Do questions with a lot of detail make u skip over them, or do u take the time to read and answer?

not much to add here…

all i can say is I'm usually guilty of skipping over questions when i see that there's a long description to it (I'm sorry=/)… unless its something i feel i just can't skip without giving my opinion.

what about u?

a note: my question doesn't mean to offend anyone whose put lots of detail into their questions… I'm just curious about each GaGer's reaction when they come across it.

• i always skip them
  • I'm keen to answer them
  • Sometimes i do, sometimes i dont

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the questions with lots of detail ramble all over the place and are often hard or even impossible to understand. If I start reading and get lost, I give up and move on. If it is written well, then I will read on and try to respond if I have something to contribute. On the other hand, questions that have too little info often make no sense either. I think if more people would compose more carefully, then go back and read it over, they would be more understandable and get more responses.

• yeh id agree with u on that. well put

What Guys Said 7

• If the question is well written, punctuated, and paragraphed, I'm far more likely to read it, no matter how long/how much detail. If it's a wall of unbroken text full of misspellings and no punctuation, chances are I'm going to skip it.

I also tend to skip a lot of "does he like me" posts, because in most cases, even the long ones don't give enough detail to know for sure - often they have a lot of detail, but none of the RELEVANT details.

Still, I'd rather have a little too much detail than not enough. I hate answering a question only to have someone reply "Oh, none of that applies because I didn't mention that..." If there are details relevant to your question, PUT THEM IN THE QUESTION! We aren't mind-readers!

• lol you wouldn't be a sweet naughty little angel if you didn't skip long questions lol

I vote 'C' cause there are times I don't both depending on my frame of mind at that point of time as well as my ability to aid the asker.

But I answer a very lengthy question most times even if the asker doesn't use proper English , question isn't well framed etc when I realize that the asker is really in need of an opinion and the matter is worth it :)

I miss the notebook option in the new GAG. There are times when I don't have the time to go through a lengthy question and I could save it in the 'notebook' to answer later even if BA has been awarded :)

• It depends on the question. I might read the first few sentences. If it seems interesting, I continue reading. If not for me, I skip.

• It depends on how coherent and well thought out the post is. Plus it needs to be a topic that interests me. Otherwise I just TLDR and move on to the next.

• I mostly tend to take the time to read through a entire question regardless of how long it is. I will admit I sometimes skip over the details if I am in a hurry.

• Depends on a topic. If it's yet another "what does it mean" and there's a wall of text, I'll just ignore it.
    I dislike reading walls of text in general though.

• Depends on if I was interested in the topic of the question

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on the topic and how much of the info is actually necessary. Some women (this is mostly a female habit) tend to give so much unnecessary information. It makes me not want to read it at all. But if it has an interesting topic and the information really is needed, then I'll read and answer it.

• Depends on the topic sometime yes other times I take the time to read & answer it.

• I read the first couple of sentences and if I find it interesting I keep going if I don't, I stop.

• Well, it all depends on the time and if i can answer the question and really if i feel like it, but when i'm giving my opinion i like having detailed information since that way i can give a better, specific answer, but short questions are always easier to answer, but normally the questions i ask tend to be long

• fair enough. so do i, if need be. sometimes an answer does need to be elaborate.
      it's ok, sometimes questions for certain situations need to be detailed too.