Do any of you have trouble figuring out what the heck the question is?

Let me just say I'm not highly educated. I did what I had to do to get out of high school and not one ounce more. College? University? What are they?
Needless to say. My writing, spelling, punctuation, grammar etc are most certainly, average at best.

But there are a lot of posts on this site that I have to read 3, 4 or more times. Just to get a small idea of what someone is trying to ask. Even then I sometimes wonder.

I realize that English is not a first language for some people. I understand that. So I expect some difficulty reading some of these posts.

But there are a lot of posts here that are nearly incomprehensible. The amount of spelling errors, lack of punctuation, grammar. Words not in the right order. Run on sentences...1000 word questions and not one period or comma or... anything.
Is this just laziness? Is it because there is no auto-correct like cell phones?

I realize I'm older and don't understand all the abbreviations or slang terms.
But I wonder what the world will be like in 15-20-25 years. How are these people going to get jobs that lead anywhere? Who will be the CEO's of companies? How will you get anywhere if you can't write a basic sentence? It leaves me asking. Why do you have to stay in school longer to be learning less. Is technology to blame?

This seems to mainly, though not exclusively, to be with the under 25 crowd. And predominantly males.

Is it just me? Or does anyone else see a problem? What is the answer?

OK let the blasting of me begin! LOL!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally agree with you; I notice that quite often. It drives me crazy, so I tend to ignore questions in text speak or ones that aren't easily readable. You aren't the only one.

• Good. Ya, if I don't understand the question the first time through I just move on. It's not worth the effort.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Laziness, and people have never learned how to write in coherent sentences. Most of them I are just typed out streams of (semi) consciousness.