How do I get followers? Is that like a friend thing?

I just joined like an hour ago. How do I get followers? Is that like a friends thing?

Sorry if this was a stupid question. I'm still getting used to how to use this site.

Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• When you Follow another user, it puts their activity into your MY FEED.
    When someone Follows you, it puts your activity into their MY FEED.

Also, if someone has activated the setting "Allow messages only from users I follow", them Following you will allow you to send them a private message.

A quick way to learn about the site is to check out our FAQ, especially the Get-Started section - http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/get-started

Please feel free to come to me with any questions or concerns as well, my door is always open :-)

What Guys Said 8

• Yup :)
    It's like when you follow me, you'll see my updates on questions, opinions and comments and when I follow you , I'll see your updates :)
    I usually ask user for permission whether I can follow them? because it would be awkward when you follow an user and she/he won't follow you back, you know :P

• I also recently joined. Welcome. You can answer questions and your xper goes up which allows u to ask more questions a day. Kind of handy because if you ever have a question, you can just take out your phone type it in and see how people answer. It's kinda like people having your back. I like it

• I followed you because you seem to frequent my questions.

When I follow someone it should count for way more than just one.. Someone should gain like at least 12 followers from it.

• lol. So I'll get more followers by you following me?

• Yeah I answered a question about my user name.

That's very interesting :)

• Good question. They follow you when they like your questions/opinions. I've only been on here a few days and I didn't ask questions like you did. Thats the only stupid question, the one not asked :)

• People will have to click on the follow button on one of your questions or on your profile i believe.

• I'll follow you

• I'm watching you :-)

• Hell I'll follow you... on here I mean. Just tell me how:-p

What Girls Said 1

• Yes that's what it is. It doesn't work as good as the friends option used to.