What do you think of the "hide" option?

Just like in Facebook . When you don't want someone's activities to appear on your live feed, you can opt to "hide" them from your live feed.

Especially users who keep on posting the same things again and again, users who only whine, and won't even listen to a single grain of advice given. Instead they put words in people's mouths, and are overall very negative and frustrating. And I don't want to see their posts appearing again and again in my live feed. Because it bugs and annoys me.

What do you think?

• Yes, I'd like it if GAG has a "hide" option
  • No, I don't need to "hide" anyone's posts
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a great idea! Ideally I would have the self control to not click on certain people's questions or answers... But I do not :)

What Guys Said 5

• Voted 'B'

GAG is meant to be an open forum for people to query their doubts and other to answer them.

Which is also one reason why GAG doesn't ask for your real credentials.

Deleting a question once you've asked it is not an option too.

Why would someone want to hide something they asked?

Also when once answered you have no control over it unless someone 'reports' it as offensive & it's set up for deletion based on the GAG rules & regulations.

The idea is we are all mature enough to get here and answer / ask questions that we do & must do after thinking about it well enough. And since we answer after thinking properly about it there's no point in hiding it :)

Disconnect (unfollow) from those who are irritating and it won't appear on your feed :) & if they are answering your questions etc then you have the option of ignoring them (not by any ignore button lol but ignore them) ;) and now GAG has a filter option in the live feed :D

• not hiding our own posts, but hiding posts from certain users. So that they won't appear in our live feed. I know we can just ignore them, but if they appear very often, it can be annoying and sometimes I don't have enough self-control not to click. And when I click and read what the QA posted, I lose my patience and want to post nasty things to him. So for me, an option to hide certain users posts from my live feed would me amazing. haha

• Cool. Haha thank you

• my pleasure young lady and always will be so :)

• I've never used it, didn't know it existed for the live feed... probably still won't use it though.

• there isn't. But personally I think there should be =)

• I don't see why it's necessary. This doesn't need to be Facebook or take on the same characteristics as Facebook. It's already more than 'trendy' enough.

• Wouldn't clicking the "unfollow" button yield the result that the person's questions would no longer appear in your live feed? Never tried it but when the new site went live that's how it was explained :-)

• they still appear in the live feed, which shoes EVERYONE'S activity

• It's a pure coincidence but I just read this news message in the right upper corner of the GAG home page: "Did you know that you can filter the LIVE FEED and MY FEED, making it easier than ever to see what you're really interested in? You can filter by Questions, Opinions, Comments, Users you Follow, Topics you Follow... on and on! Check it out!"

• yeah.. but what I wanted is to actually filter some users so I don't see their posts anymore..

• Lol Daph I wonder what you're like in real life

• just the way I am here. Not interested in people's whiny bullshit haha

• Kermit staring at a kids penis

• oh I didn't notice that before.

What Girls Said 3

• Isn't lthat like the block feature they have here?

• no, blocking only prevents people from interacting with you. I meant to actually hide their activities so you never have to see their whiny posts again in your live feed. Ever.

• Good idea won't ever happen though.

• haha I am so curious now and want to know who you want hidden. Message me some names. lol

• misogynists who have such a closed mind that everything they say gets on my nerves