How come some GAG members have so many follows and followers?

I've noticed that some people on this website have well over a dozen follows and followers. I don't personally know anybody on GAG, so I don't have any follows or followers.

I'm wondering if and how these other members have made so many connections? If you're one of these members, do you know your follows/followers personally? Just from GAG? From online websites other than GAG? Any explanation is welcomed...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm fairly new here myself. Been here only a couple of weeks, and I got like 5 new Followers this week that I haven't talked to before. So I'm guessing they liked my opinions or questions and decided they'd like to hear/read some more?

And I also see people who answer some of my questions, then a bunch of their friends comment on that post, and they talk and make a thread out of it. I was confused and thought that maybe there's some kind of Forum or Discussion Board somewhere here in GAG where people form friends or something. They even talk about how good-looking other users are. So there must be an album or gallery like Facebook ?

I'm still not sure, and I'll continue exploring this site. But yeah, just make your questions and opinions well-thought of and likeable, so people would expect and would want to see more from you.

What Girls Said 6

• When the Friends and Followers features were combined, all of your Friends were kept but became listed both as Follows and Followers. (You may have noticed that many users' Follows and Followers list are more or less equal in amount, for example when the new layout came out it said I had about 64 Follows and Followers.) If you didn't have any Friends before the layout change, your Follow/ers lists will be empty until you follow someone or they follow you.

Also, this feature is no longer a mutual thing. If you follow someone, they don't have to follow you back, and vice versa.

And you don't have to necessarily know someone to follow them! If someone stands out to you, if you like their advice or opinions or such, you can follow them to easily keep track of their posts:
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/live-feed?t=my
    (Unless their profile is private, in which case you can't follow them, though it may still be possible to message them.)

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• turns out the last person I tried to follow...

has me blocked.

• you can make many other accounts male and female and follow your ownself.. upvote, downvote, ask question and answer it yourself :D joke! i think they are interesting, smart, good-looking people with pleasing personality.. i'm kinda jealous :(

• Because people are interested in what they have to say. Some people also just randomly follow everyone.

• Those are internet people who like to socialize online (cyber friends). I'm not part of that crowd.

• It just comes from being active on the site. People will start to recognize your username after a while, and many (hopefully) will dig your opinions and advice and want to Follow you to see what more you have to say. Many also like getting to know each other, making friends to talk to, get one on one advice with... that all comes from being more known on the site.

What Guys Said 6

• I just follow people that post interesting questions and responses. I don't really talk to anyone outside of the ask/answer question format, but I wouldn't be opposed. There's some really cool people here.

• Some people have been here for years and accumulated a fan base that comes with that time. Just be friendly, lighthearted, knowledgeable, and witty then you'll have people following you around.

• Not really sure how follows work now but on the old site it used to be adding people as friends instead of following them. So if you added someone as a friend and they accepted they show up as followers and you follow them also. Honestly people just kept adding me back when I was more active on this site but I never really talk to most of them.

• I have been here a while, that is why lol

• cream of the crop

• I dont even know how we do that shit