How often do you report someone?

Do you do it because a reasonable purpose?
Did you ever get a question or comment removed cause someone did not like it?
this has happened to me once and i find it a bit unfair

Most Helpful Guy

• I never report anyone. A lot of people don't like to hear hard reality and so they report. Such is the world we live in.

What Guys Said 7

• I didn't generally, but i'm in the position where I actively to report people and such... I'm a very 'by the book' person so it's always for a good reason in conjunction with the site rules. I've had one or two comments removed way back, but I never really thought about it.

• I've never reported anyone on this website before. Probably never will.

I've recently had comments removed. Both times I thought I had made a witty and funny comment, but somebody must not have liked it. It does surprise me that someone would have wanted my comment removed that badly based off what I had said.

So, I somewhat feel your pain here

• exactly. that happens to me.

• A funny and witty comment is fine, but it also has to be relevant to the question or at least contain helpful advice. Sometimes this happens:

Q: What I wear to prom? I'm a chubby girl
      A: A tent. (just an example of an answer the answerer might think is funny, but is in no way helpful for the QA.)

• Some people will report anything around here. I got an email from the admin after one small comment. Some people need to harden up.

• It's really rare. I've only done it for blatant homophobia.

• Never ever ever :) But I would report someone for racist comments :)

• I never reported anyone.

• Im to lazy haha

What Girls Said 10

• Nothing you post will be removed just because someone "didn't like it."

If someone reports you or if a Mod hides something you've posted and they did so because they disagreed or something (which they should not do)... the Admins will always check to see if the post breaks any rules, and if it doesn't, it will be allowed to stay.

And if a Mod was really hiding posts left and right because they didn't like what someone was saying, they would probably have their Mod status revoked for sending in so many false reports about content that doesn't break any of the rules.

• Come on how many people said the don't report questions and answers LOL! But hey I have a question how can you block someone on here? I have tried that, but they keep responding back, and they harassed your question as well.

• When you said report someone... do you mean report their posts or report their profiles?

I only report users who are literally spamming the site, and users who only makes provoking posts such as "I don't care if women get raped, I don't have any sympathy for women at all". Shortly, users who don't bring anything good to the site and bring negative things instead of genuinely seeking advice.

• as much as people can annoy me here, i haven't done it once.

• I've never reported anyone on here haha.

• I never had to report someone. I did though have a comment removed, they said it was nonsense.

• I had a question removed they said it was nonsense too

• anything they dont want to hear they report

• Haha so true

• I haven't reported anyone on here.

• i've gotten reported but i understand why.

• not often. Only if they are racist, sexist and annoying.

• I think I only did it once. I don't even remember what it was specifically, but it was some sort of comment I saw that was very inappropriate.