Do you think GAG will be a paid site ever?

I was wondering about business dynamics. Do you think GAG will become a paid site with premium membership ever?

Regular members ofcourse will exist but there may be some features that will require a premium membership upgrade?

Guess the earning is generally from the adverts but those again stop showing for those beyond a certain Xper level which again I believe is another reason why the new GAG has increased the points for gaining Xper levels.

Just a wild thought :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, I hope not. It's always such a bummer when sites resort to premium memberships... the benefits are rarely worth the amount of money they want you to pay.

What Girls Said 4

• I would hope not. If so, I think less people would use GAG. I really don't think that many people would PAY for this site.
    In order for them to make us pay, they'd either have to add new 'paid member only' features or take some features away and make them only available for paid members (like earning points more quickly, being anonymous for any answer -instead of regular members who can only be anonymous for X amount of answers a day-, adding polls, etc?)

• It could well become an earning site against memberships - a 2 way street (it can always be worked out, never underestimate the corporate mind :D )

Taking features away isn't an option to this site, add ons for premium members is another thing :)

Earning points faster for paid members will only demoralize regular users again not an option

Changing anything that exists now for free members against paid members isn't a very good option :)

• Well unthink it! The last thing we need to do is give them ideas lol

But ummm no GAG is suppose to be a site to help people and answer their questions to the best of our ability. Now if they charged us for that GAG would no longer be used. Everyone would move on to another site like Yahoo Answers.

I mean seriously it's not like we're trying to find a date on here or anything like that.

• At the most maybe charge us for asking questions... but giving out answers is just absurd! I'd rather not help than to lose money trying to help.

• ha ha the 'unthink' is cute lol

There are times young lady that getting answered properly on a situation is more important than a date :)

My mind is hardwired to think like a promoter of an organization - am probably born that way :)

Nothing w/o utility survives and it's pure economics of supply and demand :)

I didn't mean it should be a paid site completely, I meant something like 'premium membership' for those who want it while disturbing nothing with the existing subscribers & while adding on something for premium members. And that adding on is not them getting easier Xpers but maybe instead of 1 point for asking a question they get 2 or 4 instead of 3 for answering etc :)

• No no it's not like being charged to ask questions or give out answers, like I said nothing will change with the existing set up :)

• i don't see that happening

• I doubt it.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't even suggest.. I don't love the site enough to pay for it.. haha

• If it does become a paid site everyone will leave over night. It would be a good way to ruin this site.

• Premium membership not a completely paid site :) hence there will be options :)

• It's only human to be comfortable even if not complacent with what is initially perceived / experienced.

The new GAG is a much better world than the old one. The new GAG is more user friendly, less bugs and faster as well as interactive :)

A lot of thought has gone into it by the management and I give them good credit for that :)

It's still being fine tuned and getting still better :)

• It's the basic theory and fact of getting comfortable and being averse to change :)

• I highly doubt it

• NO I DONT THINK IT WILL

• Nope, but if it ever does - I'm gone.

• Yea, and tumblr would be free? No way ha