Why is this site changing everything all the time?

Ok I don't understand, why they changed the live feed to now include what's trending this site is so much more confusing now!! Please keep the structure of this site the same it's very aggravating to come on here, and in less then a months time have major changes again, and again I personally can't stand the way this is laid out!! I wish one could use the older version, or this one I rather use the older version!! I don't enjoy this experience what really sucks more then anything about this site is I know I'll get grief from the moderators for posting this I don't come in here that much anymore and it is because this site has changed, and became user unfriendly why I don't instead of this site taking my statements as "bitching" perhaps they should offer users alternatives to the way this new version of this site is run!! Please if your a moderator have respect for my opinion and please don't belittle, or try to upset me I'm making it for the betterment of others who share my same disliking and maybe don't have the time or guts to say something!!

What I can't stand the most about this concept is you have everything anyone does in one huge grouping the asked questions are with the comments, those are in with opinions it's Just a mixed bag what I suggest is highlight the open questions.
This is too much deciphering I say get rid of the history of what each person is doing that's nonsense to have so and so just left an opinion, or so and so just commented that's running live feed so is called is just ignorant this isn't Twitter!!

Most Helpful Girl

• We updated the site with changes made based on the feedback we received from you guys. These are changes that G@Gers requested and suggested :-)

Most of the changes were style, not function. But we did update the LIVE FEED function to make it easier for everyone to find what you want.
    You can even set a default filter, letting you go straight to questions and users that interest you the most.

Please see our FAQ for information about these features - http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• I won't be coming here that much anymore I don't like this setup one bit it is why I don't hardly bother with this site I won't come to a site that tries to impede on what works an in no shape or form has this site made things easier for the average user that's my opinion I'm very disgusted on how they support a majority bias and implement major changes and I never see those that want the changes id would like the old site back or an alternative to this nonsense!! I'm very frustrated with the navigation of this site call it "trolling" call it what you will I don't give a damn you people threaten to delete my account because of my lack of positive attitude toward something that doesn't work for me you forced a perfectly good site into garbage by the way yahoo answers did the same thing it's just a horrible layout I hate it I would be glad people questions and help and I enjoyed it in the old version they should have an alternative!!

• In order for me to chill there would need to be a heated opinion.

This is simply the way I talk, there is no anger or stress involved.

• To address your updates, QA, the LIVE FEED can now be filtered and set default per filter. You don't have to see everything in one group :-)

What Girls Said 12

• This is a valid question, no moderator should remove it or get upset. You're entitled to your opinions just like everyone else.

Personally, it is somewhat difficult to finally get used to things and then have to adapt to new changes again. However, the changes they are making are things that a lot of users have requested or asked about. It's impossible to please everyone, I'm sure the admins are doing the best they can to please as many users as possible.

Of course, that doesn't mean your opinion is any less important, there are just so many users with such varied opinions. They can only try to make the site better for the majority.

I understand your frustrations though and I'm sorry you feel that way. However, all you can do is try to get used to the changes and make the best of the situation, or leave the site.

• All they got to do is keep this version, and incorporate the old version as well then there is no people who have to be impacted by the changes, one could hsve a choice it should be a choice some people are more simple minded they don't want "box" formats for things they don't want to hsve to pick what they want for a feed, they don't want to have to navigate anything all they want to do is come in a site have all questions in every category there straight forward and ready to answer this is way too much navigation and too confusing the older style was pick a category right to the questions this has people's headlines on every question with an answer from multiple people I find that extremely tasking to deceipher what has been answered what's an open question, what's not? I like simple, the simpler the better!!

• Although I enjoy the GAG experience, all of the new changes are a bit overwhelming. I would be lying if I said that the consistent changes aren't slightly annoying. You finally get used to something and then it switches up on you, that's aggravating lol but they aren't just pulling the idea from their a**es, there are GAG users who have recommended the change sooo...meh, I see both sides. They can't make everyone happy.

• But your last statement is not true they can make everyone happy by having both versions the only people that are unhappy are the people that want to be here but don't understand this concept, or rather stick with GAGS roots and simplistic format I am one of those people choice in life is everything to be forced to out up with something when one doesn't have to is ridiculous!! Click of a link you change the version and you can change back and forth at any time what's so challenging about implementing that? They act like it can't be done and people say oh just leave why leave? I like it here that may not be obvious but it's true!!

• ...Asker. lol, lets be real. There are at least 100 users on this website. The probability of GAG making us all happy is slim to 0. lol
      You do kinda sound like you're complaining at this point. This is how things are going to be here from now on whether you like it or not.You're going to have to accept it or move on with your life.

• It's refreshing. Change is good. It's just the way it is. If your government suddenly changes the layout of the city, many people would bitch too because many people don't like change. But they still have to accept it. I mean, the change is only in style, not functionality. Is it really that big of a deal? Because if it is, I'm sure you can find other sites that would suit your taste. But remember, at this day and age, every website gets updated. No website wants to look exactly the way websutes do 10 years ago. We just have to deal with it.

• I agree whole heart idly on your points, however there is no reason to get rid of what version for another I'm not saying change this format some people like to be confused, I'm not one, all I'm saying is have this version and the old version with the new versions terminology so there is a CHOICE why make anyone unhappy when you don't have to?

• I don't think it could be that easy. I'm not an IT specialist, but I mean, maybe IT-wise, it's not practical or maybe not even possible to keep all the versions online so users could pick their preferred versions. That's why other sites like Facebook also make permanent updates and not provide the users with choice.

• My guess is they do it to keep people interested. I know Im definitely interested in all the new stuff. I also like the fact that they have these announcements to tell us about this stuff as well :) I absolutely LOVE this site, And Im very active, and I like to see new things on here :)

• Ok its pissing me off the new layout hurts my eyes so much white

• Are there any other sites similar to this but better that you know of?

• Stop crying!

Before people were complaining about WHEN they were going to do some changes... and they complain about why they keep changing it... xD!

People are never satisfied... such drama queens :D!

• Anyway, I do agree that I liked the OLD version better :]!

• Have respect I'm not crying I'm tired of people being rude with their comments if you didn't like my question you didn't have to comment in the first place using your personal agendas against people is called harassment look it up it's I the TOS agreement your helping advise an asker with your opinion only you are in no way to accuse a member of acting a certain way this site is strict on harassment we don't need people making people feel bad for expressing their minds!!

• Oh, I wasn't aware that 5 year old were allowed to post questions on here. Sorry for hurting your feelings. Hopefully you'll become an adult some day.

Don't do bad things, and listen to your mommy!! Cheers! :]!

• I mentioned something like this on another question. I appreciate that they're actually trying to make improvements but I'm getting a little annoyed with the sudden changes. I barely know where anything is now and everything's so..bright.

• they want to make it exciting

• It would be more exciting if KarKingJack, SnackyG and SocietysBomb were still around

• You can't get very excited if your not happy can you? 2 versions same terminology different formats very simple one newer one older version everyone can be much more excited then!! :)

• In my humble opinion, I think the old version of the site was much better and easier to use...

• The site isn't going back to the way it was. Adapt or find a different Q&A site.

• And I'm not wanting it to either all i want is a CHOICE there is a huge difference there :)

What Guys Said 4

• I too like the old version, but I respect the fact that they're tyin to make improvements. This can't happen overnight, but I see improvemnts being made almost everyday. Just hang in there for a bit before you make a final decision.

• Thanks, but final decision is have both versions if your one that likes new things and innovation, I say great for you I believe in the philosophy it wasn't broke in the older version why fix it or try to incorporate change to some of us who don't like change I don't like change because it's not simple change, they changed it for more non- simplistic minds!! It doesn't function for older minds or simple thinkers categories in simple point and click format all right there straight to the question and straight to the answer one could still use the same terminology for the older version as the new could even keep some of the key characteristics of the new version I'm sorry but this format is for innovative minds I don't want to have to think to do something I'm one who enjoys things easy I don't get any enjoyment out of this site anymore and it's pretty sad all because they refuse to have both versions!!

• I have to agree with you to soem extent. But i'm holding out for something better.

• They have nothing better to do

• So far I've been in favour of the changes. What we had before was dated and boring.