How do you like the new filter setup on Live Feed?

I'm sure you guys have noticed the new Live Feed set up.

You can now create your own feed by selecting post types and follow types filters from drop down menus. (you need to click on "Filter By" link on your feed to see these options)

Let me give you an example...Let's say you want to view all the questions from users you follow... You set the first filter to "Questions" and the second filter to "Users I follow" and there you go, you see only the questions from users you follow on your Live Feed.

Or another scenario: You want to see all the posts (including questions, answers, comments, articles) from all the topics you follow...You set the first filter to "All Activity" and the second filter to "Topics I Follow"...This will give you all the activity from your favorite topics.

You can also save this filter setting...After selecting the "post type" and "follow type" filters from drop down menus, you can click on "set default" and this will save your preferences for your feed. So the next time you come to the feed page, you will see your preferred posts in the feed. Of course, you can always change the filters and look at other post types and follow types.

It seems complicated at first, but once you get familiar with it, filtering becomes a very powerful tool which lets you create your own G@G universe.

Let us know what you think about this feature and help us improve the way we follow and share...Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it too, but mostly I want to see activities from everyone, so I doubt that I'd be using the filter anytime soon..

What I'd appreciate would be a function to hide all activities from blocked users so that their names and questions don't keep popping up in our general live feed. Or the option to hide specific users. Is that implementable at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a huge step in the right direction.

• glad you liked it...thanks for the feedback :)

• It hasn't been implemented yet..We are working on it for mobile.

• Thanks for mho!

What Girls Said 16

• I actually really like it. It will make things a lot more convenient in my opinion and easier to see posts that I want to see:)

• I would have prefered to be able to filter them by topic

• Hi...You can filter by the topics you follow...so if you want to follow certain topics, just add it to your follow list...thanks for the feedback

• You can see questions by one Topic at a time by going to the Questions drop down and clicking By Topic. After choosing a Topic, you can browse questions, starting with the most recent, for that Topic only :-)

• I know, it just takes what too many clicks

• Getting used to it. Anyway it's a lot better tban before

• looks WAYY Betterr

• I really like it.

• It has been there since the big update a month ago the just changed the way you access it.

• There are more filtering choices now, and you can now set a default filter to keep it on what you like most without having to change it each time :-)

• Ah that's better

• I tried the new filter set the default checked out a question went right back to showing everything. So in all honesty the new filter sucks.

• i like it, it's very convenient

• I don't like it I just want to be able to go to which ever question I like and I don't care about following people it sounds stalkerish

• I liked it :D

• I don't like it at all. I have been a member for years and I have stopped using this less because of the newest settings. Seriously, just go back to the few main tabs. Its easier to scroll that way.

• Its cool. I like that you can filter your feed :)

• sigh, post is too long:/

Anyways, I just don't care for the new GAG. I used to come on all the time, now? Once a week.
    I'm only on now because I'm having a lazy day.

• ...can you guys please do something about all the white space on the site? Every time I log on now, something's changed but the excessive use of blankness (?) is still here :/

• I doesn't make a difference to me.

• I like how it doesn't constantly update when I'm looking through the questions.

• i definitely like it.

What Guys Said 16

• I'm sure it's useful, but i've never used it and never will... Kind of upset they changed the upvote and downvote display for opinions though, I don't see why that was changed at all.

• I seem to like / love everything about GAG always :) you guys are very hard working as well as cooperative and assertive with your responses as well as initiatives.

You listen to people and revert (especially @Sparrow24 - am unaware if she's assigned to a specific timeline or stuff but she's awesome)

I like the filter stuff and the newer look :)

• The transition from the older version to the old version (just before this) was significant, but ultimately turned out well I think. The changes from yesterday to today are relatively minor in my opinion, and probably will turn out making it work even better.

• It disappoints me that there is still no way to filter out questions regarding penis size and Palek's dissertations on poo.

• Definitely an improvement.

• Waaaaaay better. It looks a lot better on my mobile

• I think It will become useful as many people Use live feed and Setting it to filter questions every time you come to the site in annoying so with this addition it looks better.

Also I noticed if you use Larger Screens Like a 32 that I use to view the site there Might be a Problem of the parts not being correctly fitted so You just need to zoom in till it fixes that.

• disregard "it looks better " I meant to say "It makes it easier " me and my English XD

• I like it A LOT. I pretty much only use the live feed and there are so many new options available for it now.

• I like it. I still think opinions should be changed back to answers and most helpful should be changed back to best answer it just sounds and looks better

• Excellent addition.

The overall experience became tedious with the initial update. I'm very impressed with the new changes.

• It's better than fried chicken. Unless you're a chicken.

• It's better but needs to STAY SET to what we set it to.

If I set it to trending tab, question filter. It should stay like that everytime I come to gag.

• i love this option

• It's a lot easier now to navigate and I can perminately set it to display questions only.

• Can we just admit all these changes were a bad idea, or at least didn't turn out as good as thought, and go back to the old GaG, please? That would be cool.

• I like it, I have it set to only questions.