Do people on here block you for no reason?

There was some dude saying he felt "unsafe" because of a mean comment he got here. I said "Are you trying to make a joke, because I've seen some of your answers and you're not always the sweetest candy in the drawer LOL It's the internet, report and move on." He commented, "no joke. i always answer truthfully, even if it comes across as being a dick. sometimes you have to hear what you have to hear not what you want. however, i don't need to be attacked for my opinions, that's just outright wrong and would be illegal in some cases" and then he BLOCKED me LOL

Is this what people resort to? Blocking for no reason at all, just for saying you're not always nice? Blocking after having the last word? What the fuck?
How am I supposed to interact and be honest here when people just block you immediately, I'm going to end up blocked by everyone if that's the case LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• I will not comment on the situation you speak of because I am on that thread, but from my own experience, I have been blocked for no reason...and I don't care. I actually WELCOME people to block me. Kind of like a put up or shut up situation.

From my own experience, usually people who block me are people I wouldn't want to deal with on the site anyway. So..whatever. And yes, people often want the last word, but its all childish really.

• My most recent blocking incident was this chick who asked a question about her FAILED relationship. She expressed that her bf no longer wanted her, and they were engaged and he broke up with her...blah, blah. She wanted to know why did all of that happen, or something to that effect. My first response to her was that she needed to give MORE details about the relationship. How the hell can someone answer a question truthfully, if you have given virtually NO INFO on why the situation ended up the way it is. So I asked her for more information and she copped an attitude for NO reason. I didn't know it was wrong to ask for proper details so I can give a proper opinion. But that's the thing with this site, a lot of users are temperamental and highly unrealistic to anything in life. Needless to say, she never gave me more info, but was more than ready to behave like an ass, and try to insult me. So I told her I was blocking her, and suggested she did the same.

• Its unbelievable how many people here either want answers that support their I'll behavior, or responses that coddle them. The worst part is that other users dont even want to help beyond their own want for most helpful opinion. So users adjust and tailor their responses to fit what the QA probably wants to hear. Its a joke honestly.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, that does happen sometimes. I've had users block me that I've never even interacted with. Some people are just sensitive and if they don't agree with you, they'll block you or in arguments, try to get the last word. It's all rather petty. Just try to ignore it.

• Meh, some people are just too darn sensitive for their own good. I don't know how they're going to make it in this world lol seriously.
    I think GAG should require you to give a reason as to why you are blocking that person so when that person tries to participate on your post, the reason shows up

• He probably didn't want you calling him out again so he blocked you.

I'm not sure if anyone has blocked me yet. I say stupid crap all the time but I try not to be completely insensitive.

• A lot of people have the "needing to say the last word" syndrome..

Immature behavior, in my opinion, but it is the internet.

Sometimes people just don't like what you've said and decided to block you. Happens.

• No they block because of your questions or answers

What Guys Said 5

• Haha, happens with me too man.
    you remind me of an incident here :P
    A user I don't know what's his name but he used to think "I should block him because he's a moderator and he'll delete my questions"
    And he also blocked other all moderators of the site too lmao xD
    So, my suggestion is ignore them and move on man , they aren't paying your bills bro lol

• "sometimes you have to hear what you have to hear not what you want" he is the guy who is being actually like that. Wants to feel Superior to people , feels that only his views should be shared among others

"however, i don't need to be attacked for my opinions, that's just outright wrong and would be illegal in some cases" Wants to feel Superior but so scared at the first glimpse to opposition feels the need to make nonsense comment on the issue as a defensive move.

In conclusion - Wants to be tough , puts up a front but has no solid foundation behind his words. Backs up and breaks down when faced with the slightest opposition from another party.

• Someone blocked me here and I never had any contact with her. But I don't care.

• I've had a couple people block me for no reason. They just suddenly get all rude.

• some users even report you for no reason...i've known one user who's been banned for no reason because he had haters on here...so they reported him for no reason and hi got banned eventually just because they didn't like what he wrote...

• the users don't ban you, the site does. You prob deserved it LOL

• lol...you'll get banned for being an ass one day...