Have you noticed a change in the tone of conversations here since the changes have been put in place?

It seems to me that generally people are less rude and seem to be trying to be more helpful. There are (or so it seems) more up arrows and less down arrows. And it seems that more question askers select a 'Most Helpful' opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. Also, the new reporting system pretty much steals any thunder than trolls used to have. Questions that aren't questions (rants) get deleted and answers that aren't answers also get deleted.

So people who generally want help and want to answer have a better platform to do just that.

What Girls Said 5

• More QAs pick a MH, THAT I do notice.

But I can't say that I have noticed this change of tone you're talking about..

• May be because the opinion police are running rampant. I have 3 opinions pulled for what admins have called nonsense or confrontational.

• yes, definitely a change for the better

• Yeah true. But its also very neat and easy ti understand now

• Not sure about the change in tone.. but i you don't select MH in a timely fashion you will get a message from GAG tellin you to choose MH.. haha.

• Well, I guess I may see it happen here. This is my first question in a while. I believe in recognizing the effort people put in to answers, and try to always award Best Answer (now Most Helpful). But You need to give time for people to respond. Even if everyone checked in at least once a day, that is still 24 hours, and I see some people awarding Most Helpful after only a few minutes. Then along comes an opinion that is way better.

• Hm. I see what you mean.

What Guys Said 3

• only cause they bug you if you don't

• Nope, there are still plenty of dim-witted idiots that either jump to very bold conclusions in your comments section, don't understand what you posted as an answer before they go shooting their mouth off, or people that are quick to get pissy and offended over the slightest "attack" on their character as they perceive it.

All seems normal in GAGville

• I think that it's not as heavily moderated. I think that people don't take everything so personally as moderators think they would. I've seen some hilariously funny answers that would never have been allowed before, but had like 15 up votes.