Do you feel like users just make up stories and scenarios for the sake of doing so? Or do you feel like users are being truthful when asking for help?

I dont know about you, but some of the questions here are so far left field, that i can't help but think people make up stories for the sake of amusing themselves. I guess i feel this way because if a question is super charged, meaning the qa gets a ton of responses, he or she just disappears and doesn't engage with users regarding their opinion. Im guessing trolling just happens a lot here...What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe people create made-up situations (or build half-truths off of real ones) in order to genuinely see how others view certain topics.

Or maybe (probably) they're just trolling.

I don't know . I'm sure user-intentions vary.

What Guys Said 4

• I would say that it likely happens, from time to time. But I won't waste effort figuring out which is which. Life is too short to worry about what anonymous person online is giving off false messages for personal entertainment. I rather just answer the question. Maybe someone with a similar question who actually means it will read the response. It isn't entirely worthless.

• I'm sure it happens at times. Some do it to help the asker and some do it just to provide entertainment and points. But it usually depends on what the question is about. Answering some questions with making something up is not so easy.

• I'm sure it happens sometimes, but really what would a person some by making stuff up on here? It's not like we are all actual friends or will ever meet, so they would have to be some kind of Sorry douche bag to make stuff up to post on this site. Not sure what type of charge they'd get out of it.

• yes. it's just the Internet.

What Girls Said 3

• It might happen, but I never just disregard what could be a very serious situation for the sake of arrogantly proclaiming something. Far left field situations truly do happen. They may not happen in your world. Your own world of family and friends may live certain lifestyles to where such far left field occurrences won't exist. Yet that doesn't negate how valid these personal experiences can be for someone from a completely different corner of the world.

I think it's rude to come to someone's post with some arrogant, know it all attitude and say "You're trolling. This isn't real." because what if it is? Then you've wasted someone's time trying to play Sherlock Holmes lol The thought has crossed my mind, but I never act on it because I take giving advice very seriously. Even if it's some huge joke, you never know what people are going through.

• I think some of it is BS. trollers just looking for attention but I do think there are genuine people on here looking for advice and help. You usually know when someone is making up stories or "fantasies" on here.

• I'm sure there are some people on here that get a weird kick out of making something up, but I think most people are truthful.