Do you give blunt answers on GAG?

Or are you a more sugarcoating kind of person? or i'd also say a lot of people are very much into the stereotypes and bro code style of answers where they follow common 'rules' as the basis for their answers...

I'm pretty blunt, I won't really beat around the bush, at the same time i'm not here to offend anyone and i'm trying to balance between getting my point across and sounding like i'm being a dick on purpose.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do sometimes come across abrasive, but I usually try to be more gentle with my responses because people LISTEN and respond better when you advise that way.

I don't sugarcoat though, I'm always honest. I just choose my words carefully.
    Some people like to be assholes and use the excuse, "I'm just being honest." I don't buy that.
    Honest ≠ Asshole
    There are ways to be honest and get your point across without being hateful, insulting, and/or condescending.
    I wish more people understood that.

What Girls Said 15

• People come here wanting the unfiltered truth, but the generally can't handle it.. that or they already have made up their mind or they're fishing for a certain answer and get really agitated when they aren't getting what they hoped for. Counter-intuitive.

I'll tell it like I see it, and it isn't always nice.

• I'm sort of in-between. I consider my answers to be very honest but at the same time, I would never intentionally offend anyone or hurt anyone's feelings on purpose. I know how to give honest, blunt, advice/opinions while still maintaining respect for the QA.

In my opinion, there is a fine line between being blunt and just being rude. I try my best to be truthful about what I really think as well as still trying to be kind about what I have to say.

• I give blunt answers on here. They're usually still nice though.

I tell people what I think and usually its what they wanted to here.

And even when it's not someone on GAG wanted to here what I had to say even if it's not the person that asked it.

• I give my honest opinions, but I try to word it in a way so it wouldn't hurt them too much.

But sometimes there are people who wants opinions or advice, but wouldn't actually accept anything. In that case, I'd be really blunt and tell them to get their acts together and grow up.

• I don't sugar coat my answers.

• Yeah. I just don't care. I used to get called a bitch for it. Now I just don't answer as many questions

• I'm truthful but word my answers as best as I can so as not to offend. But should they give me grief because they're looking for a certain kind of answer then it's no holds bar.

• You have answered so many of my questions in my old accounts.I must say that your answers always make me feel calm.

• yes usually i am blunt on here. unlike in real life. people chide me for being too aimai.

• I'm always honest. I figure if you ask a question, you want the real truth- so I give it. I'm not someone who is intentionally mean about it, though.

• I hope I am not blunt here , but I am a direct person while trying to be sensitive towards others. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone but I wouldn't sugar coat, I would give my honest answers

• i try to be as blunt as possible. These people need some sense slapped into them.

• Your determination is totally hot.

• I think you immolate a lot of hearts and feelings in the searing truth you produce with your radiance and all-seeing vision.

• well. Sometimes, people need to hear the truth. SO if i'm the one to crush their dreams, oh well. well actually i hope i am. JUST KIDDING. But still life goes on.

• I certainly am not trying to be rude but I give honest to the point answers.

• i always try my answers to be straight to the point but in a polite way. :)

• I think I like you jonny..

• Is that the blunt answer or the sugar coated one? :P

• Desperate? Not at all :D

• Oh well!

What Guys Said 8

• I'm usually pretty blunt. Other times I soften it. Every now and then I outright lie.

It just depends on the question. I'm a firm believer in "tough love" because I know it works. But that doesn't mean it works in every situation.

Sometimes I'll lie if the truth serves no purpose and is cruel. Other times the truth can hurt but is needed, so I'll soften it.

In politics and social issues, anything goes. It's no holds barred.

I also don't always agree with what I say, but say it to make a point that hasn't been made.

• It depends on the question, and what mood I am in at the time. People get angry, but I think the message is more likely to be lost when the answer is sugar coated too much. So I don't sugar coat things like I use to.

• My level of bluntness is directly to tied to the device I'm on when I'm browsing the site.

On my desktop I can type super fast so I'm more likely to give more detailed answers that may not seem as blunt.

On my phone my answers are much shorter and to the point. And on my Ipad it's somewhere in between.

• I try to be honest without being a dick. Some people think of blunt as being a complete asshole. People can be straightforward and honest with how they feel without treating other people like dirt.

• It all depends on if I want the hassle of arguing with a question asker

• I sugarcoat everything I can. Including this answer. Honey.

• I tend to give blunt honest answers that I normally don't give in person when answering questions on here.

Can't be bothered to sugar or honey coat. I do that enough for a job, don't feel like doing it on here too.

In any case I tend to say it as it is as I assume the person asking the question wants a full honest answer rather than one they want to hear... if they want to hear an answer they want to hear they would ask their mom I suppose?

• I always strive to be as helpful as possible in my answers, but sometimes the person and/or question is just too stupid to help in any fashion at all, so regardless of what I say it won't matter. At that point I just resort to being blunt and getting my point across, which they will disagree with anyway.