Since GAG's update hides comment votes to non-voters, do you have MORE or LESS votes on your comments?

Overall, I notice votes on my comments have dropped immensely. In theory, I think eliminating the chance of past votes influencing future up/down votes is great; but in terms of practicality it doesn't work.

More comments go overlooked because we don't see its "reviews", so to speak.

Can you imagine if Amazon.com eliminated customer reviews? How many GREAT products would be overlooked? Likewise, great comments are being overlooked, in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on this change?

• More votes
  • Less votes

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally, I have less votes. I've started to see a little increase lately, but still NOTHING like what my posts got in the old G@G.

• Glad to know even an admin see's it! You have the power to get it done...

*slides sparrow one... two George Washingtons*

• Thanks for MH!

• You're most welcome. :-)

What Girls Said 1

• Slightly less than on the previous version but it doesn't bother me. I don't really care about the up and down ratings on here anyway. I also don't need to see other peoples' votes on a post to be able to make my own mind up about that particular post.

Why do users need to see the "reviews" of an opinion? I like that the update has deterred bandwagon voting and forces people to think for themselves regarding giving up and down votes.

• I'm not sure about you, but I read less comments now than before. Seeing the potential quality of a post is like a cliff note. It sounds the wrong way, but such "reviews" lets you know if something is worth your attention or not.

• I understand what you mean. I just read everything on the page. Maybe not thoroughly but it doesn't take long for me to skim an answer and see if I want to fully read it or not and then decide if I agree or disagree with what was said. But I also don't vote on answers a lot anyway on the old version or here.

What Guys Said 2

• I get voted on WAY less than I did before GaG's makeover

• I did a little independent study of mine own regarding this. I have noticed there are serial down voters. No matter what the answer is, or what the subject is, they will down vote. One happens to be a female moderator who is reasonably attractive. She's just a down voting machine.

• Not you xHoneyxBeex.

• On your comments overall, since the update do you get more or less votes?

• Typically more, except for when one female moderator is online serial down voting.