How do you see the social atmosphere of GaG? "Family" or not?

So... Do you feel that the community is here like a big "family" or rather a don't-know-eachother site, like yahoo answers or other asking sites?

Ps. I hope admins won't take this as advertising T.T

• family
  • like other sites
  • depends
  • I'm not sure (don't choose this plox)
Every time you vote D, a baby seal dies.

http://hungertruth.com/images/baby_seal_b3c2.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I do see it as a community, however, I wouldn't refer to it as a "family." Lol I recognize a lot of the users who post frequently and after a while, it's easy to gauge the personalities (or perceived personalities) of some of the people on here. I think that it was more of a community on the older site though. The new update somewhat seems to have taken away from that atmosphere.

• oh god, what could my personality "look like" T.T
      yeah, well I think a forum could help a lot to improve the atmosphere.

What Girls Said 5

• I think C should be 'other" instead of "dpnds".

I wouldn't call it a family, I don't think people are that tight around here lol. More like school, if anything. There are people who know each other and talk! Then those who don't exactly interact but seem to be only here to collect xpers, there are trolls too that no one likes

• If it were a family, it would be highly dysfunctional and CRAZY. While there is a sense of community, it is still just like other sites. Some users totally destroy that sense of community, though. They then turn it into some type of battlefield!

• Come to think of it, battlefield/war zone should have been a choice on your poll. Shame!

• ok, true, there are some jerks here. But then there are also certain users where whom I remember and I recognize them. The problem I guess is that the whole site is too open to the internet and anyone can join it and put anything there. Well, I can't deny, sometimes, I also behave a bit immature, but I never send d*ck pictures and never tease or offend anyone ( i hope)

• haha :D I rather like to use the "mouth-karate" word instead of battlefield :D

• Lol no. Family doesn't insist on sending you dick pics

• Voted B
    just like other sites

• I've always seen it as a community, like a small town or a big neighborhood. That's how I viewed things as a user and that hasn't changed.
    I don't think it's really a family, because there are a lot of things here that family would NEVER discuss or say to each other :-P
    But yeah, small town community is how it feels to me.
    Small... and growing...

What Guys Said 4

• This is just like my family. A lot of yokels who somehow get along aharmoniously. Can't escape from real life!

• I see it more as casual acquaintances over a 'family'

• Well it's not long time since i'm on here, but i think it's like other sites but with more respective ruls :)

• As a community mostly