Can we get a button that finally lets us block anonymous users?

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be nice, some anon users abuse the anon function by purposely being rude to people, I find. Then when you call them out on it they block you because they know who you are.

What Guys Said 2

• A button like that would be great.

Short of that, get rid of anonymous profiles completely. As far as the reason being some people would be afraid to ask embarrassing questions. That's ridiculous. You don't have to use your real name or your photo. So you're still anonymous. But it gives the user the choice who they will communicate with.

• That would require menial amounts of effort and brainstorming. This is America, don't get your hopes up.

What Girls Said 5

• When you ask a question you should see the option, "Don't allow anonymous users?" right above the option to create a poll. Unless you're talking about blocking anon users elsewhere?

• I think she means being able to block anonymous users like you can block a regular user.

• True, but if they are trolling me, or insulting/antagonizing me in some way, I don't want them to continue to comment on my questions or answers. It wouldn't matter who the user is. There are a lot of anon users who sit up on their high horses patronizing people and yet they don't have the gall to reveal themselves. There should be an option to block them if possible. I don't care if they are regular known users.

• I know. Its so frustrating

• There is already something you can select to do that.

But I know sometimes anonymous users can be annoying or say something rude that's usually the reason why they do it...

But that's not always the case sometimes its do to embarrassment or other reasons. Just because they're anonymous doesn't mean that there reason is any less important helpful or meaningful as someones that isn't.

• I'm not talking about eliminating all of their opinions from my questions. I'm talking about certain ones that are dicks

• That is actually pretty smart you should recommend it to GAG. But until then try to ignore them or report them.

• It would be nice no.

• Do you mean block anonymous opinions, or do you mean when you a "Anonymous User", be able to click Block next to that?

• No I'm cool with like the ocassional anonymous user answering my questions. I want to block specific ones that are douchey to me because some anonymous users are ok and funny

• Yeah, we know you guys want that.
      We appreciate the suggestions, so keep them coming!

• No, we can not.