Mods, have you ever modded your own answer because you thought you were being offensive?

Just wondering if thats ever happened before, where they can admit they're wrong and mod their own answer or comment.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I haven't. I removed a comment of mine by mistake once on the old site because I was using a touch screen and accidentally hit the button. But other than that I've never removed anything of my own. Like TheoryOfAvarice said, we're discouraged from hiding our own posts anyway.

What Girls Said 7

• I only ever did this once. After I left the answer, I thought about it and later decided I shouldn't have said what I said (not that I have any clue what it was at this point, this was went I first became a Mod).

As Mods we're discouraged from abusing the ability to remove / hide our own posts.

• No, because I wouldn't write it in the first place. Even if I'm really annoyed at a user, I try to not call them names.
    I've only hidden my own answer once or twice, I think, since I became a mod. That was because I was commenting on the wrong answer, so the comment had nothing to do with the answer. I hid it as "nonsense" haha..

• I've never done it. I try to think very carefully about what I'm writing so that kind of thing doesn't need to happen.

• Ahaa, nope.

• mod what's that?

• What's a modd؟

• Mods don't have the ability to hide their own posts, but they are moderated just like any other G@Ger.

Also, the reason they were chosen to be Mods is because they are great G@Gers who don't antagonize or offend, who can express themselves clearly and kindly. They've proven themselves to be people who TRULY want to help others (^_^)

What Guys Said 3

• I said something once that I later when back and sent to the admin task force for deletion.

I was having a bad day and someone poked the bear.

But it wasn't anything excessive... just said "fuck off" in response to a stupid comment... but yes, it was wrong.

I should have just turned a cold shoulder.

...

Behind the mask we wear; mod or sudo mod; we're still just regular users for the most part. We started out here just like you are now.

• Nope.
    Have you read the FAQs regarding how moderators are being chosen?
    They've mentioned,"showing your ability to communicate CLEARLY, give sound advice, and offer VALUABLE information."
    So not any user can become a moderator.

And also I agree with TheoryOfAvarice , Moderators can't abuse their powers.
    Because the admins can track our success rate of Question/Opinion/comment removals.