Do you thank the Question Asker if they select your answer as Most Helpful? Do you reply to the User if they thank you for giving them Most Helpful?

I've made it a habit to always thank the Question Asker if they select my answer as Most Helpful. I'm aware that some people just select any answer as Most Helpful so that GirlsAskGuys will stop sending them those annoying messages (no offence) lol. But if someone actually took the time to consider all the answers they received and chose my one as Most Helpful then it would be common courtesy to thank them. Similarly, if someone thanked me for choosing their answer as Most Helpful then I would I would say "you're welcome" or "no problem" just out of politeness.

How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mostly do. The only time when I don't is when I'm the only answerer, so the QA doesn't need to choose anyway hahaha..
    But I sometimes don't reply after the MH thanked me. It depends on the answer. If it really was the most helpful, then I'd state that they deserved it. If it were just because I had to choose one and I picked the one with the longest answer (more effort given), then I don't reply. Unless I've talked with the user before, in that case it's always nice to say "you're welcome" or something.

What Girls Said 12

• Mommy and daddy have taught me to thank people for their nice words, gestures or actions towards me. They didn't advise me about "Most Helpful Opinion" on GAG, but I'm smart enough to know it's still on the list. So, yes, I do.

YAY ME! :D

• Yes. I always say thank you. It's just polite:)

• I usually try to say thank you. It doesn't happen often enough for me to be qualified to give a proper answer ;)
    I usually don't follow up the thank you. That just draws the conversation on, and you know how I hate long drawn out conversations leading to no where. Argh.

• I do believe I caught a whiff of it yesterday, yes.

• I'm not sure when that will happen, but I guess stranger things have.

• Next time you watch a credit card commercial or Disney movie, holla!

• Never thought about that. Usually, by the time I realize I've been selected MH days have past, so I never say anything. But you make a good point.

• Wow your are considerate; I never thought about that, but now I have to do the same as well.

• Haha. Hope I didn't force you into it.

• No you didn't I just can be inconsiderate at times, because I'm in my own world. Then think about it later and be like dam. I should have thanked them or something.

• I always thank them and when they thank me I respond with "you're welcome".

• I always try to say thank you:)

• Yeah, I comment back thanking them.

• yeah its sweet! good for you :)

• I always thank the question asker when my comment is selected MH as for replying not always.

• Yeah, I always do.

• I always thank someone for selecting mine as MH, absolutely.
    I genuinely appreciate being selected, so why not just SAY that, you know? ^_^
    I respond a lot too, most of the time MORE than the other person, haha!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, I always do..it's just nice, and maybe we can form a sort of alliance to answer each other's questions, since by definition we share some similar outlooks on life.

• I don't but you make a very good point and ill do it moving forward. Thanks