How many of you are professionally qualified to answer certain categories on GirlsAskGuys?

If you are professionally qualified, state which category you are professionally qualified to answer and how regularly you visit the site.

• I am professionally qualified to answer a category question on girls ask guys.
  • I want to see how many qualified professionals are on girls ask guys.
Okay.. So i hadn't realised the great variety of new topics that have been added or expanded into girls ask guys.. When i wrote the question my mind was on the old site categories of sex/ualality relationships dating flirting behaviour and other
Also, I just wanted to point out; I'm not trying to make people feel as if their opinions are of lesser value.
I respect every opinion.
I like all reactions to the question.
This question is only for curiosity purposes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had 15 years of professional IT experience, 4 years as a video producer, several years in food service, 10+ years as a DJ, 8 years as a satellite TV contractor/business owner, and I was a peer counsellor for 4 years.

Do any of those count as "professional qualifications"? I suppose that's for someone else to decide.

I imagine I've been here long enough that my history of answers speaks for itself, but regardless of any "official" qualifications, I don't expect everyone to agree with me or even respect my opinions. Even 3 psychologists trained and certified in the same program aren't going to agree on everything, because a lot of the questions here are very nuanced, because the data we're provided is always small and frequently incomplete, and because training and certification is often a (poor) substitute for actual experience and learning lessons the hard way.

If training and certifications were good enough, every MBA would go on to be a successful CEO, and every MD would have a successful medical career (and malpractice insurance would be a LOT cheaper). But the real world is very messy, irrational, and comes in many shades of grey, and that simply can't be covered adequately in a textbook or test.

I'm not suggesting that the FRAMEWORK such programs provide isn't valuable - it usually is (and more so in certain fields than others), but ask any first-year medical resident, who has earned the "doctor" title, if he feels fully prepared for what the next case will bring, and most will say "no, I need help from more experienced doctors all the time."

What Guys Said 43

• I can't read the mind of the owners of GaG, but it seems to me the entire purpose of this site is to get the views of *peers*. It's not meant to be a place to get answers from academia or some dry psychology book.

To me that's the appeal of this site. This site has a variety of regular people. Most sites, and most things you read on dating are written by pick-up artists, or people out playing the field. But that's not the average person.

This site seems to have more normal people, so their views are pertinent to normal people. That's very useful and fills a big gap in advice sites for dating, relationships and various other subjects.

Young people especially are trying to find their place in the world. There is always a part of them wondering if they are normal, if they fit it. This site gives them a chance to hear from normal people. Hearing from peers is not the same as hearing from a psychologist, because peers just seems more real.

So am I qualified to answer questions? Yes, because I'm just a normal person.

It's up to the asker to read people's answers and decide what to do with them. Hopefully they are honest with themselves and listen to all points of view, not just the ones they want to hear. I think it's the variety of answers from people with different backgrounds that's important.

I don't want to know what some university professor wrote in a book. I want to watch real people. I can feel their hurt, and feel their joy. I love when somebody in concerned and scared about a job interview, obviously important to them - then a couple weeks later they update and say they got the job. I can feel their victory and happiness. You just can't get that from an academic book.

• No one has a degree in comparing cultures..I've traveled abroad, taught in foreign universites, chased and caught women in several countries..so when questions about comparing cultural values come up, I'm not talking based on what some Hoolywood mogul portrayed in some movie..

• As often as I see questions on here, especially on health issues, I wonder about his, also. I doubt your poll will answer your question because most of the answers show that people on here do not understand the term "professionally qualified". Having "logic and common sense" does not professionally qualify someone. Having studied a subject in school, perhaps even getting a degree in that field doe not professionally qualify someone.

On the other hand, many people here are very professionally qualified in some area, and the combined professional knowledge is probably fantastic. Unfortunately, one can not tell if the people answering and commenting are qualified in any way.

But I like this question. Did learn some things about some of the people on here.

• You can't really be professionally qualified to answer questions regarding life and the world something like that has to come from actually living it and experiencing life and the world. And being in the kinds of situations that the people asking the questions are as for therapists all they are are trained listeners that's it. The best people to talk to are the ones who have actually experienced the kinds of things you have and made it through them or done them as you can actually relate through one another in a way no therapists or trained person could that's my two cents on the matter.

• I don't know, I chose A, but not quite sure how you meant it, for instance I was studying to be a pastor and studied apologetics and the Christian faith so I know enough to be knowledgeable about the Christian faith. I've been taking some psychology classes in college and am doing well in them...
    Then I get into the really questionable ones like "asking out" yeah I've asked girls out... "dancing and partying?" I party a lot, "workout" I workout a lot...

Basically I think that it isn't possible to really be a professional and most any of these categories...

• I have a degree in psychology and at one time was a public school counselor, so I suppose to some degree I am.

• Professionally certified to for Marriage and Family Therapy with an emphasis on communication in relationships.

I visit sometimes during free time at work; GAG is definitely a guilty pleasure for me.

• No I am not...

if I was "professionally" qualified. like held some degree. then I wouldn't be on this site and I'd be paid for my advice... but I think my un"professional" advice is still rather qualified

• I use to write a love/sex column with a female to make it balance. And we used to give advice to questions people sent in.

• While I'm not a "professional" or expert in any of these categories... no psychology degree or anything like that, but I do consider myself a very self-aware person and have enough general common sense and knowledge to where I can present information or my opinion in a way that could still potentially help someone... And that's all I try to do, give sensible answers.

• I can answer very much on politics, geopolitics, economy, finance , European principles of law because of my studies and job experience.
    Very much about sailing because I've been a sailing instructor.
    Very much about weapons because 'they' wanted to keep me in the army for 2 years.
    A lot on languages because my wife is a linguist.
    A lot on health because of my life experience

• I'm admin on a French site similar to Gag since 10 years, thus I'm used to answer the same kind of questions.

• Well, as my profile said before they completely screwed up the site here:
    I have a bachelor degree in biology, a master in psychology and theology and I'm already PhD in Military Science and History which I could do as part of my military service time. Right now I want to finish my studies in theology (with focus on philosophy) with a PhD as well, but that's still going to take a while.

• I come from the school of life.

• as a guy, i believe im professionally qualified to offer a guys opinion on just about anything :)

• Qualified in one area, marketing. Semi qualifies to answer questions about the healthcare system.

• I'm will soon be professionally qualified to answer anything related to computers, the internet, etc.

Though I'm already partially qualified as I hold an associate's status in computer science, I'm just aiming for a bachelor's degree.

• I'm interested in finding out what the purpose to this question is? What are you looking to understand from it?

• I'm just curious of how many people are qualified professionally to answer the specific category questions. To provide people with a source of finding the more qualified people on GAG if they wanted a more professional answer rather than/as well as, a bunch of perspective answers based on experience alone.

• Lol dude, it's everywhere just scroll through.. I'm abit older than you, and this is what I'm trained to read. Just take it as abit of advice from a older head.

Good question update, it's obvious you have good intentions.

• Whatever...

• Medical and psychological questions.

• I am studying engineering.. that makes me qualified for topics such as Internet, science and technology

• For centuries and centuries we have been confused and confused and thereby following our experts or leaders..Nothing comes out of their grinding, no conclusion is reached, no truth arrived at.Man lives in his age old misery and dread..

Something is basically wrong with their attitude.nor something is missing in our attitude..

• I got a PHD in Wumbology. I am a professional wumbologist, in fact, I know 1st Grade wumboing better than anyone else.

• ER doctor over here

• Lol, I would say most experienced in counseling. Professional is a stronger word than you think.
    I wouldn't call anyone a professional unless they study, experienced, help progress others with results, and has done it many times.

But as for my response. My best category I would say social friendships "in general"

• Im full of shit but I will act like Im not

• i know plenty of people who are " professionally qualified" but are completely useless at their jobs. ability to think for self far more important

• Well as a doctor phD in boobs I can assure u I am qualified to receive pics of boobs and rate them on a scale from 1-10. Ladies feel free to send me all of your cleavage pics

• I can comment professionally on Nutrition and some aspects of healthy weight loss.

• I am qualified to answer music questions, im a professional violinist.

• I am completely unqualified to answer any questions on anything. :D

• I am qualified because I am old and a wizard. Also, I am a computer engineer.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 23

• Health and Mental Health, I guess. I have several years of work and personal experience as an in-home caregiver for the elderly and disabled, but also as a caretaker for mental health issues. I'm not certified as a CNA just yet, but my last paid job of 3.5 years involved all of the same duties of a CNA, taking care of a completely dependent old woman with multiple complicated health issues. So I have the experience, just not the certification as of yet. Though I may still look into it, just for future job convenience. It would be easier to GET work and will pay better, and is just good to have under my belt for when/if I need it. CNAs are always needed somewhere, so it would open more doors.

• While I agree that many of the askers here would be better served with professional help, how many professionals have experienced the world through your eyes, and walking in your shoes? How many professionals can say truthfully that they know *exactly* what you're going through/how you feel? The point of this site is to connect with others who have been there, and lived through it.

• I've had professionals give relatives of mine disasterous advice, which they followed to horrorifying results. Not saying all pro's are bad, but I think you're onto something here in your answer. The asker would do well to observe it.

• People claim to professionals on here all the time when they're not, and IRL professionals often get drawn in by the monotony of repetition and forget to engage in the individual details. That's when malpractice and misdiagnosis occurs. And in the case of my grandmother, the credentials are out of date because the Dr isn't trained in the most current procedures.

• I am a certified personal trainer and teach group exercise classes so I feel that I am strongly qualified to answer fitness related questions and basic nutrition questions. I have my master degree in social work and am qualified to answer some very basic questions on relationships/family issues since I worked as a family counselor for 2 and half years. I also have life skills and have common sense.

currently I am on this site a few times a day.

• I'm fabulous with a coffee machine? (I'm a barista)
    No I'm not qualified however I've been through counselling a few times and learnt some stuff there.
    I used to work in Business Admin. Aside from that nothing professional but a lot of life experience. Been through more than my fair share!

• Medically qualified. I try to visit daily, but that varies a lot depending on my life demands from day to day...

• I am professionally qualified because I have a heck of a lot more common sense and logic than most people these days.

• The number of people that lack common sense and logic these days blows my mind. Two of the most important traits a person can have and unfortunately they can't really be taught.

• I'm doing my masters in mental health counseling...so I'm not certified yet, but I like to visit this site as practice...I also have a nutrition background from college and worked in the field, and went to med school for a bit (before I decided it wasn't for me and withdrew) so I like giving advice about health

• Trained for 3 years in Sexuall Health & Nursing so I know some stuff I guess.

• When it comes to being qualified to answer questions for any category on GAGwe areall qualified to share are opion.

But as for your question professionally no.

• I would say I'm professionally qualified to answer some questions in the Automotive field.

• I have a bachelor's degree in psychology but the job I have has absolutely nothing to do with my degree. Lol so no.

• Well in the Health, social etc type of sections I'm qualified since the course I did and still am studying and hopefully will get a degree in covers a wide range of stuff.

As for other areas its common knowledge you don't always have to be qualified to give advice. Our parents/friends etc give us advice are they qualified to do so - not really. Yet most of the time its good advice which benefits you

• I have a concentration in psych and I am a sexuality expert !!! Oh and I'm professionally qualified to answer anything on the food and beverage category too

• What does Nutella taste good on? Trick question, Nutella taste good on everything

• What occupation or degree make a person a sexuality expert?

• Many years of my own personal experience 90% of men I've slept with come back like hoes

• Mental health & the Behaviours.
    I probably look at questions once every 3 days.

• I usually just say what I think about something or how I would respond in some situations. Or just trying to give the best advice I can :)
    I wouldn't really call myself professionaly qualified though...

• I respect every opinion.
    I like all reactions to the question.

• Topics like psychology, family stuff, hair and skin care, nutrition, money budgeting and health issues are my favourites to answer.

• If the question is about history, mechanical enginnering, or firefighting, than yes, I'm professionally qualified.

• I am legally considered a woman, so...

• I'm qualified in legal, historical, writing and child-related areas.

So basically no.

• I'm studying psychology so behaviors and relationships i am good at answering. I love helping people

• Nope. Everything is from my own personal experiences.

• try to be! i like to help