What the hell just happened? 305 MHs in a few minutes?

Is this a glitch or does anyone else got tons of notifications from their opinions?

I got 306 notifications, stating that I got MHs... 305 fucking MHs! This is waaaaay oo good to be true...

Anyone else have the same thing going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• No glitch ^_^

From now on, if you DO NOT select a Most Helpful opinion on your question, the system will choose one based on engagement for you after 15 days.
    Neither the QA nor the person awarded MH will get the usual Xper points for MH.
    It's chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria.
    As long as you're giving helpful opinions, we'll find them!

We encourage everyone to remember to select a MH opinion within 15 days so that YOU and the user who shared can get the Xper points for selecting and being chosen!

For reference, you can always check out our FAQ http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

I hope that clarifies things for you!

• Read my answer. I was the only one who got it right! Hahaha!

• I'm the person you SHOULD be saying it to, so it's all good (^_^)

• Ah my feedback's in the comment to my opinion alright with your kind & thoughtful gesture of putting it as a comment on my opinion I got to read it and revert :)

Thought I'd thank you here too so that you get an update ;) :D

What Guys Said 14

• I think they just got re-indexed and you were seeing a ton of old ones pop up. It just means that people are working on the site.

• No, I literally got more MHs. Check out your percentage and the amount of your MH opinions. Mine has increaed 10%

• oh you're THAT good hahaha!

• From now on, if you DO NOT select a Most Helpful opinion on your question, the system will choose one based on engagement for you after 15 days.

I hope that clarifies things for you!

• Though I really hope it's true for all of you I'm inclined to agree with @DanteSparda OR it's a tech glitch.

I'm so far safe from this lol :D

• Thank you for the young lady :) but oops that's not the right way to go according to me :D

Why don't you do things like not letting the QA ask further questions than be unilateral in the decision.

Upvotes and stuff depend on people's perception and lots of times people don't even bother voting the answers

With all due appreciation to the GAG team's efforts all the while in many things (including your effort & eye for detail in posting this comment on my opinion), there are questions that are over a year old that I answer at times and I get MH for it. Not that I answer for an MH, I do even if one's chosen already but the QA may want to award an MH after a while, I've known people to do it even after months. This may be good as a jolt but I think even after the system has selected a MH, the asker should have the right to change it to the one they choose :)

For your consideration :)

• Oh by the way I forgot to mention, those like me who are on side of the timeline where there are minimal users get less networked too lol

• April fool prank probably :P :P

• Yeah this shit happened to me too!!! IT gave MH to a lot of my questions I haven't given them too either... WHAT IS GOING ON?

• I got like almost 500.. Plus my MH rating is like 13% now...

• by the way RedThread, this is the first time I've seen you write "shit" haha...

• Ahh I'm so impure! ;)

• So you are in the Guiness book for winning the largest amount of Xper points in the shortest time ever! If you want it or not, you're famous Daph!
    Didn't you realize what happened? The millenium bug hit you with 14 years delay :-)

• I noticed that thanks to alle these most helpful answers, you're now a "guru". You're a doctor in the GAG'ology. Congratulations :-)

• Haha that has nothing to do with all the MHs, because I didn't get any xpers from them.. Not that Guru matters to me, I don't care about such rankings

• MH is an imperfect phrase. Not all my questions are asking for help. BA made far more sense and because of that, I often don't mark MH whereas I would have thought about it if it was BA.

• I hope this isn't a glitch, I just 12 most helpful's, and kinda commented "Thanks for Most Helpful." Now people are going to think I'm weird/crazy.

• haha don't worry, you are not alone.

• Mine says 5%, how could I be so dumb not check my summery.

• lol well arnt you a admin? lets fix it!!

but for real, i haven't getto that glitch...only if tho lol

• i got 131 and they are all related to me giving out best answers :o

• Yeah i keep seeing people getting MH on my questions when i didn't select anyone at all. something weird is going on o.O

• Damn I only got 7.

• Same here, what is happening!

• Well don't you have any control over the site, your bosses ought to know right?

• The truth is that the system tells every one to give a most helpful option as an almost daily recommendation that's what I've observed at least

• Yes I'm a moderator, but the only thing mods can do that you can't are hide posts instead of reporting them, and temporarily freeze accounts for ├╝ber mods.

I'm guessing the admins are the only ones with access to the servers. And they aren't easy to find haha

• Dammit! You and that other dude bragging about hundreds of best answers and i only got 16-WHAT A FUCKING SCAM. BURN THE WEBSITE DOWN IMMEDIATELY!

• lol it's probably because you haven't been longer for as long as us. Plus, the shock came upon seeing the numbers. (How long am I going to need to clear all the notifications?)

• I was here longer than all of you with my old account, but i retired it.

What Girls Said 9

• I just noticed this! lol

It's not a glitch by the way. It's intentional, done by the admins. Why? Go check your old questions (the ones you asked before the update) which you didn't select a Best Answer for. You'll now see that the Most Helpful has been selected for you by the admins. So, now, ALL our old questions have Most Helpful Opinions.

That's why we all received more and more Most Helpful Opinions from the old questions (before update). I don't know if the admins employed a random selection process or they did it one by one (doesn't make sense, huh?). Maybe they selected the answer that has the more upvotes, number of words, comments, etc...

Thought of sharing this. :) What's awesome is if we received more Xper points! Hahaha!

• Lol same thing happened to me. Mine is showing 660 MHs. Haha! I just messaged Sparrow about it. It must be some sort of glitch.

• Now that I think of it, maybe it was automatically given to answerers with the most upvotes?

• I'm one of these people thanking.

• In the future, you'll only be notified if the QA actually selected yours MH.
      If the system does it, you won't receive the notification, so you won't know to even say thank you, haha!

• I'm not certain but I recon they've maybe just changed old BA's into most helpfuls.
    Cuz I've just got like 500 come through.

• but the questions are from the new GAG..

• I had a couple form the new site but the rest where from the old site.

• I got 1049...0_o

• way to rub it in :P

• oh yeah. Not mostly, but all are gone.

• The same thing happened to me too !!!

• Happened to me too !

• I hope you didn't thank people for most helpful.

• I got 12 most helpful's, and replied to every one, thanks for most helpful, if it's a glitch or April fools joke every one is going to think WTF's with this guy.

• I know, crazzyy just got almost 300. What's going on?

• I wonder if my points will explode too lol.

• Hahaha so true, (but will keep and eye on the points tomorrow for a potential amazon gift card spree)

• Neither the QA nor the person awarded MH will get the usual Xper points for MH.

• I'm kinda pissed, I didn't get any more today >:(

• Oh u lucky people. Mh me