Are your posts blocked by anyone?

I just noticed someone else blocked me, it's getting a little annoying, and I really wonder why that's even allowed on a website where people ask for opinions. I'm blocked by certain people that I don't even remember ever saying anything to.

Like this one guy was asking for people to honestly say what they thought about his looks and I said he was old and ugly, but I wasn't even mean about it. I mean, he asked.

Anyone else here? Your thoughts?

The ugly guy posted that Venus question I'm pretty sure and being sensitive and annoying to everyone who answers and I can't tell him how annoying he is and it's making my day a little worse I have to say

Most Helpful Girl

• We allow G@Gers to block others because we want everyone to be as comfortable as possible while using the site.
    This is YOUR G@G experience, and you should be able to choose who you want to talk to and who you don't.

We don't want anyone being harassed or antagonized, and sometimes, people simply don't want the opinions of someone they know won't help them.

When being harassed or antagonized, we encourage you guys to block the member and report them to us, so that we can keep G@G fun.
    People don't come here to be insulted or picked on, they come here for advice and help, and to help others ^_^

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 13

• yep and i dont even know why as i wasn't rude or offensive to that person haha, probably disagreed with my answers. i only have one person blocked because they are so condescending and rude if you dont agree with them when its not even their question and im not even talking to them that theyll comment on your answers with utter crap and won't stop because they need the last word to feel superior

• In the new GAG, not that I know of.

The blocking tool is necessary because there might be bullies, and the blocking tool would keep them away from us. Besides, there are users here who say "I tell them my honest opinion", when in fact they're just putting people down. They don't need to, but they do that anyway.

This is the internet, but nobody likes an unwanted jerk commenting on your anwer just to put you down or telling you you're dumb or whatever.

Besides, I think being honest doesn't mean you can't be nice too.

Saying "you're not that attractive. Maybe if you do this and that, you'd look better" is WAY better and would help the QA more than saying "you're ugly."

This is, after all, an advice site. Not a judging site.

• Well I find it to be a good representation of reality. Even if someone is a bully on here, it's an expression of what part of the population will actually think in response to whatever was asked. Now I was actually constructive in what I said to the ugly guy, but even if I had just said You're fat and ugly and old then that still would have been a perfectly valid opinion as far as I'm concerned. There's horrendous comments here that are misogynistic or racist to the bone, and while it's awful to think that such people exist, it's reality. Fortunately there's a good balance of comments usually and the asker can get a valid consensus.

Really there are 'gurus' and 'masters' here who have left comments that I've found a lot more potentially damaging than whatever troll.

But yeah I understand your position.

• I agree. We were sorta playing with fire there anyway.. haha I'm not going to be one of those people who yells bloody murder when they get their posts removed.

• I block people who do things that are offensive - but not offensive enough to qualify their answers getting deleted. An example of this is if somebody asks you what they think of homeless people and the answer is "I like to make fun of them." They can't get reported for that kind of answer but it's an answer that needs some type of justice.

• I'm blocked by this one guy, I remember interacting with him once.

I know I annoyed him, but I didn't think it went anywhere near "block" far..

now that I'm blocked by him, I'm always seeing answers and questions from him that I want to comment on (mostly in a good way)

But.. alas.. I cannot.

• Yeah by this one girl that said something rude to me so I faught back but she didn't have any good comebacks and got annoyed and blocked me. Lol

I would've posted the link but I'm guessing someone was so offended they reported it and now the question is gone.

• No clue but some guy blocked me because I said pubic hair was gross

• No I have not been. I do think you should block someone who is bothering you but not just because of one comment or post unless it made you uncomfortable.

• After they redid the site, I can't tell anymore, I just answer their question and move on, but I answered a question asked by a user that blocked me in the old GaG and it went through with no problem

• I only know I'm blocked by one guy here that I never even talked to before.

• I was blocked by one guy on the old site haven't run across him here so who knows?

• i haven't come across that yet (on the new version) but i can understand why it can be necessary.

• Oooohhh I don't know. I kinda hope so. That would mean I have been honest.

• Yeah it's kinda fun in a way. It's sort of like having a secret admirer...but the opposite.

What Guys Said 11

• Just one that I know of. He always was giving antagonistic/smart ass comments to people here. In particular the guys. So I gave a couple right back to him written like he writes. He didn't like it, so he blocked me.

But he was banned shortly after that. Of course he was right back here in less than 2 minutes with a slight variation of his user name. And blocked me again. LOL!!

• Haha, yeah I've got a few. I always try to be nice with my posts, but I guess a couple people weren't fans.

• I always find you nice...why would anyone block you?

• Well thank you! Yeah, I don't know what happened. I guess I just had an opinion that someone didn't want to hear, regardless of how nice I was about it. Can't please everyone, right?

• I don't know, I don't get on this site often enough to really notice or bother about it.

• Maybe so but I don't know if they did. How could you tell?

• the website should have a right to allow you to block people...simple

• How can you tell if someone has blocked you is there a list or something?

• You can't answer or comment on one of his questions, even anonymously.

• You try to submit it and it stops you from doing it, saying the user has blocked you.

• You also can't share an opinion or comment on someone's post if you blocked THEM... you're blocked back.

• Yeah someone blocked me and I never even talked to him.

• Some idiots abuse the system and block those whose answers they don't like. It's the internet and there are a lot of weirdos on the net. Haters will hate.