Users who give shitty answers just to be the first one to give an opinion?

Have you ever encountered these types?

Their answers are not well thought at all, and they are often the first user to post an opinion. Going after the extra xpers, obviously.

How do you feel about these kind of users? And what do you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you notice a trend of someone obviously TRYING to be unhelpful, please let us know.
    We do want opinions to be helpful, or at least insightful, and when you notice someone is NEVER helpful, please report that user and let us know. We always discourage trolling and sometimes you see things before we can.

• well not NEVER helpful, because they also often post answers on mundane questions. But I'd say quite often.

• Right. But it's usually pretty obvious when someone is just trolling for Xpers and we admins can't be everywhere all the time, so we appreciate the help you G@Gers give us ^_^

What Guys Said 8

• Actually I think that's what their answers really are, regardless if it's to get a 1st post or not. Because a lot of people comment on some of my questions with absolutely nonsense one-liners EVEN THOUGH someone has already answered first.

• yeah there are always people like that. But when they're constantly on the top xper list, and they often give shitty answers just to be fast enougb to be the first, then you gotta wonder...

• Heh, it is quite interesting just what they could come up with sometimes.

• I've never noticed this but I guess they're just really XP hungry. I don't mind getting XP and all but am not desperate enough to throw in garbage just for it.

• these users are always in the "top xpers" list. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• You can definitely suggest it. It's a new feature to the site I think actually.

• I know sparrow24 already answered but the best thing to do is to report the answer. That way an admin will see and review the answer and take action. I know it stinks when an answer does not help but taking action will hopefully prevent repeat offenders.

• I AGREE, thank you for posting!
    I suggested a Wish List fro GAG to post instead the User's percentage of helpful answers as a better gauge.

• I am indifferent as I don't really care about Xper and if other people feel that getting the extra is worth doing something like that, then they can feel free to do so.

• Its really annoying, irritating, vexing and not to mention down right rude, and I probably won't do it anymore, at least for awhile.

• I have never met one.

What Girls Said 6

• It really irritates me. Even when they aren't first, why bother answering if you aren't going to try and be helpful?
    It's a waste of everyone's time.
    I'm especially annoyed right now about it. There is one user that has been doing it non-stop for the past few days, and 80% of his answers are pure nonsense. If his account isn't going to be banned, I would really like to hide him altogether lol

• Is he also in this page? If yes, I may know who you mean.

You can block him, and then on your profile settings, check the box that says "don't show activity from blocked users" or something like that.

• No he hasn't answered this question. I have blocked him and hidden him from my feed, but I still can see his opinions on questions that I answer.

• oh yea you can't do anything about that

• Any useless answers are annoying and I just flag them as nonsense. Doesn't matter if they were first or not.

• I agree. But it gets even more annoying when you've written a well written answer with the hopes of maybe getting that extra 3 xper, only to find out someone has posted earlier than you, but with a shittier answer.

• lol, he doesn't even have that account anymore. I think he cancelled it.

• I think he got banned. lol Before the site update. He blocked half the GAG members..lol

• I think everyone is guilty of it

• some certain users more than others, don't you think?

• Damn it ! Thats just you

• lol!

• I dont care, Im guilty of doing it sometimes.

• but not so much that it puts you on the top xper list =)

• Guilty of this at least a few times. My apologies! I was just sick of being at level 3, it was really ruining my self-esteem.

• there's nothing wrong with being on level 3 =)

• Who cares it's all for the points.

• exactly. that's the annoying part. This is not a point collection site. This is an advice site.