Since you've started using this site, what are some things you've learned?

I've learned there are a lot more unhappy and confused people than I thought. That guys have a surprising depth of emotion and that a lot of girls have a surpring lack of. A lot of preconceived notions I had have been changed. Maybe most importantly: that the pain I feel is shared by many others.

Most Helpful Guy

• What I have learned about women. I had gotten so much bad advise from women, that I had no idea what to do. I was taught they were all sunshine and rainbows. That all women cared about was finding a guy that would treat them well. Turns out they are just as shallow as us, except they aren't honest with men about what they really like in a man. I am still not sure if women understand it themselves, or if they are afraid of being judged for being honest about what they want.

What I have learned about men. I learned that most men have the same emotions I have, but won't admit it, because he will be made fun of and ridiculed for having emotions, by both men and women.

Neither gender feels free to be themselves and this has created mass confusion as to what the other gender is like. There are differences, but we are more alike than most people seem to believe.

• I've found that out in real life before I got here, but that lesson has definitely been reinforced here.

What Girls Said 10

• I have made a lot of (sunjective, of course) observations on this site, ever since I had joined. I'll sum it up.

Negative:

- Sexism (towards either gender) is alive an well, and most people are blind to it and even say it's a thing of the past, while it constantly happens right here on this very site.

- Generalizing a whole gender is considered an acceptable opinion worth being taken serious, which I think is a sign of stupidity in people.

- More and more people are falling for (or choosing) selfish, neo-liberal ideologies, and become more and more cold-hearted, which I find alarming.

- Young people are way more conservative nnd less open-minded (in certain issues) now then they were in past generations.

- a lot of people are extremely misinformed about most sexual issues and lack proper general sexual knowledge, shockingly especially adult people.

- There are way too many conspiracy-theorists.

---

Positive:

- a lot of people are very sceptical towards religion and blind faith in deities and rely on rationalism.

- The majority of people is supportive of LGBT-rights.

- Celebrities are uninteresting to most people.

---
    ---

Keep in mind, this is only what I have observed on here. It's a bit different out there. Some things are not as bad out there, other things are even worse.

• Since you've started using this site, what are some things you've learned?
    That my opinions about males is generally validated and that none of my preconceived notions have been changed rather they've been vastly supported.

Not supported in agreed by with others but supported as in how I think and others reacting/behaving the way I think. Such as I state X and while most/many may disagree the actions of most are what I stated. So it seems more like uncomfortable/disliked 'truths'.

• I learn there are more fucked up relationships and people having problems with their life. I also learn that relationships are not the same anymore as I though it would be.

• I've learned that MY life isn't half bad. After reading a lot of odd and crazy things here, I'm happy with who I am and what I have achieved. I'm happy that I am no where near as insecure as a lot of what I see here. I'm also grateful that I have a greater perspective on life than a lot of what is displayed here.

• Anon users are too funny.

• 1) Guys make it very obvious when they like someone
    2) Girls really do over think - I'm not the only one
    3) People really appreciate you just being straight up honest with them
    4) Different signs that a guy might be a player
    5) There's more but we'd be here forever if I continued :)

• I've learned that there are a lot of people out there that have the same insecurities as me, a lot of people have some really great insight into other peoples problems/questions, and I am not the only one with a lot of time on my hands.

• I've learned we are all trying to figure out the opposite sex and none of us really knows what we are doing. We are all winging it.

• How to quickly offend people.

• That most men are just as shallow as I thought and that most of them care more about getting a boner/orgasm than the feelings of even those they love most.

What Guys Said 4

• I think I've learned that it is more common for girls to be insecure than I thought. Very pretty girls too, I guess I didn't realize that. I knew it was out there but its more that I thought. There are some people that are very wise and understand things deeper than I expected and its nice to hear insight from a few people I have come to like and think highly of. I think this is a great site to help guys understand girls better and vise-versa. I think if everyone came on this site once in a while and asked/answered questions, the dating world would be a better one with more understanding and compassion for people of the opposite sex of you. What the asker said to, I diddo that.

• i agree mainly with what you say but also that there is still that 10% of little trolls everywhere you go!

• Gotta say when i first used this site wayyy back in 2008 it did open my mind up more to how women really think. i was pretty clueless at that time.

Now its just more about getting the confidence in myself

• i'm a beast and trolling people and hitting on Asian girls