Why do people ask/answer things anonymously?

I mean we have no idea who you are based on your screen name anyway? Also, why be ashamed or embarassed? Just ask or answer and move on. I highly doubt people are going to judge you. It just bugs me is all

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people post anonymously to avoid drama with G@Gers they may have had issues with before. From what I'm told, that's the most common reason someone would ALWAYS post anonymously.

• makes sense. i thought it was just more like being embarassed which didn't make sense to me since we are hidden by our names anyway lol

• It's embarrassment for some, I'm sure... but what I hear the most is that they're just trying to avoid other members.
      Thanks for MH ^_^

What Guys Said 2

• Why not add extra anonymity if someone wants to?

If someone posted a very witty / insightful answer and is anonymous , just comment their answer and ask them to message you or follow you...if u want to meet that person.

Plus people do get harassed by other users on this site for various reasons in regards to their posts...so it's all precaution.

• They are not comfortable exposing themselves online.
    Concerned someone might recognize them.
    Uncomfortable info required in the Q or A.
    What they're asking/saying is not true. They just want xper.

What Girls Said 2

• Either to annoy people anonymously or to avoid being annoyed by others

• to avoid sabotage