What do you think of the xper reduction on giving opinions?

I've just noticed that we now don't get as much xpers for these things anymore:
- Share your opinion on a question +2
- You shared your opinion within 15 minutes after the question's asked +2
- Your opinion is the first opinion from your gender +1
- Share your opinion on a Featured Question +1

It used to be +3 for answering, +3 for answering a featured question, and +3 for being the first of your gender to answer a question. I'm not so sure about answering a question within 15 minutes.

I understand some of the reasons they're lowering the xpers on these activities, but I don't understand why they would lower the xpers for giving out opinions. It's even lower now than before the update, we used to get +3, now we only get +2.

What do you think GAGers? Could you maybe understand why they decided to do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like the "first to answer" nonsense because even I am noticing my questions getting instant nonsense answers that are like one short sentence with no actual helpfulness on the topics.

The ratios I don't mind. I don't really look at my XP much unless I feel I may be able to redeem a gift card.

• Yes to the first to answer thing. If you think the first answer is not helpful at all, you can report them as nonsense. And that's why I can understand that 3 extra points is too much and encourages the nonsense answers.

• Yea I just got another one.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't really care that much. If people are spending time here just to accumulate Xper points for gift cards, then I'd say that's a pretty inefficient use of their time. How much time is worth a $20 Amazon gift card, ya know?

I just see the Xper and rewards as a nice side-benefit, and I still haven't even cashed any of mine in.

All of that said, I can see why people don't like. People always want more, not less. :)

• Probably to reduce the amount of XPER people can gather up, so that they don't need to give out as many rewards as before. It's a shame, because it also makes it harder to level up... it's been a while since I was level 10.

• I agree entirely: on a site intended to get answers to questions, the last thing you should do is discourage answering by bringing the points down.
    No matter what the intention was, don't think it was a wise decision.

• It's a business move...either accept this or some of the prizes will be taken off of eligibility altogether.

Many people forget that this website is a business and has to function as such.

• It was a great idea for crowd control. After all it discourages spamming because XP farming (wtfMMO?) is nigh impossible now.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't like it :(

• I never even noticed and I think they should change it back.

• They slipped that one in rather quietly didn't they?

• That's really lame...like Meson said, it's likely so they don't have to give out as many gift cards -__-

• We did make some changes regarding Xper point earning/losing.
    Not everything went down though, some actually increased... so I'd encourage everyone to go to the Xper tab of our FAQ and check it out to learn how to climb the Xper levels ^_^

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper