Is anyone else hating the new follow/follower system?

New follow/follower is driving me nuts.

Just recently realized it doesn't tell me when I have new followers. So I went and tried to follow most back before giving up because you can't follow people with a private profile.

Anyone like anything about the change from how friends used to work?

Most Helpful Girl

• We're actually currently working on a solution for this issue ^_^

More and more updates are coming based on what we hear (well, see) from you guys, so keep it coming - we appreciate it!

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 10

• It's really silly. It could at least give you notifications or make it so if a person with a private profile is following you, you may follow them back.

• No it's annoying as hell. I want to go back to friend request. I miss everything I like the old version better than the new one

• i didn't know i had a private profile. apparently people can't message me until i follow them. i was informed of this by a few.

• Follow & Follower sounds like a stalker to me give me the old friends back.

• I hate it too they should change it back.

• Yes, and there have been several complain-posts regarding this in the past few days, so I think the admins should be taking it serious and do something about it.

• I am neither here nor there since I don't chat with people on here anyway.

• I like the old layout better. They should have a request posted if they want to follow someone.

• I like the new system. I don't want pervs tracking every my answers.

• I don't like being analysed.

• No I mean how does the new system make it any harder for them to stalk you? In the old one they could have sent a friend request and you'd say no.

• yes for the friendslist, but anyone could follow me unless i'd block them.

Well i can make my profile private so they can't follow me. You could n't do this in the old layout.

• I'm indifferent to this change.

What Guys Said 4

• First, I disliked the whole idea of "Friends". I find some peoples questions and/or opinions to be interesting and valuable. But I do not need to be "friends" who says interesting things. That sounded so social networking, which is what many on here use it for. The new system of "follows" make sense. You can follow a topic, follow a question, follow a person. I use it for all of these at times.

That said, a lot of things are still confusing or not settled. Like not being able to follow someone who is following you, but is private. How can one follow them, even if they want you to. For that matter, you cannot message a person to request to follow them if they have set their privacy to allow only messages from people they follow.

I have never set my settings to private. If things should not be available on here, I just do not put them in my profile. I also allow messages. I understand that some people have abused that with others and so many, especially girls, set more privacy. But I have an open policy of messaging. If someone wants to communicate with me, they can message me. I don't pass on anything that is in the messages to anyone else (including not on questions/opinions). And there are times I may wish to say something to someone without everyone seeing it, but if they have blocked messages I can not do it that way. (Some things a person says may be construed as offensive by some and I may wish to pass that back without sounding judgmental or inviting others to jump on it. And other things come up where it is best not to make things public.)

I have few followers, because I do not treat it as a social network. But I do not feel any need to "screen" followers. As long as no one is misusing that and being abusive, every thing is fine. Screw with it and I can block you. Works fine

So I actually like the new system, but see needs for tweaking.

• The worst thing is the private profile limitation. Basically you can't keep track of others' activity without "friending" them, and people can be friended only if all of their data can be seen publically. I think it was a terrible choice, and the same goes for the ridiculously bright blinding color scheme.

• idc, i only have 8 followers (7 female fo sure!) and i'm trying to build a big harem... HAHAHAHAHHAHH!!!

• Someone was busy popping em veins out.