Why is this website so bright? it's blinding!?

I just can't get over how everything is so white. I have my monitor on 20% brightness to begin with, and it's still nearly blinding - the vote buttons are nearly invisible! I wish the website had a dark theme that looks pretty much the color scheme of the "QUESTIONS" drop-down list. That thing is beautiful.

The same thing happened on the Bioware Social Network. People stopped using the website because it was too white. Now they have a kickass Dark Theme for the forums. I hope this site will learn from it.

Actually I realized I was being silly because I have an extension in Chrome called "Hacker Vision" which inverts the color scheme of the website and now I can enjoy everything again without my eyes burning out. Yay :)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Good that you solved it. But I also wanted to add that if your room is dark, you should probably turn on a light or two. That way the screen won't strain your eyes from having to stare at the only light source. :P
    And GaG does look cool with "hacker vision"!

• Yeah, background lights go without saying. It really strains the eyes to be staring into an LCD monitor in the dark.

• 0|0
    • We actually used to have a similar filter for the CRT monitor, but that was ages ago, and we don't have it anymore, also I'm pretty sure that was smaller in width than my current monitor.

• If you think it's bright now you should have been here on the day of the updates. It was blinding like looking into the sun.

• Isn't it still the same? It still feels the same, that's for sure.

• It's a Chrome extension.

• Thanks I'll have to look.

• Adjust your screen brightness.

• You could change it through the setting on your computer.

• i have my brightness way down too but maybe i'm just used to it.

• sunglasses, my friend.

• Its all a part of the new changes around here.

• I can't tell if I just dislike change, or I just dislike what it changed into, haha.

• Lol are you on something? xD

What Guys Said 3