Do you care what strangers really think here?

As it's people one doesn't know, why do people care about what strangers say here?

It makes me laugh since most strangers here expect almost immediate friendship, when this isn't the norm in the real world.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd love to say that I don't care, but I really do.
    I'm not sure why I care so much, I actually care about what strangers think MORE than my family or those closer to me... it's weird.
    I don't mind if they made incorrect assumptions about me, necessarily... but I do care if they hate me. While it doesn't destroy me or anything, it does bother me when someone dislikes/hates me, especially when I can't figure out why. It's confusing and makes me doubt everything about myself, I take it all on when in reality, it may actually have nothing to do with me.
    I'm working on it and I am better than I used to be... but still working, haha!

• Do you think anyone here hates/dislikes you? The impression I get off this site is that people are quite judgmental, which I suppose is reflective of humanity.

• I like you sparrow, you're the one of the nicest people heeeere!

• Thank you, you're sweet (^_^)

What Girls Said 9

• Personally, I do care what others think about me. But its not like im going to die if its something bad.

We care what others think about us regardless... It's just a natural since or extra emotion that we all have. Some care more than others, as well as some hide their emotions better than others.
    Regardless of whether we actually know them or not.

As for making friends on GAG what's wrong with it? Speaking to people we like, have things in common with, friendly, etc. I know we'll never meet but you can still be friends with them. That's like saying why do people have any social networking site, Especially Twitter just about no one knows each other or even talks much especially when it comes to the stars. So why tweet?

• To connect. is or should there be any other reason?

• So explain to how I judged you and what I said. BEFORE you judged me?

All I did was answer/state my opinion which you asked all of the GAGers to do.

I didn't say one rude thing to you until then... All I said was I use the word friend a lot and you said you prefer not to, and I agreed that that that's probably not the best word to do so I said acquaintance.

And out of no where you begin to judge... Just like you said YOU don't know me.

And you don't want to make friends on GAG and I can respect that, because you're certainly not one of mine.

Goodbye and have a good day.

• lol.. whatever.. it's funny since I don't think you're as socially adjusted as you project.

• When I first joined in, I don't really care. I only care so much to make sure I'm not rude or behave in an obnoxious way and insult people who don't deserve it. To say it shortly, my limit was : don't do something I wouldn't want other people to do to me.

But since I became a mod, I have to care more. Because I can't abuse my privileges, and I also wouldn't want people to know some of my deepest darkest secret. I'm no longer 1 in 5 million female users on GAG, but I've been here long enough and have talked to some people as well, and that makes me care what they think of me. I can't act like a jerk. Not that I ever wanted to, anyway.

• I just realised how people might interpret this lol
      I'm not saying I'm popular or anything, but I'm also no longer invisible or completely anonymous either.

• Hey daph, I'm thinking about studying abroad in germany and was wondering if people were really as cold and unfriendly as I've been told, because I'm not white (I'm arabic) and I'm learning german so..

• Compared to americans or Spanish people, yes, people over here tend to be cold and untrusting towards strangers. But you shouldn't let that hinder you from learning German or studying here!

• I care this is why I am here. But it doesn't mean that I do what they say.
    I listen like in real life, if sth is worth to go, ok I am in. It is good to listen different opinions, finally it is your life your own way.
    Beside, I met different people here, this makes me happy. I see very prejudiced people, on the other side I see beautiful minded people, which is worth to hang out here ;)

• No, a lot of them here spends too much time here and develop a sensitivity when it comes to rejection.

• Only young people and lonely hearts do. :0. I'm not into making friends here so i don't care. I'm not a social recluse in real life :E

• Well, I don't usually believe what people tell me, but I like hearing what they have to say I guess. But you have a pretty good point

• I don't care what strangers think of me but i do like to impress society with my best look.

• Not really. Like in real life we can't please everyone

• OK, but I thought your childhood mystic guru said different. Don't most Chinese have these?

• First post? Which one? I know not all will like me.:)

• er..I'm not interested in conversation. lol.. look, stop trying to be my friend when you say you're adept and you don't get how humans behave. lol..

Kindly go now, I don't care again.

• I try not to care.

What Guys Said 9

• Not really, I respect their opinion but that does not mean I am going to accept them. I think what is more important is that when we receive a really negative opinion, we should take a step back and think about it instead of being affected by the opinion because the person who posted that opinion may be in a bad mood hence the negative opinion.

• Who says we even need to respect their opinions? They're not people of consequence, hence being strangers.

• Of course you don't have to, but if so then why do you post questions here, with the intention of being answered by 'strangers'

• just for fun. posting doesn't denote respect. i don't see how it can.

• I care way too much what people think in general. I think it's why I always wear a mask. People like the me that mimics human behavior ;)

• its not about friendship or whatever..

its just that we are unsure about a situation that we are currently going through and need advice from people..

its about wanting to know how other people who went through the same thing were able to cope with it!

but in the end its all up to the asker to decide what to do!

some do get the advice or answer they're lookin for while others dont..

and from what I've read this far, many guys here are very considerate while giving out answers!

• I think some people can't get along with critism so in fact I think they have no need to be on this site. I take all opinions in care and stay cool when someone reacts frustrated, thats something I have to get along all day. just stay calm cause in real life some people don't like to get critism but in real life they can't block you :)

• so you like being harsh to people...OK. No, I agree criticism is part of life.

• OK, so you accept people belittling you?

• that kind of makes my (real) personality. some people just have a bad day or so, I don't react emotional when they do. I try to find out why they do so, and sometimes they stop cause they change minds as hurting someone that don't hurt them can make the person feel bad. I can keep my emotional stage really deep without breaking into pieces. I will work with acceptance rather than with rage

• Sometimes depends what mood I am in some days I am confident and some days I have really low self esteem.

• Well of coarse, I do care what these people think and say. They're my only life.

What will I do without them?
    They Complete Me.

• if you gained a rapport with someone who you trust, yeah. Otherwise, not really. I dont care

• Everybody is not enlightened or wise like you, bro..

• i'm not wise, just said why care what strangers here do. though if you are wise, perhaps you can answer.

• eh? lol.. whatever dude.

• good luck.. :P

• Nope, not a bit