What is the logic behind thanking people for "Most Helpful"?

Just explain why you do it. Seems counterintuitive.

Interesting. Thanks for the viewpoints.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• How is it counterintuitive?

I say thanks because I appreciate them considering my opinion to be the most helpful out of all other opinions, and it gives me 10 xpers, which is nothing to complain about.

Or I just say it to be nice. No harm in that either.

• It's the same logic as thanking someone for making a compliment about you.

Giving someone MH = letting someone know you think their answer was the most helpful amongst all given (hence the name "Most Helpful"). So like you'd thank someone for thinking your new hairdo looks nice on you, you thank them for thinking your answer was helpful, let alone most helpful.

It's no rocket science.

• Just gratitude. They thought your answer was the best so they rewarded you for that!

• well, MH means they actually thought what I said was helpful, so yeah, it's good to know people actually think I can be helpful, so guess thats why I thank them :)

• Shows you appreciate their advice it's a way of saying thanks you

• For me it is usually because of appreciation and gratitude, especially when I like the answerer but a lot of times I didn't choose the MH because it is so darn hard to choose.What about you?

• Just to be nice. Also I start to feel like "friends" a lot of people here so I always want to play nice :)

• It is out of courtesy

• It's a gesture of gratitude. Do you not have any manners? While it's not necessary, it's certainly a form of being polite and showing appreciation.

• I appreciate being told I was helpful in some way... so I tell them thank you, because I mean it (^_^)
    They don't HAVE to select my response as MH, so when they do, I'm grateful.

What Guys Said 7

• It gets me more points.

t (ツ)_/¯

LOL!!
    Just Kidding

• When an employee displays outstanding performance, and is awarded a bonus, why do they thank their manager?

When Steve Nash wins MVP, why does he thank David Stern?

It's because they appreciate that their contribution is recognized.

• Cuz im generous and feels great to be of help to others so in return just wanna give thanks to that person. Thought i achieved something good to be given MH so wanna be nice and say thanks.

• proper manners. you're given something, you say thank you, no matter what it is. makes you look like an unappreciative ass, if you don't

• its confession that I do matter in the scheme of things

• you put effort jn typing all that stuff to hell the other. its like a thank you

• gratitude.

Good manners.

Basic social skills/niceties.