Is it good to be honest with people on GaG?

Some people, especially girls, ask questions like "is this a good boob size?" Or "am I ugly? rate me!" Those kinda of questions.

Should I respond to them and tell them what I actually think? negative things? I feel bad doing it to a girl because I know they are so self conscious and I don't want to make them feel bad? What do u guys do? Should I just not respond to these questions?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can be honest without ripping someone's self-esteem to shreds. And if feel you can't be tactful, then don't answer those questions.

What Girls Said 7

• If they asked the question, they should expect honest answers. I try not to be mean or answer questions where I have nothing nice to say... This is something that we learned in kindergarten. Like harakiri said, you can answer a question honestly and not be a douche. It's simple.

That said, sometimes people are entirely too sensitive even when you are politely honest with them, and they hit you with a million excuses. Those are the people that need a brutally honest rude awakening lol

• Thanks BUBBBBBBAAAAAAAYYY

• No parenthetical citation or works cited list? =P

• In education we write in APA. Sometimes we forget these things and think that if we start the sentence with the name, it shall suffice. (Harakiri, 2014) eeeek

• i rather the honest answer. makes us feel worst when we find out you lied and gave a different answer somewhere else.
    i either not respond or give honest answer.
    i mean, what reason is there to lie? :/

• I have never answered those kind of questions.I have literally never rated any GAGer's look despite my long time here.
    To publicly ask people to rate their looks is a sad thing in my opinion.I have never seen any GAGers publicly asking other GAGers to rate their personality.

• Just be honest, or don't answer if you don't want to hurt them.

• lol you don't need to answer them if you think it'll hurt them.

• It's good to be honest but people on here are too sensitive.

• Yes, it's BEST to be honest with people on G@G. I don't know about others, but when I'm looking for feedback or advice, I don't want to be lied to.
    That being said, there's no reason to be cruel to completely destroy someone either. Choosing words carefully makes a difference; you can inspire someone to change for the better, or you can make yourself a target and possibly hurt that person.

What Guys Said 6

• I rarely answer these questions because if you don't tell them what they WANT to hear, you'll get a lot of nasty feedback, or at best you'll be ignored.

Sometimes, just to keep my hand in, I'll tell such people the truth, just to see how angry they will get.

• Be honest, but try wording your answer in a way that doesn't cruel if you really do have negative thoughts about her looks or whatever. Rewording/rephrasing can make an answer seem more inviting.

• Yes, it is if you want to really help them. Telling them dishonest things or giving them what they want to hear does them no good at all. In fact, you probably will cause them more problems.

• I only talk to girls I can give a positive answer to. Also to guy I think I can save from misery or disaster (aka marriage).

• Being honest is fine but sometimes it might be better to say nothing than to crush a soul

• er.. not really. it's just strangers.

But I don't see the point of being dishonest. i have nothing to lose or gain.