Have you ever been blocked by a user for no reason?

I just found out a certain user blocked me and I have no idea why. I try to be as helpful (and considerate) as possible when answering.

I'm thinking maybe they just didn't like my answer?

Has this ever happened to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it has happened on at least two occasions. I think your assumption is right he probably didn't agree with you opinion.

• The whole thing seems a bit silly, to me. Especially considering he gave me MH on multiple answers before that -_- oh well lol

Were you slightly offended when it happened to you? It kind of took me aback when I noticed lol

• hahaha that's so ridiculous. People elude me sometimes.

What Guys Said 3

• I've been blocked but it was for a reason I'm sure, like they didn't like my opinion. Because I got a messsge saying I wasn't allowed to post questions because so and so blocked you XD

• Pretty often actually, it's frustrating because you can't even give them up-votes. I find blocking silly: if you block someone, you can't get their view on questions where you might actually agree with them, or realize that they're at least partially right. All perspectives matter if you're actually looking to ask people's opinions. Blocking is immature.

• Right? That's how I feel. I don't understand it. Isn't the purpose of the site to get opinions regardless of whether or not you might agree with them? As I mentioned with the other answerer, it surprised me because I had gotten MH on answers I had given them previously, so they clearly found them helpful?

I guess I just don't really understand the feature.

• Yes very true

• Lol, "Maosource" just did that as well because I said she probably shouldn't call her Skype-sex relationship an actual "relationship", in which the guy threatens around with self-harm, stalkery and all that jazz. Really?

• Yes. But I don't care. If there is something they dislike about me, okay. You don't have to like me. You don't have to agree with my answers or comments.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes it's happened before haha. I had no idea that they blocked me until I tried answering one of their questions. I've never even talked to them so I don't know haha. I find myself forgetting that they've blocked me sometimes, I think I've tried answering at least 5 of their questions before until I realize that I'm actually blocked hahaha. Oh well.

• hahaha damn! Oh well is right.

• I think I'm blocked by at least 10 people by now, who didn't like what I had to say lol.

Several of them include teenage girls, who created questions for the sole purpose of fishing for compliments. When I pointed that out, I was immediately blocked, haha.

• lol "when I pointed that out, I was immediately blocked" Why does that not surprise me with a teenage girl? lol

• ah yeah, I hate those kinds of girls too, and I also let them know that their act is so obvious. I wish guys just wouldn't feed their egos though... But I guess guys will be guys. They're presented with pictures of skanks, they get all crazy. lol

• Not necessarily skanks.

Most of these girls are very attractive and know it, but they post these soppy questions like Am I attractive? Some nobody said I wasn't, so shower me with compliments so I can feel better about myself. I require constant praise from strangers to keep my fragile ego intact.

I see what you there - BAM, INSTABLOCK.

• On old GAG, yes. He blocked half the users here, and we even had a conversation before he then blocked me for no reason other than because I became a mod (he blocked all mods and admins).

On new GAG, not that I know of.

• yes it happened to me, i was blocked by two persons here on old gag. not sure for now..as i haven't been so active like before. some can be quite sensitive and some people wanted you to agree with their views, so they tend to block people who disagree with them.

• a lot of people have mental problems here and over sensitivity is one of their symptoms