Can we just ban all religious questions already?

Can we just ban all religious questions already? I mean i know there is a category and all but we shouldn't encourage people to shove their religion down others throats especially since there are many people of different belief system on this site since people are from many different countries. I think it is horrible and condescending to only think your point of view is right and to not respect others.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think they should be banned but for some reason everyone KNOWS their god (s) are true. When people behave this way they have to believe that everyone else is wrong with their beliefs since different religions have contradictory views. This is what breeds the fighting and condescending attitudes. I'm not saying everyone believes this because some people are open to the possibility of religious pluralism.

It isn't like with science where I can pull data showing the heliocentric model of the universe is true and the geocentric model of the universe is false. You just don't have that standard of evidence with supernatural claims.

People are too high and mighty and holier than thou to just let people believe what they want to believe as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

What Guys Said 24

• I identify as "agnostic", I suppose.

But I love hearing people's perspectives about things like morality, afterlives, etc. I really think the problems of religion are alleviated whenever it isn't treated as scientific fact, and we can look into each other's beliefs and say "Hmmm, that's an interesting idea." I think it's beautiful for people to think beyond the physical about existential ideas. And I think it's something that should be celebrated.

The problem with religions is that people often take them way too seriously. Placing a literal interpretation of the bible above scientific inquiry is bogus, and actively condemning others for not following "YOUR" belief should be classified as a hate crime. And for the love of GOD (irony intended), get the bible out of politics, off the money, and out of the pledge. It isn't a hatred of Christianity to demand that the white house not be a church.

Get these pieces of garbage out of the way, and religion is something to be pondered, something to inspire scientific ideas, and easily one of the most unique human characteristics.

• Bullshit. You're trying to shove your beliefs down the throat of the rest of us who want to openly discuss religion. I find that offensive.

• I agree. Becuse the site is mostly teenagers, you can't have a wortwhile discussion on relgion or race. They get their opinions from their sergeant or CNN and that's that--the discussion just descends into name calling and threats every time.

So let's just rule them out..it would be the sane thing to do. Either that, or have an over 25 section of Gag, but these know nothings would of course just lie their way onto that.

• why does it have to be teens...and everyone has questions about everything some maybe be consider more politically more important than "What's your favorite color?"

• I agree. I have no problem with people following whatever beliefs they want to.
    But my belief is I don't want to be in any sort of religion. Or follow the word of some god.
    I don't go running around trying to "save" people or trying to convince others why my way is better than theirs.
    I don't appreciate it when they do it to me.

• I'm an atheist but I would never support a Ban on people expressing Religious views.

I find religion to be an interesting subject.

And why not Ban Racial questions while were at it? There's a lot of Bickering over them as well.

• I agree like that asshole asking why white latinas dont' like black guys

• Very obnoxious.

• Well Race, Religion, Political view, and etc are all interesting subjects that is faced on a constant basis and people come on here to seek a great mind scope or opinion from their daily dose of it...and not allowing these question to be asked allows..ignorant people wonderously looking for answers when it's right here are everywhere else

• Nobody can shove their religion down your throat, don't read them. I thought you liberals liked 'diversity' and 'respecting others views'. Oh ya I forgot you do love those things unless they disagree with your ideas. What about freedom of speech? Oh ya, again I forgot only freedom of speech if they say what you want to hear. Should I go on? I see things that offend me on here 20 times a day but I think they have a right to post them, and they should not be banned. Most of you are hypocrites, but of course 50% of America already knows that, everyone but yourselves. by the way, this is coming from someone you would call a 'conservative' (which you would be wrong cuz Im not).

• I saw what you put on that anonymous guys answer and I'm just curious. You said asked him how he knows that your god hasn't influenced your life yes? How do you know if other people's gods haven't done the same? If someone worships a different god than you that is.

• Oh okay I can respect that position then. Thanks for responding man.

• Yep. I have no idea if their God (s) are real or not and I don't really care. All I know is my God is real.

• I kinda side with you on this...people occasionally just judge people off of religious beliefs and it just seems like religion is division.

• We have our rights just as much as you have yours if you don't like it then don't look at our questions or even pay them any heed. We don't make you look you make that choice yourself so make the choice to not look were are not forcing you to.

By wanting to ban our questions your doing the very thing you accuse us of doing by shoving your stuff down our throats. And just for the record atheism is considered a religion by quite a bit of people so your questions regarding that would be banned as well.

• Ban all religious questions in the religious section... sure, makes sense.

"we shouldn't encourage people to shove their religion down others throats "

We shouldn't "shove religions down others throats" according to you... yet it's alright to shove your belief down religious peoples throat contradicting yourself.

You're very question hypocritically pushes the same thing you claim religious people can't do

• No it makes for interesting conversations and even though if I don't agree with them it makes me think and learn more about their religion maybe something I didn't know before it will make less ignorant next time.

• I am ok with religious questions as long as people dont argue and debate and try to convert each other.

I was stuck on a ski lift the other day with this guy who just so happened to be a missionary. As you can imagine, he spent the entire time trying to convert me

• Soooo you want to shove athiesm down the throats of those that are religious? You know you can choose not to view or see certain questions.

• People have been shoving their religion down others throats since religion was invented, so I doubt it will stop anytime soon.

• I chuckled at the irony. $20 no one sees it.

• sex, politics, and religion.. deadly combo

• Dude, his question was fine. Stop being intolerant!

• I'm talking generically because there is like many questions every week and many arguments and Even PakiGurl feels somewhat hurt that people bash islam

• Ok that sucks. But that's freedom of speech.

• Complaining about it only makes them want to do it more. If I were you I would ignore these types of questions.

• Agreed
    All it does is start pointless arguments

• Thats not a good idea.

• it's not people's fault that if one religion is true the other can't be true. I'm real Islam not liberal left wing diluted Islam. All shiva and Baal worshipers must repent or be doomed to the pit of fire which is hell right? in the religion of spiritism demonic entities aren't generally believed in either. Taoist philosopher tao himself said that confusions was stupid. so if a person is going to say that thier religion is right as long as they don't say any other religion is wrong. All this implied stuff that peoe like you tend to point out is nothing more than a rant it self against religion

• Lets not forget anyone can defend thier belifs on this site even though they shouldn't have too.

• And who says we aren't respecting anyone else's opinions that's just what you assume

• I'm an atheist, so I obviously find all questions based on 'religions' highly irrelevant to me. I just consider myself a 'human being', so 'religion' or 'God' aren't [part of my life, and they never will be. There is no need to ban religious questions. It is actually fun watching superstitious people (yeah, I consider religion as 'superstition') of the 21st century claiming that their God/religion is the best, arguing about how they have benefited from a so-called 'God' etc. Its actually good, solid entertainment when I watch them arguing about religion, the same way 10-year old kids fight for candy. If you find that offensive, just don't read any questions/answers related to religion. But banning them would mean that we practical people, who are intelligent enough to understand that Man created God (rather than God created Man), are denied of entertainment! I don't go around bashing religious people or religion/God, at the same time I don't really appreciate people trying to 'convince' me why I have to believe in god and religion.

• Could you maybe explain how your finding entertainment in others' belief systems and implying that people of faith are unintelligent aren't considered bashing? This whole post is the epitome of what you are claiming to hate and you sound very hypocritical.

• @bubbiexo
      Its not that I find 'entertainment' in your faith or anyone else's faith. I only mentioned that I find it entertaining when religious people quarrel and argue about stuff related to religion. By the way, you said you don't mind atheists, right? Would you STILL be so open minded if a perfect dream man who is an atheist wanted to have a relationship with you? I bet not. So you see, there is SOME point where all religious people discriminate against atheists. We're treated as outcasts and criminals for no fault of ours. I wasn't born atheist, and I wasn't an atheist until around 5 years ago. But the reality is, the moment I became an atheist, my dating opportunities almost dropped to zero. I never forced my belief on anyone, but my 'potential' dates wanted to date me ONLY if I adopted their faith. When I don't force my atheism on others, I expect others to not force their faith on me.

• contd...
      If you got offended, I sincerely apologize but you're among the very few religious people who actually feel that atheists are not animals or aliens. So I was speaking in general. I was indeed open-minded about all faiths and religions even after becoming an atheist, but unfortunately, I was discriminated far too much in every aspect so I don't feel the need to be open-minded anymore. So women don't want to date me, I get discriminated at work, family members believe that I'm 'weird', all this just because I'm an atheist? Earlier I used to feel bad about this, but not anymore. I just show my middle finger to all those ignorant people who believe that being an atheist is a sin. Once again, please acdcept my aplogies. But please remmeber that you're amongst the VERY few religious people who don't have a problem with atheists. Most others would be very happy if we atheists are banished or exiled.

• do people actually do that? shove religion down people's throat? i would hate it too actually.

What Girls Said 15

• Why? Simply asking a question is not forcing a religion down anyone's throats. If someone doesn't like a question here, they don't have to respond.

Everyone has the right to ask questions about their own religion. Like I said, if someone finds it offensive, all they have to do is ignore it.

For instance, I'm a Christian and I've seen a LOT of atheists post questions that I consider offensive to my religion so I ignore them. But they have the right to post their opinions just like anyone else and I don't think it should be banned.

• I though all you 'Christians' were close minded? Maybe that is an assumption. LOL

• I find it funny that atheists are so quick to judge Christians on claims they don't personally believe in. many atheists passionately and proudly insult religious people while telling religious people to shut up and take it. new atheism is founded on adolescent teenagers has become all the more obvious over the years

• Yeah. I've noticed that too, G-Daz. It's sad that people can't be more respectful of each other and of differing beliefs.

• I just stopped answering those questions altogether. even though I make it clear that I don't think everyone should think a certain way, I still get ridiculed for my beliefs. Not once have I told anyone that they should believe what I do or that they are immoral or wrong for believing what they do... Yet I'm "foolish" and "irrational" for having faith. I made no attempt to shove my belief down anyone's throat but there they are trying to tell me how to think.
    Funny how that works!
    But yeah, if you don't like the questions or they make you uncomfortable, don't look at them... That's what I do:)

• Everyone believes that the thing they believe in is the ultimate truth. That's just how human beings are.

If anything, I'd rather ban bitter misogynists whose minds are so chut up closed that not a single word of advice gets through to them, they ask for advice, a nd when people give them, they get extremely easily offended and are generally just impossible to talk to.

• why tho?
    i think people have every right to discuss religion, question it and deliver their opinions. and this is coming from someone who is christian and has witnessed people calling jesus an asshole and a nut job….

despite this, i still think its a good topic to have here. yeh, there will b arguments, but i am 100% positive that people read the opinions and are educated in some way

• Haha, sounds like you want to ban religious opinions rather than religious questions. The religious questions section isn't supposed to be a place where people "jam their religion down other people's throats". It's supposed to be a place where people who have questions about the beliefs and behavior of religious people. And that's fine, it's good there's a section for that.

• Well, I think there are quite a lot religious questions popping up today, (a bit too much I think), but I don't think all of them should be banned, because there also might be good questions that needs answers and are from people that respect everyone, believing in the same religion, another one, or not at all. Just because most questions are pretty bad, doesn't mean you can ban everything, because then you also ruin it for the good people :)

• Yessssss pls. There's always someone that has to bad mouth Islam :( I would never do the same to someone else.

• lol So don't post about it if you can't handle negative comments.

• @Chocolateismylover: She is not looking for a muslim man on this website. Read her question before you assume or judge her.

@Nickstaa: Every person in this website has the right to answer any question. At least she is better than people who ask questions about P*rnography.

@ArabianPwincess197: You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. And she has the right to choose her husband wherever she wants. Yes, she should pray to ALLAH for a good husband, but do you think without any action, a husband is going to land magically at her feet? Stop imposing your beliefs when you clearly don't UNDERSTAND her or her questions.

• i just came on and saw this. thank you all for sticking up for me :)

• I've been fucking saying that !

• We're not encouraging anyone to shove their religion down others throats. This is a public site to talk about a wide range of topics that we all have to deal with. I think it takes a level of maturity to be able to accept that not everyone has the same opinion and an even bigger level of maturity to walk away instead of arguing about whose right and whose wrong.

• I think banning the questions is forcing and shoving it down out throats that we cannot have freedom of speech on this site. I mean they have a forum for sex for peets sake, but we can't talk religion? Nah, I don't think so.

• Freedom of religion, America, get with the program. Just ignore the questions you don't like.

• Yes, it is disrespectful to jam a religion down someones throat but I think that is good to be able to have question about other peoples views on religion. Some people are confused and would like questions. Other people just need to be more respectful.

• Nah, I don't think so. If you really don't like the questions that have to do with religion, then simply don't click on them. You don't have to read them or see them, just keep scrollin' ...Freedom of Religion & freedom of speech here in the U.S.A :) no throats are being shoved with religion.

• There were a few posted back to back today.. So I know how you feel.

• I don't think discussing religion is shoving it down anyone's throat.
    It's a big part of many people's lives, if they have questions or concerns about it, I'm happy that they'd come to G@G for help with those kinds of issues.
    As for harassment, well... that's handled the same way whether it's about religion, sex, life, etc.

• I know but instead of discussing religious differences like oh Jews believe this , and Muslims believe that, and Buddhist philosophies are so cool we just get some people screaming that only their religion is right

• I'm not religious or a believer, so that's why you don't see me answering those much.
      If someone is blatantly harassing or insulting, just as always... report.