GUYS: how would you hug a girl that you're into?

Title basically says it all. but im curious. if you liked a girl but are still just friends, how would you hug her? be descriptive! it may help me in decoding my friends feelings.. and im curious!

To recap: explain, in detail, how you would hug a girl that you like/are very interested in?

what about this particular hug?

stands on his tip toes (so he's even taller than you)
he holds you in really tight
his hands around your shoulders
yours around his waist
makes your neck fit perfectly into his w/your face nuzzled in his neck?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I'm not attracted to you, you get a side hug unless you really go in for the full hug, if i find you attractive or care about you ill rap my arms around you with your arms under neath ad mine kinda surrounding your shoulders and i eat my head on your head. If its someone im dating i do that or i hug under her arms so she will rap her arms around my neck

• I lean my head* such a stupid phone.. Oh and if she does force me to give her a full on hug, if its forced and i didn't wanna it I'll usually pat their back or won't hug tightly
      I only hug tightly when i find them attractive and id like them to be mine.. Haha sorry for any mistakes.. Stupid iphone

What Guys Said 10

• I'm not a hugger. When I hug people, it's because I'm either trying to comfort them, or because I'm into them.

Anyway, I pull them in close so that our hearts are touching (or bewbs, depending on how cynical you are about guys and their intentions), and generally have a lower arm crossing her back horizontally and the other arm starting low at the medial end (elbow) and ending up with my hand on her shoulder.
    Duration is very context dependant, naturally, but generally:
    Comforting = <5sec
    Comforting and liked = 10+ with soothing back rub
    Random hug with someone I liked = <3sec

• I think you hug her normally, but then you hold on 10 seconds or so longer then you would just a nothing hug. Trying to say the things you want to say in those stolen moments..

• If we are with friends, just a normal hug, if we are by ourselves, after getting to know each other a little bit, I always but one hand behind her head, in my mind it's a subtle yet powerful move IMHO.

• The more longer the morw I would be into someone. Unless she has gone through some major event in life then that would bd the only reason to hug a gurl you're not interested in long.

• I usually put my arms around her and rub her back haha, or sometimes ill pick her up

• Hello you ! Difficult question and it really depends on the girl. If she is bright bubbly confident.. yes go for the tight pick up, spin her round. But if she is a fragile little flower, maybe a bear hug might bring back not so good memories and I don't wanna break those petals x

• haha you again!

never even thought that itd depend on the girl.. very nice haha

• what if she isn't totally "bright bubbly confident" but not like a complete train wreck. or like not little enough to pick up? like she's close to your height?

• Just a normal hug, maybe tighter and longer than usual.

• Left hand on arse, Right hand going through waist from left side to right wrapped. Duh

• I would hug her as I get harder and harder so yes.

• Arms under her arms, touching bodies, a close hug, and hands cupped on her butt.

Too forward?

What Girls Said 3

• I've noticed a trend and I'm not sure if they mean to do it, but they tend to rub your back while hugging. And sometimes they'll give a tight hug and stuff their face in your hair or shoulder, or maybe even pick you up and twirl you. Gah I love it. :D

I have a guy friend who MAY like me (not confirmed) and one time I went to hug him and he gave me a super tight squeeze-the-death-out-of-me hug. I was like "sheesh!" He said he was trying to give me an awesome hug because apparently I give really great hugs. Daw.

• Awwwwh that sounds cute. :)

I'd say the general rule is if it's a cozy hug, he probably likes you. And it's cute when he stands over you like that, like he's protecting you and stuff.

• thats what i thought! haha thanks :)

• 10 second hug

• What do you people think about a hug that is normally long, yet he kisses your cheek?

• well if he kisses your cheek he's obviously got some type of feeling towards you!