This needs to change...please?

do you realize how much better this website would be if you could delete your own questions/updates/opinions? it would be so much better... i can't be the only one who thinks this right? there are some things i wanna delete but I DONT HAVE THAT FREEDOM HERE. THIS IS 'MURICA ISN'T IT? damn. hahaha but seriously, i think that should change on this website. everything else is great!

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly would settle on being able to edit said questions and comments.

• that i could take, as well! they just gotta give us a little somethin!

• exactly. or if you realize something has zero importance or is just weird and you want to get rid of it

• Ya that to lol.

What Guys Said 7

• I do think it would be nice to delete some Q's and such like if it was a personal issue you brought up and wanted to get rid of in case somebody went and saw it online for example. It makes it hard to mention this site to anyone knowing they'd see a personal matter you may have asked about.

Hell you could wipe the XP with it, I don't care.

• flaunt your shame girl! not being able to hide your mistakes will make you a wiser person thatll make btter decisions. dont focus so much on the past and look ahead to the future.

• i will take that advice and use it.. for something else haha like i put an update and added something with no purpose and i just kinda wanted to delete it but i can't! its a real struggle

• looooooooooool. ii don't know i guess

• hahaha but yes, it is important to take our mistakes and learn and grow from them!

• I don't know about deleting, but I really wanna edit my posts sometimes. That would be a great change.

• yeah there should be an option to edit posts here like on Facebook

• The ability to delete the things I've said would only create more boldness to say things that I shouldn't say.

• Do you realise how many times I hit send, then bury my head in my hands thinking omg what have I done, how do I delete that... ohhhhhhh fuck

• you and me both, sir!

• oh.. yeah thats a bit harsh haha buuuut its gone now so its alright! for the most part

• Yeah i really wish this to happen. It will also reduce stress on moderators. lol

What Girls Said 4

• This isn't 'Murica. GAG is global.

I think it would be chaotic if people have total liberty to delete their own posts. It is just like real life: you can't take back what you've already said and done. What's said is said. If you make a mistake, you learn from it, then move on.

• i was making a joke about the whole america thing. i know its global! but just having the option to delete or just edit it after posting wouldn't be a bad thing

• If there was an option to take back what you've said, I think people would be more reckless in posting.

• Yeah i agree with you

• i agree with you ! i had this problem today

• We want fun, interesting, and helpful content on the site at all times for everyone, at any time, to see and enjoy.
    Allowing members to continuously edit or delete their own posts would simply cause too much confusion, it would make it very difficult to find and catch spammers and/or duplicate accounts/posts, and it would also constantly fluctuate Xper points for EVERYONE, all the time.

We always encourage you guys to carefully consider what you post so as to avoid "posting regret".

• i agree with you like im not going to make this a huge deal or anything. i just think sometimes itd be nice to be able to edit or remove something. most of the time im fine with what i post but other times id like to remove it for whatever reason