What's with the sudden influx of RATE MY LOOKS posts?

I've perused Yahoo Answers and there are constantly RATE MY LOOKS posts, but there's been a sudden influx of those posts here. The ones I especially hate are the "who's prettier, the girl on the left or right" posts. What's up with all these posts?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• Oooo I used to be very into Yahoo Answers, but that was back when there were amazing users on it. The trolls were hilarious, the questions were politically incorrect, and most of the users were regular and recognizable. Now it's gone down in the slumps with really pathetic trolls and too many irregular users, so now I'm here :)

It does seem like there are a lot of people asking rate me questions here lately. I really don't get the point of asking them. You should be able to tell whether you're ugly or not, without the help of random internet people whose opinions shouldn't affect your self-worth or confidence, anyway.

• I hate those too. But sometimes people need to be rated and the comparing the girls ones suck too

• Maybe they want to audition for a beauty contest and want critics b4 hand

• It can be really annoying. I remember only wanting to be rated once and that was it for me.

• a lot of people with low esteem from bullying at school or having break ups?

• there's a lot of insecure people out there...and others that just like to get their egos stroke lol :P

What Guys Said 4

• Lots of people are insecure about their looks. That's all.
    Why have these questions been posted here so often recently? I don't know.

• rate my profile pic pls

• It's so entertaining :)

• Trust me you don't wanna see my pic lol.