Why is it that most people are afraid to post as themselves?

Most people post and reply as Anonymous. What is the deal? Even the posts that are not sexual in nature? Are you so afraid of taking a stand that you have to hide? I mean it really doesn't matter. The only time it is just downright cowardly is when you attack someone or make some very insulting post toward the other sex or another person. If you cannot say it as yourself you should not say it at all. Grow a pair and post as yourself.

I understand the reasons that people do it. It just seems kind of silly. Why be on this site if you have to hide everything you say? I know many woman have a thing about expressing their sexuality and desires so it is a way to be free to do that

Most Helpful Girl

• Topics about cheating, not getting dates, culture, race and abortion are very sensitive to talk about. I have seen the heavy negative responses generated when the user did not conceal her / his identity. Its tiring to keep arguing when they are simply voicing their opinions which may not be the mainstream politically correct answer to hear and others want to change what that person thinks or get weirdly angry about it. The truth is too hot to handle

• I agree. Everybody has different sensitivity levels. The Asker may think it's silly but to that person it isn't. Although I agree with what the Asker is trying to get across some people just want to stay anonymous.

• Thanks for mh🌟

• np. i usually give it to women. and i won't give it to anonymous people. then it is a coin flip

What Girls Said 3

• When I hide something I always have a reason for doing it. I don't just hide stuff randomly.

• People don't like the truth, truth they don't want to hear. a lot of them tell it like it is here but people don't want to hear it about it. They just want to be coddled.

• i try not to be anon for most questions, but i don't know its like paranoia that someone i know in real life that i am asking questions about will figure out its me!!! and then im exposed!!! just freaks me out, cause a lot can be revealed on the internet these days!

also another fear is that depending on the topic of the question, sometimes its a touchy subject, and there's a fear that other GAG users will disagree with my honest opinion and will cyber attack me, blocking me or rating me down... it just feels safer to be anonymous

What Guys Said 10

• I'd agree with that. My opinions aren't always popular, but I'll stand by them and take my beating. Some are definitely odd though, like "what's your favorite TV show?", posted by Anonymous.

• One of the main reasons that I can think of is that everybody has different sensitivity levels. You may think it's silly but to that person it isn't. There are so many other reasons too lol. Although I agree with what you're trying to get across 100% some people just want to stay anonymous. That's G@G life for ya.

• They don't want people who know that a certain post was from them.
    They said something they are embarrassed about.
    They said something kinda personal.
    And others.
    There is always a reason for posting anonymously.

• I used to agree with this. Many people voice many different and sometimes dangerous opinions but still want to maintain their "likability". You never know, perhaps RedThread is a misogynist who thinks that all women should be eradicated. Perhaps Knowmeyourself is the one who constantly tells men that they are ugly pigs. Worse still perhaps some of the worst trolls are the most respected members in disguise!

Let them have their opinions. Let them keep their standing.

• I used to do it all of the time for a couple of reason.
    For one, I wanted that extra layer of anonymity. Didn't want anything I've said to somehow be traced back to myself. Paranoid? Perhaps.

Secondly, people are very divided based on their beliefs. I didn't want something I said to be a talking point on every other thing that I would say. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Lastly and most importantly, I didn't want to make any friends back when there was a chat bar because some of them would bother me. I'm pretty antisocial you see.

• People feel protected when there anonymous. Its much easier to say hateful things or say what you really feel when no one can see your face or your identity.

Also to avoid embarrassment.

• Its not hurting anyone so don't trip.

• people just try to stay anonymous so they don't get crucified for their opinions i assume

• i think it is cowardly to hide behind the anon title to be honest. its a public forum , as long as you dont use your real name who the hell cares what you type

• Because everyone's a p*ssy