How long can a question be before you refuse to read it?

What do you think is the most effective length of a question?

• One paragraph
    6% (1)38% (3)16% (4)Vote
  • Two paragraphs
    53% (9)25% (2)44% (11)Vote
  • Three paragraphs
    24% (4)12% (1)20% (5)Vote
  • Four paragraphs
    17% (3)0% (0)12% (3)Vote
  • All 2,000 words.
    0% (0)25% (2)8% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
11|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I can read up to 2 paragraphs maybe 3 depending on how long each o ne is, Also if the topic is interesting I may read longer ones.
    From there it depends on spelling and grammar. it doesn't need to be perfect, I just want to be able to read it without having to decypher what's written.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• It's all in the title, if the title is stupid such as "smiled at me once, does this mean he likes me?" ...I won't answer things like that (impossible to answer). I will read as many paragraphs as necessary if I'm absorbed by an interesting title but on a whole I reckon questions with just a paragraph of text (or less) get the most answers.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the length of the paragraphs. i said B 2 paragraphs but if the paragraphs are super long i'm totally not reading the whole thing. 2 normal sized paragraphs is fine, but sometimes people's 1 paragraph should actually be more like 5.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on what they said the first few sentences. if its good, 3 paragraph. if its poopie, i just find the questions...which is usually at the end.

1|0
    0|0
  • I typically will not read a 4 paragraph post; unless the title really intrigues me. I think they should find a way to summarizes; what the need to say. One, paragraph should be aleast 5 sentences in length. So, why do you need 4?

1|0
    0|0
  • Hah! Great question!
    Really if it's longer than a couple sentences I lose interest, but I have stuck it out a couple times with long ones with multiple paragraphs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how interesting it is. If it holds my attention all through out the reading I will in fact read it all. If the first few sentence are boring I'm out.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on words per paragraph.

1|0
    0|0
  • Two paragraphs. I also think answers don't usually need to be long and drawn out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most times it's all in the title.Anything more then a paragraph or two is to much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, but not always. It usually depends on what the first sentence is. If the question itself is interesting or relevant to me, that is what makes me click. But I can usually tell where it's going after the first sentence. I will only respond if I read the entire question, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • ill read any length...
    but if its all just one really big paragraph i might not

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Honestly, punctuation, spacing, and grammar will help me read more. Nothing worse than a wall of text that looks like it was written by a deranged rhesus monkey typing with one hand.

3|0
    0|0
  • People are more likely to read (hence respond) to your question the shorter it is. Generally speaking, it is next to impossible to not read a single sentence, hence that would be the optimum length for maximum responses if your criterion is just length.

1|0
    0|0
  • Length is not important ;). But if its one huge paragraph because the Asker is grammatically retarded then I won't read it UNLESS it is super interesting.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on if its an interesting question, if not, it has to be less half my phone screen

0|0
    0|0
  • Too long, did not read :P

0|0
    0|0