When do you block another user's account here on GAG?

I just found got blocked by someone in the middle of a discussion because I disagreed with what they said. I was polite and not argumentative. All I did was disagree and I came back to find I'd been blocked.

I think that's a pretty chicken $hit thing to do, but it's all cool. This is just a place to ask and answer.

So GAG users, do you block people for disagreeing with you? If not, what's your threshold for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never blocked anyone on here since nobody has given me a reason to.
    The only reason why I'd block someone is if they started harassing me, like messaging me rude things for no reason etc.
    I agree with you that it's kind of cowardly to block someone just because they disagree with you. I think it's an immature way of saying "I can't handle this argument/debate, therefore I'm going to block you so that I don't have to deal with it"...
    I don't see why some people block others just because they have a different opinion. It's unnecessary.

What Girls Said 17

• The only time I block people is if they continuously and rudely keep commenting on a post of mine because they don't like what I had to say. I don't mind if people disagree with me, that's not an issue at all. I just do not appreciate it when someone disagrees and instead of offering a counter-argument in a respectful way, they just insult me and keep commenting without offering anything productive to the debate.

• I usually block people who are ignorant and don't even know me. Ones that say I am vain and stuff right off the bat. If they knew me at all, they would know I am not vain. haha and I just don't need the extra RUDE comments on my posts lol

I also block trolls and perverts who keep messaging me. Sorry guys.

• I don't block people for disagreeing with me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including me.

So when someone gives me uninvited criticism on my opinion (to which I am entitled to!), and won't cease to pointlessly argue with me, even after I've asked them twice to quit bothering me, that's when I'll block them in the middle of discussion. That happened a few times on all the abortion topics. Some users just couldn't leave the opposing opinions alone and just HAVE TO argue and try to convert the people.

• Yeah. That's a tough one. I don't think I've ever seen anyone change their mind on that particular issue.

• exactly, so any arguing or debating is pointless and just plain annoying, right?

• Beyond a certain point, yep.

• I've only ever blocked guys who won't leave me alone.

Whether it was repeatedly sending friend requests without talking to me first.. or continually sending pics of their prized possession, even after being asked to stop.. or continually asking for pics, or cyber, after being told no...

I mean, I get it.. people see me as an east slut here.. doesn't mean I'm their fucking play toy...

• I block people who always post nasty comments on my answers and who I know are following me around and downvoting me. Eventually you pick up on the pattern although you may be wrong about who it was...
    Also when someone continuously posts ridiculous stuff, I block them so their stuff won't show up on my feed. Normally I would flag hateful and nasty comments, but sometimes they aren't bad enough to delete... Just rude little digs and if the person does it 2+ times... Blocked.

• Just once because he said I was a slut. Just because I disagreed with his chauvinist ways.

• You'll find quite a few dudes like that on here unfortunately.

• Indeed, I try to avoid threads/askers like that but sometimes it's hard lol.

• I block when they block me. I'm immature.

• only those who are creepy

• When they private message me claiming they are in love with me and are just annoying

• I don't block anyone no matter how fucking annoying they are.

• Only if they send me sexually explicit or harassing messages. I've been blocked for disagreeing and calling people out on their crap, but I don't care lol.

• That is what children do when they can't verbally hold on to a discussion in a sensible way.

I'll only block if he becomes insulting and swearing his head off.

• i think i blocked a few who kept sending hentai messages.

• I have so far only blocked people that have sent inappropriate messages.

• just few times, they asked me few inappropriate questions.

• I've only blocked users that sent me creepy messages.

• None before

What Guys Said 18

• I block trolls. That's about it. Or people who've blocked me first, because I don't want them dropping comments on my posts knowing I can't respond. And then every couple of weeks, I'll unblock people again because no one is a dick forever, know what I mean?

• I've not had a reason to block anyone yet. Im sure it will happen. I got blocked by someone and I still have no idea why. It was totally random. But thems the breaks. Only time Ill block someone is if they give me reason, like if they are harassing me or something. If I disagree with someone well thats life.

• I've been here 3 years and I have never blocked anyone. If there is a disagreement then we agree to disagree.

• Never. I can't think of a single reason why I would block someone. Ladies...I understand. Creepy bros coming out of the woodwork around here, I'm sure.

• I never do. I mean, it's a website, people won't ever know who I really am, maybe one or two I can really trust (I actually gave my e-mail to only one person on here so far).

And in the end: No matter what somebody does, maybe they change at some time in the future (yes, unlikely to happen...) but I don't want to be the one who takes them their chance to right their wrongs of the past.

• I've been blocked merely because I said something the other person disagreed with. It's funny, because sometimes I want to upvote them, but they had blocked me! It's so silly.

• I have not blocked anyone. The only reason I would block someone is when they are engaging in harassment. In that case, I would contact an admin and use the block only to provide a little relief until an admin dealt with the situation.

• That same thing has happened to me and you're right penis dog... It is chicken shit.

I only block people who are obviously just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. Or people who block me.

• Didn't I block you once? :D

• I thought you might because of my constant penis dog joke.

If you did I don't remember. Whatever it was I'm sorry. You're profile pic always puts a smile on my face.

• Naah. I almost never block anyone.

• Never did it before. I've been blocked however by someone on here. I know what it was for, sharing my opinion and he must of not of liked it. Ah, well! Found out because some questions he creates, I can not answer, not a big deal to me though.

• If I find out someone has mad hackysack skills and I know I am inferior then yes maybe I will but otherwise I accept fate and do not block anyone unless it's a close relative.

• he blocked me and i return the favor.lol.
    Well anyway that guy is very popular here on GaG. It's started when i rebuked him for being inconsistent and calling the other guy as "beta".

• he blocks anyone who dares to call him out on his act. Happens to me too =)

• he is a good entertainer and his questions are raining with comments maybe because he wear a sun g***s or he is good at impersonating "RR".wth?
      hahaha

• That's like me claiming that I look like Beyonce even though I'm Asian lol

• How do you tell if you've been blocked?
    But I agree with u gals

• Nah I dont block users.

• I don't know, I never blocked any one yet.

• I'm too forgetful to block people.

• When they send me too many creepy pictures...

• I have been blocked by eternally lucky. Lol

• The moment someone I don't already know and like annoys me in any way.