Guys and Girls, would you date a bisexual?Guys and Girls, would you date a bisexual? Close

Why Guys Wear the Same Jeans Every day

Most men have a bedroom bureau with enough space for the usual stuff - socks, underwear (boxers), t-shirts, a couple of sweatshirts, the sweater Mom gave him for his birthday, and three pairs of jeans.

A guy generally has exactly three pairs of jeans, and they are not the same. They are graded by age and condition - old, middle, and new.

In my case, the oldest and best pair are the ones I have owned for five years. They fit perfectly. I can snap them at the waist without sucking in my stomach, but they will stay up without a belt. The length is good, too. They are not too short. If they became too short, perhaps from washing too often in hot water, they would become the dreaded "high water pants," and would be instantly discarded. They are not too long. Most guys over the age of sixteen don't like to trip over their own pants, or get the lower edges frayed because they're dragging on the ground.

Most guys have an old pair of jeans that are at least five years old. When they were new, they really were blue. Not bleached or distressed, just blue. Over the years they get grease stains from working on the motorcycle, paint from some household project, and the knees get frayed from plain old wear and tear. I like the knees of my old jeans being frayed because it reminds me of the Ramones. The old jeans are a guy's favorite jeans, but because of society's silly rules about wearing clean clothes in public, they're strictly for wearing on weekends and doing stuff around the house.

If it were up to me, I'd just buy one pair of jeans and wear them until they fell off.

The middle pair is maybe three years old. They are exactly the same size and brand as the old pair. After all, if something works, why change? The only difference is that the middle pair is newer-looking than the old pair. They're not as stained and not quite as faded. For the first two years, the middle pair were my "good" jeans. I kept them very clean until one Saturday when I absent-mindedly wore them when I was scraping off the lawnmower. I got grass stains all over them, and that was it. They were no longer good jeans.

Once a guy has two pairs of jeans that are stained, ripped, or frayed, then he has to go to the mall to buy a new pair. The guy will avoid going to the mall with his girlfriend. If his girlfriend comes along, the trip will take hours and the guy will end up loitering in the Ladies Shoe department while his girlfriend tries on thirty identical pairs of "pumps" which seems to be another word for high heels. Given a choice, he would rather be at the dentist having his teeth drilled without the benefit of Novocaine than watch his girlfriend try on shoes.

With laser-like intensity on his solo mission, the guy finds the men's department and starts looking at jeans. Much to his dismay, there are at least ten different brands, and each brand has ten different styles. There are low-rise, hi-rise, boot cut, flared, straight leg, classic cut, roomy fit, tapered, easy fit, and relaxed fit.

He gives up. He goes into the dressing room and takes off his jeans, and looks at the label above the rear pocket. Regular fit, classic cut. Fine. The guy puts his jeans back on and returns to the sales floor. He finds a pair of jeans in his size, same brand, same style. He pays for the jeans and goes directly to his car. He may not even bother trying them on, because, after all, they are clearly marked with his size. The entire operation takes twenty minutes, which, as far as he is concerned, is fifteen minutes too long.

Now he has three pairs of jeans - old, middle, and new. The guy resolves to wear the new jeans only when he is out with his girlfriend, like on a date to a concert or if he has to go and visit her mother and she wants him to look nice. If he is careful, they might last long enough to actually feel comfortable.

And that's the key: like most men, I only wear clothing that is comfortable. If I put it on and it's too tight or itchy or stiff or feels weird, then forget it. I'm not wearing it. I don't want to have to think when I get dressed in the morning. I have better things to worry about. Three pairs of jeans is actually two pairs too many. If it were up to me, I'd just buy one pair and wear them until they fell off. Then I'd buy another pair. I suppose having two pairs is fine so that I can wash one pair and not have to walk around in my underwear waiting for the dryer cycle to end.

What Girls Said 14

• I don't mind it when i see a dude do that. Its sexy honestly, he has his own style and keeps it hot, simple but not boring.

• agreed :)

• You know DmC Devil May Cry? The latest DMC that came out about 2 years ago? Dante wears the same jeans all the time and coat, it looks great on him LOL

• Heehee, I really enjoyed reading this! :) It seems to hold true for most men, doesn't it?^__^ It also made me laugh :)

• glad you liked it :)

• This was really good! I loved reading about it and it seems to be very true for most of the guys I know... and now that I think about it, no one will ever know if you're wearing the same jeans or not... they all look the same... haha

• I think I'd be a cool girlfriend.. I hate shoe-shopping, and just shopping in general. I like to get in, get what I need as quick as possible, and get out. Sure, there's a certain brand of shoes I like best, but if I don't find them right away, I go to another store, and just get the closest thing to what I want.

• agreed ! lol my mom like that all the time ! It so annoying lol sometimes she calls me a guy bc well I just don't care about shopping !

• Haha! that made me really crack up :) but it does seem true!

• Haha, I loved this article!

• Lmao I'm a bit the same, I have 5 pairs, and the oldest are the best :) comfy comfy!

• Most of my guy friends love fashion and shopping, way more than I do. If not clothing, they're looking at wallets, hats, sports wear... Guess it's so much easier for a guy to dress well, you don't even have to be slender for clothes to fit nicely, but for most girls it's a bit different. The shape, the monthly weight fluctuation... And guys would be the first to point out if girls are always wearing the same jeans/ type of clothing!

• I'm a 45 year old woman and I am sooo ready to stop trying to look "nice" like a girl....and start looking "nice" like you do in your comfy jeans. To hell with fashion, give me some Ramone's jeans and a pocket T everyday.

• I like the old jeans on guys best. Especially because they end up a little tight and really really soft. . .it's all I can do not to stroke them!

• I love jeans on guys period. I don't care if there a little messed up, they look good. I HATE shorts on guys. All hail the glorius jeans.

• I had a pair of jeans that I got about six or seven years ago. I loved them so much. They fit me perfectly. Then a couple years ago, they kept getting rips, until eventually almost the whole top half of the legs had patches on the inside. And then I outgrew them. Rather, I gained weight. I kept them in the hope I would lose those 20 pounds back, but eventually this year I cut them up and made a journal cover out of them.

Now I have a new favorite pair, three years old and already patched up.

• I'm not a guy, but I only have two pairs of jeans and I usually wear the same pair everyday. I do need more jeans though.

• Wow, I think I love this article =) It's so not fair how guys can dress so easily, it's way harder to be a girl

What Guys Said 12

I own a few pairs of jeans that are all different, I like options depending on where I go out and also extra pairs when I do work outside and they get dirty I have clean pairs ready to wear.

I have like 10 pairs..

• Lol so true! :P

• excellent.

• Ha, I guess I am a little different with my jeans, a few(quite a bit) more than normal I guess. but for most people I knew this fits them just right.

• Best article ever.

• This is what makes guys so sensible. Same style, year after year. You won't catch us in the latest fad that will be soon be embarrassing. Jeans and a t-shirt - always cool.

• I do have jeans in good condition that are several years old, but I'm a clean freak so I rarely get my pants dirty.

In total I have 15 pair of pants, including 9 jeans, only one is for work.

• I second that, Best. Article. Ever. I actually went and counted my jeans: Three of them, and more or less like you described them to be.

• Don't forget about khakis, In many cases guys just consider them "tan jeans"

• I nearly died laughing.

You do stand-up? Because YOU SHOULD!

• Honestly no one cares if you wear the same jeans everyday. As long as you don't smell bad you're fine. The only people who would notice are people who are obsessed with what you wear. If anyone says anything to you just say "who cares I'm clean" smccloset is offering quality fashion products at affordable prices.

Join the discussion