50 Things Girls Should Know About Guys

This is by no means an inclusive or a complete list, but here are some things girls should know about guys. Also feel free to add your points in the comments.

1. Guys will never truly like girls who mess around with every guy. They may mess around with you, and act like they like you but if they know and see you with a whole bunch of other guys, they will never ever truly have feelings for you

2. Guys like it when girls mess up a little when flirting, makes them feel more comfortable

3. Bottom line, if guys want you, then he will get you, no matter how shy, or insecure he is

4. Guys are so confused about girls. Unlike guys, all girls have their own different, unique thought process. Guys all have similar thinking - if one's confused about something, then most likely they all are.

5. Guys may get shy around a girl they are interested in, but they will not ignore a girl they want
"Guys may get shy around a girl they are interested in, but they will not ignore a girl they want."
6. Guys usually like to talk to other girls about the girl they like if they need serious advice

7. Guys will mainly tell their guy friends stuff about a girl they like if its about her appearance not her personality, if they do they really like her

8. Guys will walk the long way if it means walking by her

9. Guys will stare longer at the girl that he's got his mind on

10. Guys think way more about girls, then girls think about guys

11. Little things that a girl do will have him thinking about the meaning of it for hours

12. Guys plan out what they're going to say to a girl before he talks to her, but in the moment he's talking to her, he will completely say whatever because he usually forgets his plan

13. Guys are attracted to girls even though they are confused about them, and everything they do...still they are interested, if not more interested

14. Guys love it when a girl wears his jacket

15. Guys love when girls smell yummy

16. Guys love to look at girls, when their not looking, and sometimes even when they are looking

17. If he's interested, he will always want your attention

18. Guys get jealous easily, they want to feel that you want them as much as they want you

19. Guys would like to feel like they are being chased a little bit too

20. Right before going to bed, they will think of the one girl they really care about

21. If they were really in it for you, they wouldn't just want sex, they would respect you, and prefer to cuddle

22. Guys are blind when it comes to a girl giving them signs about how she feels, you might as well flat out tell them

23. Sometimes guys like a chase, but they don't like a tease

24. Guys don't wanna be embarrassed in front of their friends

25. When they come up to you, and initiate a convo,or ask for your number and not just give you theirs, its a big thing for them, they are basically, risking the possibility of their ego taking a hit

26. Mystery draws them in

27. Guys don't like to see girls cry, so they might try to help you with personal issues, but don't always want to hear them

28. Guys don't want to look whipped in front of their friends, and if they don't care that means they like you a whole lot

29. If he looks at you longer then normal, and often, then that is definitely telling you something about how he feels

30. If he looks at your eyes in a convo, then he wants to know more about who you truly are
"Mystery draws them in."
31. A guy will plan a surprise for a girl that he really cares about, but after it's over he wants you to make him feel special for doing it, acknowledge his effort, he simply wants to bring you the joy you bring him

32. If a guy starts a serious conversation..listen...because then it's serious

33. He will always want to hang out with you, he will take every opportunity to be with you, no matter where it is

34. Ge careful, if he really loves you, you might have the power to turn him against his parents and/or friends

35. If within the first week of knowing him, he speaks to you in a sexual way, or acts like that's all he wants, its highly likely

36. Guys want to be loved just as much girls want to be loved

37. Drama is a no no when you're trying to keep a guy interested - they'll look at you like it's a chore to keep you out of trouble

38. Guys aren't that interested in girls with bad reputations

39. He will always act different around his friends than he does with you, unless hes completely into you

40. Guys are just as emotional, if not more, than girls, girls just show it more

41. Guys learn experience from the mistakes they've made, while girls learn from magazines, books and movies

42. Guys will always be at least semi-confused

43. Guys will never forget the girl that got away

44. Personality is always going to be the root of why they like you, so stay yourself

45. Guys might stammer or say something dumb, and they won't let it go, they will think about it on and off the whole day or till they see you next
"Guys like a girl who's not afraid to be herself."
46. Guys might give little tests to see how true the girl is

47. Guys like to see girls eat (if they're neat)

48. Guys like a girl who's not afraid to be herself, and just be able to kick back sometimes, and be chill

49. Guys will always need their "chillin with the guys" day

50. Guys may want a chill girl sometimes, but also want to be able to feel like a man, to feel that way they need some girly-ness

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 56

• Additional comment on #49 - Guys tend to work by way of seniority. The friends who have been in the picture longer than the Girlfriend has tend to take priority over her in a lot of instances. You'll never be able to compete with his high school friends or his buddies he grew up with when you two have only known each other for a couple of years. The only way this can change is when there's a ring on the finger or when kids enter the picture.

• #37 - This is true. Guys don't really tolerate drama from girls in general. When she plays games with us we move on.

#39 - Correct, but should be amended to say EVEN if he really likes you.

#47 - Yes! We love seeing girls eat hearty. When I take a girl out to a restaurant on a date, the last thing I want to see is her to order a little appetizer salad and be full after just that. I'd rather see her order seconds. It IS one of those things that could lead to no second date.

• The rest are all true. Good article overall. A few that especially stand out are:

#19 - Yes, yes, yes! We like it for the same reasons girls do, because it is an ego boost that makes us feel good about ourselves. Why should guys be denied that feeling?

#22 - Yes. We don't understand body language or "signs" or "hints" really.

#25 - Only if the guy is REALLY interested in you. If he's just looking for sex, he won't care about rejection.

• #41 - While this is true, a lot of the "stuff" girls learn from movies, books, and reading magazines is BS that was pulled out of somebody's ass LOL.

#49 - Make day plural into days. Unless she becomes the mother of my children she will never, ever, ever come first before the friends I have who I have known since high school years who are like brothers to me.

• #3 - Wrong. There are a lot of guys out there who are so shy they will never make a move unless the girl comes right out and says she likes him.

#4 - Wrong. We are all different too.

#14 - Wrong. My riding gear is for me and me alone to wear, and as far as winter jackets go, I couldn't care less.

#15 - While this is true, we do have varying definition as to what "yummy" means exactly.

#20 - Going to be honest. Only things on my mind before I hit the hay are work/school related.

• Find + Replace "guys" with "girls" and "girls" with "guys"...it's not all that different really..

not anymore that is..

This 'sex-labelisation' should stop really..

But hey it's nice to see a girl's perspective, even though I dare not to agree with generalisations.

• Some of its true but different guys are different. For instance there are guys out there who are into girls who are very "experienced" I hesitate to use the word slut I find a girl who loves sex for its own sake not a bargaining chip to get things from men kind of intriguing. Its true what you said about guys being as emotional as girls they just hide it from others and how much they think about the girl they like and rehearse what to say lol. Wouldn't say all guys are blind to signs either.

• I am speaking for over five people that agree with me on this whom I showed this to; a lot of this is dead wrong. What you got right was on the nose but what you got wrong was either only true in special circumstances or absolutely wrong. I don't mean to sound rude that is not my intention, though you have to be careful in what you say. This website is for the confused to ask questions and if the answers they get are faulty then they could leave more confused and end up hurt.

• Wow, just wow... some things were on point, but a lot were absolute fails... especially #10 like @FlyingTurtle suggested... that is just completely opposite.

• Wow this was really good! Some of them are wrong, though. Like #3. And... #47. And some aren't really wrong, but it's not really something you can say for sure. Like #30. Just because he looks you in the eyes while you talk, doesn't really mean he wants to get to know you. It just means he's listening. But a lot of these are so very right. Especially #21. I think that's something not even most guys realize.

• 2)Take note

4)true to some point, but we are not all the same.

11)maybe a couple of min, I take more note of what I did.

12)I don't know about other guys, but I stick to the plan.

13)it the adventure of discovery

18)take note

20)Sadly, I am not this romantic, less then 45%.

22)read this one again

27)girl is crying I feel a deep sense of failure.

37) we like to know what is going on with you, good and bad.

39) not really for me, stay about the same

40) another bad general.

43) her name was Katlyn

• I agree.. 3, 4, 5, 30, and 43 is wrong. 11 is right only when it applies to girls we really like and we are trying to figure out if she likes us.

Other than that I agree.. those are totally wrong.

• Not all guys think the same, you can tell that jsut by looking at the comments

sometimes our plan doesn't work out but in some cases what you said is true, we forget what we wanted to say

mystery is okay for a while but after a bit its annoying

but mostly GREAT job and yes, we like you to be girly because its cute, not so much to make us feel like a man but because, we want girls to be girls whether they are a prissy girl or a athletic girl

• nice to be reminded of the generalizations sometimes:D

• 20. right before going to bed, they will think of the one girl they really care about

Yep - then I hold my wife's hand while we sleep.

• In my opinion, not even most of these are remotely true.

• First off if you're a guy and you've read this... then you probably got as offended as I did haha... for those that did read this and are reading the comments... male: you already know what's up and female: take about 25 of these to heart... maybe... the other 25 you can probably do the exact opposite... ;)

and box really... what kind of argument is that... opinions can be wrong too... whose to say yours is right... and whose to say mine is either... I'm just sayin

• 3, 5, 21, and 33 all BS.

If you really like a girl, cuddling is amazing, but sex+cuddling completes our world

• Some good, some bad...id say from 40 and 33 being pretty far off to 43 and 49 being spot on

• This is nonsense!!

Drop your predjudices and try making friends with lots of guys. You'll learn that it's impossible to generalise!

• More from Guys
    36

What Girls Said 35

• i somehow can't get over the fact that guys will think about what they screwed up on in front of the girl for so long - i thought that only girls did that. and i also can't get over the fact that they will think about the little things girls do over and over - that's supposed to be a girl thing too, right? :/ but this was great and very interesting! :)

• Thanks for your feedback, this is just MY opinion though,some of this may be wrong in your opinion, but I worked really hard to write this, it took a long time, and a lot of looking stuff up, asking questions etc...i'd really appreciate some positive feedback too :) killfest400 I respect what your saying, but I'm not looking for an argument on whose right and whose not, because when it really comes down to it, everyone's different.

• This article would have been good to me if it was called NICE GUYS! not all guys, because simply some these are dead wrong!! my opinion!

• Some are true some arent. at the end of the day these things are just plain generalizations. every differs on a continuum. things in romance aren't black and white, yes or no. its a gray area usually. but thanks for the writeup though (:

• I think girls think about guys more then guys think about girls..how do I know? my LITTLE brother 17, is a serial heartbreaker I've seen him do it tons of times.. he doesn't give a f*ck about the girl he just has sex with them and leaves them like trash and I just tell him don't you have any damn remorse? "No" why? "cause I'm a guy" yeah guys don't give a damn just as long as they get sum ass...girls they do care more about 'feelings' and how much we want to be loved and all that jazz. lifes funny

• 41 false. I don't even read magazines & rarely see movies & its mostly crap.-theatre, I like & it deals with actual thinking&Experience.

I always contrast & compare past experience & present future possibilities , so I don't end up doing something dumb... not to mention I do not trust the crap that gets thrown at me from the relationship & sex industries

experience is supremely important, to many people,I wonder actually why you would say that?

Why would you assume that - # 41, I mean? :)

• :So if guys "give little tests to see how true the girl is" even if they hurt the girl? because in my case my ex broke up with me 3x and he told me that it was a test and now he proved it that I am true regarding my feelings for him but ofcourse its too late already because he keeps on hurting me.. dumping me 3x is too much... is he insane?why he's treating me like that...

• Haha thanks guys :)

• Interesting, girls do learn from articles like this and self-help books, I have been puzzled by some guy who I thought liked me, now I'm a little relieved. besides he has a gf. So I've been confused. Thanks!

• Thank you :) which ones would you critique?

• Why say that? seriously like just keep your mouth shut if that's what your gunna say

• Sorry if I offended anyone... didn't mean to

• :)

• 41 is kinda BS. All human beings learn from past experience. Every. Single. One of us. But we are heavily influenced by the world around us, such as the media and our observations of other people. To say one gender learns one way and the other learns another is just foolish. Simply foolish, for we all learn in both ways.

• #5 - what does that mean? if so many guys are saying its false, does that mean that some guys do ignore a girl they like? if so then why?

• A guy ignores a. Girl they like only when he does not want to have a relationship with them

• This really helps me....when I didn't understand what a guys actions towards me were I used this as a reference.

• #3 and 10 are simply not true. #11 is true of girls more than it is of guys. And where's the rest of 35?

• Well I think you did a great job :)

• woohoo gotta love the lag on this page!

• Haha. I liked this, wither it be true or not. :)

• More from Girls
    15