Which glasses style do you think is the sexiest on a girl?
Close

50 Things All Girls Should Know About Guys Part 2

This is based of an earlier post by bri_asks about 50 Things Girls Should Know About Guys, but I thought I should remix it from a guy's perspective. I know I don't speak for all guys, but I've done my best.

1. Guys don’t like girls who mess around with everybody.

2. Guys like it when girls mess up a little when flirting because it makes them feel more comfortable.

3. Just because a guy likes you doesn’t mean he will get you. Many guys are very shy and, however ridiculous it is, might never confront you for fear of being rejected. It’s stupid, but it’s a fact.

4. Guys are always confused by girls. They will generally talk to other guys to try and figure stuff out, but not always.

5. Guys may get shy around a girl they are interested in, but will never ignore a girl they want. (However, they may not focus on the girl as much as one might think, as increased interaction fuels social pressure.)

6. If a guy is asking other girls questions about you, he’s serious.

7. Guys don’t talk about feelings that much, so if they talk about a girl’s appearance more than her personality, it might have something to do with his image.

8. Guys will walk the long way, if it means walking by her.

9. Guys will stare longer more frequently at the girl that he's got his mind on.

10. Guys think way more about girls then girls think about guys, apparently. I wouldn’t know from personal experience.

11. Guys will contemplate every little thing a girl does looking for hidden meaning. It’s like an English assignment for them.
"Guys will contemplate every little thing a girl does looking for hidden meaning. It’s like an English assignment for them."
12. Guys plan out what they're going to say to a girl before he talks to her, but in the moment he's talking to her, he will completely forgo his plan. If he’s smart, he’ll recognize this and start to just “wing it” (which always works better anyways, in my opinion.)

13. Guys are attracted to girls even though they are confused about them, and everything they do. It’s like Tetris: you know that you can’t ever win, but for some reason you can’t stop playing.

14. Guys love it when a girl wears his jacket. (Unless it’s really cold. They’ll still give it to you and suffer silently, but bring your own next time.)

15. Guys like the way girls smell, regardless of perfume. As much as I hate the whole Twilight thing, that part stands true.

16. If a guy never looks at you, he doesn’t like you. If he does look at you, he might like you. If you catch him looking at you frequently, he probably does like you.

17. If he’s interested and comfortable around you, he will always want your attention. If he’s interested and insecure, he’ll still want your attention, but will be very uncomfortable. Keep the conversation going, which means ask questions. Answering a few of your questions might make him confident enough to ask some of his own, which will lead to more questions on your part, and then more on his part, and boom. Conversation.

18. Guys get jealous easily. It doesn’t matter if the guy friend she’s known since she was two has been in a relationship for 10 years, he’s still the number one suspect.

19. Guys would like to know that he is worth pursuing. Seriously, there is a limit to playing hard to get.

20. Right before going to bed, guys will think of the one girl they really care about. Or about anything else going on in their life. But if the girl is the biggest thing, then yeah, it’s her.

21. If a guy likes you for the right reasons, he won’t want sex until you do. Just being with you should be enough for him.

22. Guys are blind when it comes to a girl giving them signs about how she feels, so you might as well flat out tell us. Those signs get mixed in with all the other, normal things that you do that aren’t signs, which give us mixed signals.

23. Sometimes guys like a chase, but they don't like a tease. And there’s fine line between the two, so watch yourself. They will give up after a certain degree of crap.

24. Guys don't want to be embarrassed in front of their friends. Unless it somehow makes you look like an awesome girlfriend and makes all of his friends jealous, he might actually get a confidence boost out of that one.

25. When we come up to you, and initiate a conversation, ask for your number and not just give you theirs, it’s a big thing for us. We might have been planning this moment for weeks.

26. Mystery draws us in. That doesn’t give you license to purposefully confuse us however.

27. Guys don't like to see girls cry. He will ask you what is wrong and then try to fix it. No, we can’t just talk about it. Problems require a solution, that’s how we’re built.

28. Guys don’t want to look whipped in front of their friends, but always do anyways. Such is life.

29. Staring can mean many things. He might like you, or he might not. Or you may have something in your teeth. The best way to tell is to talk to him, read his reactions.

30. If he looks in your eyes while talking to you, he feels comfortable around you. Note, that doesn’t mean he likes you, just feels comfortable.

31. A guy might do something big for a girl he likes. All he wants in return is recognition (from you), a hug, and a conversation.

32. If a guy starts a serious conversation, it’s serious. If it didn’t have to be, it wouldn’t be, but because it has to be, it is.

33. He will always want to hang out with you, unless he is very busy, hasn’t been with his guy friends in awhile, or just wants to relax by himself. Don’t be fooled, you’re still #1 on his list, even if you don’t get 24/7 attention.
"A guy might do something big for a girl he likes. All he wants in return is recognition (from you), a hug, and a conversation."
34. If he really loves you, you might have the power to turn him against his parents and/or friends. Hopefully you won’t be able to, but if you can, please don’t.

35. If you’ve only known him for a few weeks to a month and he’s already talking sexually, don’t get played. He just wants you for your body.

36. Guys want to be loved just as much s girls want to be loved. (Again, this is just speculative, as I have never been a girl. I do know that guys feed on the love from their girlfriends.)

37. Drama is bad. Don’t turn yourself into a “yes” girl, real drama is healthy drama. But don’t make more, please.

38. Guys aren't interested in girls with bad reputations. However, if it happened a long time ago and he sees that you HAVE changed, he may give you a shot.

39. No matter how comfortable you are with each other, he will always put on more of a show for you, to try and make himself look just a tiny bit better.

40. Guys are very emotional, they just don’t show it. Which is unhealthy and stupid, but we can’t help it. Guys practiced at containing emotion are very hard to read. This applies not only to negative emotions, but positives as well. He might refrain from showing his affection for you for fear of scaring you away. Again, no bueno.

41. Guys don’t forget relationship experience, they are crafted from past relationships.

42. Guys will always be at least somewhat confused.

43. The girl that got away will always be a “what if” in his mind.

44. Personality is what attracted us to you in the first place, don’t ever change yours. (Not including finals week, that certain time of the month, or other serious issues.)

45. Guys might apologize for something they did or said a week ago, it’s been torturing them ever since. Even if they never apologize, they might still feel it.

46. Guys might give little tests to see how true the girl is. Or they may not. So just stay true, it’s the safest route.

47. Guys like to see girls eat (if there neat.) It’s intriguing for some weird reason. Probably because you’re (hopefully) not cramming two slices of pizza in your mouth at the same time or chugging fries while driving.
"Guys like the way girls smell, regardless of perfume."
48. Guys like a girl who’s not afraid to be herself, and just be able to kick back sometimes, and be chill.

49. Guys will always need to hang out with other guys sometimes. The estrogen eventually gets overwhelming.

50. Guys may want a chill girl sometimes, but they always want a girl. (Disregarding homosexuality, you know what I mean.)

What Girls Said 43

• interesting!

• Interesting, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting! I agree with many points!

• Thanks for this 😀

• Sigh. This put me in a really romantic mood.

• As I was reading this, I was thinking "wow, girls do that too." it's amazing how similar we are.

• This one really amazed me:

He will always want to hang out with you, unless he is very busy, hasn?t been with his guy friends in awhile, or just wants to relax by himself. Don?t be fooled, you?re still #1 on his list, even if you don?t get 24/7 attention.

I still have a hard time understanding that one about men.�

• I am going to print this out.

• there's this guy that always stares at me and we lock eyes a lot like almost everytime i see him, but once when i smiled at him while he was sitting and staring into my eyes he just stared with a blank expression? Do you know what it means?

• @5666783837
      it happens that when we stare so much, we don´t see anything but the eyes. try it again with smiling.
      second possibility is... well he is bored. need a place to look at. well it happens to me when i don´t know what to do with my eyes.
      third. you are just interesting for him. as a human.

• dude that's interesting

• put me in a romantic mood lol guys can be really cute things, what are those ogres we see irl sometimes then? lol
    guys please try to show more of those things you hide i almost melted just reading this lol

• well guys don´t show it. we are insecure what the reaction be.
      for my experience it was: if I open myself, girls simply can´t handle it, are confused or even creeps them out. that is... mean.
      so being true with a girl... nah. can hurt.

• @Skyrim

well being cold can hurt too :P and acting like these ogres also really hurt lol
      everything is god in moderation. and not too early when you see a girl as well

oh and yea i agree some girls really dont like that (when guys open up) but some guys do it in a way that can be overwhelming lol

• 43 is sad but sweet

• Wow! This can help with my tough situation more. :D

• 44 made me lol 'that certain time of the month' =D This was really helpful! =] Thanx for posting it!

• Wow that's intresting

• Okay, so the guy I like has told one of our mutual friends that he "thinks I like him and he thinks he might like me also." Is he saying this because he really does like me and doesn't want to sound too overzealous or what? And I told him I liked him the next day but he never said anything back. We've talked since then, but never about that. Should I not have told him that I like him? What's going on?

• Great article ! I love how I recognize almost everything you listed as something I've noticed in my boyfriend :)

• Good to know!

• wow! I wish I had read this 7 months ago. Altho, I will say that I try not to be confusing(doesn't always work tho), and have never tried to change myself for anyone. But I understand what you're saying about the mystery, that's why I don't lay all my cards on the table the first chanceI get. Good Article!

• Absolute beaut. ups bro.

• 43. The girl that got away will always be a “what if” in his mind.

I don't like that one lol

I think a lot of these apply to girls, too, though.

• More from Girls
    23

What Guys Said 30

• You know what's strange? I thought this was another one of those buzzfeed kinda bs where it's "## reasons" list but somehow this is pretty accurate.

Although I am 28 and NEVER once said to the 4 girls I've ever liked in my life that I like her. I hope you girls understand that in traditional dating at least what we see is that we're the one that has to initiate the convo, getting the number (although sometimes these days I see more often girls just giving the guy the number), plan and pay for the date, and making sure everything goes smoothy.

It's a lot of stress just thinking about that to a shy person.

• I feel sorry for which every guy has to deal with all 50 of this. that is some unlucky guy. I probably only relate to like 35 of this. (didn't count, may be more)

• I can confirm all of the above is correct.

• I agree with you bro..
    Are articles allowed now?

• I agree in almost everything, and specially points 22,27,31,33,35,36,40,42,43 and 44. Although most of them are totslly true.

• I think your strongest point; for me personally, at least: "Guys would like to know that he is worth pursuing. Seriously, there is a limit to playing hard to get."

I like to try and convince myself that certain women are just playing hard to get; but, being completely honest with myself, I know that women think I'm apparently not worth any genuine interest. It's a terrible feeling.

• Girls study this list because everything is true. I think girls give guys too much of a bad wrap. We think about you way more than you think about us, we just don't show it. We really really want a relationship with a wonderful girl. We are not just about sex. Guys try to perfect themselves JUST FOR YOU. We are insanely happy even if we just get to talk to you for 10 sec. We care about you so much and just want to make you as happy as possible. Give us a break because we LOVE YOU!

• The smell quote OMG so trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• not every guy is similar

• I just thought of some important ones. If you are dating a guy who likes a lot of other girls but is partial towards you- try changing your get-up at times. It fools a guys brain into thinking they are with a new girl. If committed, try to keep the chase factor alive.
    Make the guy feel wanted in bed.
    Charm trumps looks and sex appeal.

• best are

8 14 (and their hats especially a backwards baseball cap) 28 31 32 40 (I wish I wasn't like that I got good in High School) 49

• Mmmhhhmm eerie ...quite true..except point 42 is false

• 32. If it didn’t have to be, it wouldn’t be, but because it has to be, it is.

I really like the way you used those words. Thank you for makijng this list.

• 13. It’s like Tetris: you know that you can’t ever win, but for some reason you can’t stop playing.

16. If a guy never looks at you, he doesn’t like you. If he does look at you, he might like you. If you catch him looking at you frequently, he probably does like you

18. It doesn’t matter if the guy friend she’s known since she was two has been in a relationship for 10 years, he’s still the number one suspect.

28. Such is life.

• If I could I would give you my Man Card because you deserve 2

• @swiftsaver602: If a guy is trying to initiate sexual things, it's not to see where the girl stands. More often than not, that means he doesn't care about where the girl stands. Guys should wait for the girl to make the first sexual "move" (aka, hint or whatever) and tread the waters carefully. A guy who cares will be cautious not to go farther than a girl wants to go. Period.

• Great article dude. Very very real.

• Great article

• 12 is so true shah, 14 is hilarious, 20 .SO TRUE, 21 ..right on point. lots of girls don't seem to get this and give in right away and wonder why the guy won't answer their calls anymore.

25 YES! freaking true!girls please recognize this and make this a experience just a little easier for us yes?

34 .this is sacred male knowledge, and should not have been disclosed buddy loll. 35 .girls, this is true sh*t. 36 .i would say so as well my friend

40 .loll true.

pretty much about 98% accurate

• #19 is so true.

• More from Guys
    10

Join the discussion

0/2500