My Take on Being What Might Be Considered a 10/10 Guy (Not as Jolly)

My take on being a 10/10 male

I just read a take that was featured about being a ten of ten guy and I will be honest, it did not sound right. Almost all of the things mentioned to happen were true but it was emotionally void. I am often fairly frustrated due to my level of (potential) attractiveness. I have a hard time readily admitting I am a 10/10 because I struggle with image issues, likely what pushed me to work out and get into bodybuilding as I have; to myself I will never be perfect despite what others tell me.

The Bad

Relationships and gals;

I am hit on by what would be considered some of the most attractive girls at my University, but in truth it seems as though a lot of girls that consider themselves to be average are too intimidated to approach me. I can see them staring and quickly looking away and sometimes I have even approached them (because I like them!); when I do they almost always reveal that they liked me but could not understand how I could possibly like them. This is very frustrating to me and has led to the downfall of many relationships due to a lack of security on my partners part simply due to the attention I receive. Generally the tradionally "attractive" girls that do approach me have attitude's and egos that I dislike upon getting to know them. I also have tons of woman that have "used" me; by this I mean that they expect me to be the hook up kind of guy and have gotten close to me with the intention of sleeping with me and moving on when I am not really looking for that. Which leads to another issue...

Its better to just let it go away;

Men can not even complain about this sort of thing. Other guys would consider them unmanly or foolish, labeling them as homosexuals simply for not enjoying hook ups. I have been sexually assaulted on multiple occasions and all woman save my current girlfriend have been unable to even admit what has happened to me is sexual assault. With multiple partners I have said I did not want to have sex at the time and would tell them I needed rest and would be down later. Those partners generally act cute, take off their clothes, and act as sexy as they can while I am forced to do my best to not offend them least I be yelled at for "not finding them attractive or not loving them". The scenes have progressed to them reaching in my pants and rubbing my penis while claiming "See you are hard you want it."... Generally I just resign with the realization that I am mostly helpless. I am unable to confide in men, can't explain to my significant other, and judicial forces would not take me seriously... And even if they did I would be labeled as a loser and idiot by every other man in the world. Further, I am touched all the time at bars and clubs without permission; the woman generally praising my muscles and somehow finding that as an acceptable enough excuse. I have had girls kiss me randomly. On one occasion a girl asked to kiss me, I said "no" and she proceeded to lean in and smooch even as I backed up and repeated "NO" and "NO!!!" Progressively louder until she did and made a face at me and yelled "Jerk!" To which all of her friends also insulted me for being a douche and avoided me for the rest of the night. My friends cracked up and said "Only John would yell at a girl to stop kissing him" and found it the story of the night to joke about.

"Hey bro what supplements are you taking?"

Men act in a variety of ways; almost every new guy I meet asks me about the gym and lifting in one form or another. Random men try and fight me or insert themselves between myself and my girlfriend in an attempt to test themselves and discover the level of their own attractiveness. I find men constantly attempt to find ways to tease me or put me down in other ways in an attempt to find ways to elevate themselves socially. They test boundrries to see what they can get away with so they look cool in public. Others do everything to please me and try to be my friend so that they too are "cool". True friends without motive are hard to come by.

Invites thanks guys;

Men more than woman text me as I find they are more aggressive about finding mates; they ask me to join them and hangout or invite me to a party, my only assumption that they think hanging out with me will elevate their sexual appeal.

I am straight;

Gay men constantly nag me as well sending me provocative pictures as well as refusing to let up when I tell them I am not gay. On multiple occasions I have had them ask how much it would cost for me to send nudes, on one occasion "How much to suck your dick?".

Girlfriend probs

Men with girlfriend's always seem to avoid me being around their SO and deepen their voice and push their boundrries when in their presence, especially noted when at the pool or Beach and my shirt is off.

The Good

Despite all that I mentioned I still believe I would prefer it to the other extreme, but I certainly believe that those that can be happy with an average body and can accept a partner of average attractiveness will live better/happier lives than those in the "10/10" group. I will mention some of the effects that are positive and the reason I continue to lift and strive despite all of the aforementioned negative.

On freeing oneself;

I was not always attractive. In middle school I was the chubby kid and I understood when jokes were directed at me from across the hallway. I felt every ridicule and rejection like a knife to the back which I consider to be a blessing because I am now able to empathize with those that are now in that position. This treatment causes many different young kids to retaliate in different ways: some integrate into a social group that does not praise athleticism, some devote themselves to schoolwork with a passion noting that they will be the bullies boss one day, others retreat inward and avoid social contact, and some (as in my case) choose to lift. The process was amazing to watch. I got lean fast and then began to put muscle on quickly with a perfect nutrition plan and discipline fueled by a desire to shut up the naysayers, get the girls of my dreams, and never be looked down on again. I could SEE the way that others treated me differently day to day. The body language shift being the most notable as my old bullies avoided looking at me and woman stole glances. I became confident as nobody made fun of me any longer for anything I chose to do... I was able to express my true self by loudly declaring my love for star wars and making weird fashion choices. But the only response was my old bullies also revealing that they liked Star Wars and that it was cool despite having witnessed them knock the Star Wars cards of a good friend to the ground only two weeks hence. I was free. And remain so, and it is beautiful to be unconcerned with my hobbies and decisions being met by the ridicule of others.

The woman of my dreams;

It is hard to complain about not finding a good girlfriend when I did end up with the woman of my dreams thanks to a mutual appreciation of the gym and as she puts it "I just had to touch your abs.". She is way more attractive than myself and could only be defined as a 20/10, but she is empathetic and has a great personality. We both share the same type of story and sit down in the evenings and show each other all the random guys and girls that messaged us acting weird with the intent of stealing us away from the other. For the sake of brevity and the fact that I could gush over her all day... I simply must admit that I would not have the pleasure of her companionship without the looks I sometimes condemn.

Attention... But didn't you say it was bad?;

Despite it sometimes being annoying it is nice to be complimented, and it is nice to always be invited to things. It feels good to have a bunch of people trying to be your friend and have them cheer upon your arrival. It is awesome to start speaking and capture everyone's attention as you tell a story that does not deserve the following snorts of laughter and proclamation of my apptitude for comedy. But, when you are lonely there are always those that want you around... The alternative is a life of unjust loneliness that I could not bare.

Let's Wrap this up

I had no intention of writing this much especially as it was done on my phone. I did not edit the post as it was never expected to be of this size. I doubt anyone will read it full but in the event you do, thanks! At the very least it was nice to vent. I posted Anon but will read and answer comments.

In the end, I could not live life another way. I still choose this life, though I recognize it's pitfalls. I do believe that it is a character flaw however, and wish I could be content with less than striving for perfection. On some torturous days it is hard to find happiness even with the girl of my dreams close by; and likewise, she feels the same. Everyone deserves happiness, and we all must find it in our own way. Most importantly, never consider yourself better than anyone because you are more attractive, or if you did become the bullies boss, or if you belong to an influencial progressive organization that seeks social justice and to eliminate the behaviors of others that lead to the social issues we all must live with. It is not the individuals fault; it is simply their way of coping with the same problems we all face.

Thanks,

A dude wearing a hat

1224
Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 12

• 6d

I am kind of torn... on one hand, I appreciate this myTake, so I want you to understand that. On the other hand, this type of myTake, I think, brings up a couple of pet peeves for some people--especially a lot of the type of people on sites like this. So... just for your awareness, and maybe for others, too:

1) I can't understand why people write articles, blog posts or myTakes about how everyone hates them because they're hot or about what it's like looking the way they do, and expect everyone to take their word for it in terms of how they look, i. e. there is no picture OF THE FACE provided. The one time I have ever read something like this from or about someone and pictures were there, it was that whole Samantha Brick "women won't be friends with me because of how attractive I am" thing from a few years ago (Google it if you need to)... and most people immediately were like, "Uhhhh, she's not as attractive as she says she is." Some of us got called haters, predictably, but truthfully... no, she was not "a 10" or even a "9." I have found that most people who say or think they are especially attractive really aren't.

2) Personally--and again, I appreciate this myTake, so I mean no offense--I cannot stand when people complain about how hard it is to date or to socialize with other people or make friends, and then they casually mention having a girlfriend or a boyfriend. I mean... just... do you know that some people have NOBODY? Like, some "10" women just have NOBODY and never have because of their looks? Do you know there are probably some people your age and older who have NEVER been able to get a girlfriend or a boyfriend? It's one thing to talk about the difficulties of dating and not have a girlfriend, but when you point to the issues and then talk about this great girlfriend who seems to be everything you want and stuff... I mean, you kind of undo everything or lose credibility.

To me, if you have a great girlfriend, why does pretty much any of the other stuff you discussed bother you? If it were me, I would not care how other guys act or how other women act--my girlfriend and the real friends I have, if any, would be all that matter.

I might have had another pet peeve, but I forgot it.

• 5d

Thanks so much for the comment. I noted that having a girlfriend does contradict my grievances in the take. This take was in response to another that did not sit right with me titled "My take on being a 10/10 guy.", I attempted to imply that nobody can be certain they actually are a 10/10 as beauty is in the eye of a beholder, hence the title (might be considered). In addition, I am trying to remain anonymous or else I would share a face pic; but the point is irrelevant as I do not consider anyone to be a true 10/10 and did not want the article to come down to an argument about my attractiveness. I wanted to share some issues that males face without taking credit for my appearance or gaining any prestige or followers from it.

Thank you for your criticisms as I am not an amazing writer. This is my first (and likely last) take.

• 5d

But anyone can go through the same stuff regardless of what number they are on he attractive scale... In my opinion it's all in how you see your self and how you feel about yourself... you evidently see yourself as perfect...

but...

All in all, in the end anyone can be a 10/10 to the right person... the person interested in you for more than just a fuck... as you said many girls is the only thing they were after which should tell you clearly you were NOT THEIR 10/10 guy, or else they'd want something more meaningful with you than just to do you... however, to your girl now to her, you are a 10/10 considering she aims to keep you... and vise versa... perhaps to someone else she may overly well be a 6/10 maybe lower rather than a 20/10 which is what she is to you...

My point:::: nobody is truly a 10/10 and yet anyone can be a 10/10 to the right person... and anyone can encounter the exact same experiences you encountered without being exactly a truly attractive person... but this is all common sense... having a number of people who want someone else sexually doesn't make that person a 10 out of 10, especially if that's all that's wanted from that person. 💁🏼! The end.

• 5d

I agree completely.

• 6d

I read this take because, recently, I was an average girl that a model good looking 10/10 guy to everyone was trying to talk to kept approaching me. And it freaked me out. I had put on 10 pounds, was very short and then had a giant sty on my eye and was trying to stay away from people and I just thought the worst of him. I thought he was a jerk just trying to hurt me, by him even flirting with me to me because he could have any one. And especially because I met my dream guy who turned out to use me for sex I wanted to stay away from all douche bags and he... looked like a douchebag for simply being attractive. I even shook scaredy when he would come up to me and try to talk to me in the elevator. And that was not fair of me and when I finally approached him in the future to try to make up for it, by offering to hang out as friends he turned me down really harshly saying he was dating someone, and I didn't know why, I was only trying to get to know him as a friend. I found out why when my girlfriends I'd confided in and I'd show them his picture, they would get pretty weird. One male friend started to follow him on instagram and talk about how hot he was, and another friend after I said I was over him, would have a heart attack everytime he walked by. I then felt bad because all of the extreme treatment, would exhaust me. I got why he was upset when I wouldn't give him the time of day, and just judged him... I even said he looked like a player and a jerk and now its too late but I understand the prejudice that even hot guys face and that they are not all narcissistic jerks out to hurt me and no one deserves that kind of treatment. I read this take because I thought of him and I feel bad that I treated someone like a monster who genuinely maybe wanted to know me, and now I think I can emphasize better.
    I also like your love story too :3 When I lose weight I am considered pretty (maybe an 8) so I get that, and it confuses me sometimes. And I always feel like my fat 12 year old self even when i do lose weight... how did you get out of that and able to see yourself as good looking?
    Sometimes, I find when I lose weight, people who would otherwise ignore fat me become upset that I don't speak to them. ugh. I feel I don't really get messages so much but I think that you all sharing texts is adorable and I am glad you found you found someone who gets it, i wonder what its like, I dont think I will be showing my future boyfriend texts of anyone trying to get meTT. TT

• 5d

Thank you so much for the comment. Honestly, it was really hard for me to admit I was good looking. It took years of lifting. To this day I still complain to my girlfriend about getting small when I don't lift for a couple days. Really it was just tons and tons of compliments that made me feel like I could finally accept myself. I said "They can't all be wrong.". But it was not until I reached that point of security that I realized I could have been happier much earlier if I had just accepted myself. I am certain you will find someone honesty is key.

• 5d

Can't believe I just read it.
    It's good to know that your not type of guy that just because he's attractive they act conceded and think they could get any girl. Or act some time of because they think they are good looking. I have confessed to guys that were attractive as you and got turned down or they just looked at me weird. But that happens I guess. Glad to know that you found someone. :)

But definitely would say you did get sexual assaulted.

I do agree that I don't think anyone should think that they are better then anyone cause at the end of the day no one is perfect. Everyone has there flaws. What should matter is on the inside not the outside.

• 5d

I totally agree with you. you should like someone for their personality, not their looks.

• 5d

@iloveromance πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

• 4d

Getting rejected is all part of the game. I get rejected all the time. Oh I have a boyfriend. Approach 100 girls who say they have a boyfriend. Lol You got rejected it's just an easy way out for them.

• 5d

I'm glad you are humble. Lol XD :)

• 6d

Great take, dude. Perfectly explained

• 5d

Thanks so much!

• 5d

My pleasure :) I don't exactly relate; I'm not a 10/10 girl, but this is a really good explanation. I have always liked to think that even attractive people have hearts and are deeper than they are portrayed and you have just shown that. I wish the rest of the world could see because attractive people have such bad reps

• 5d

That was the intent of my take and I am very happy that some people got the gist of it. It was not supposed to be about me specifically or getting hung up on the claim of 10/10. Thanks again! And everyone is a 10/10 to someone.

• 5d

there's different reasons for being ugly
    at least ugliness from chubbiness is not forever...
    (can't say for the other reasons)
    glad you got over it

for something written on the phone, it's pretty well-written

• 5d

Thank you for the compliment. First time posting and a little nervous haha

• 6d

I feel ya :'(

• 7d

Wow everyone should read this.

• 6d

I'm sorry that you were sexually asulted. i hope that you will be able to move on after that. I'm glad that I'm ugly as shit and do not have to deal with those problems

• 5d

Everyone is beautiful be happy that those that turn you down for such a reason did, it helps to easily weed out those that do not deserve you.

• 6d

Judging by that photo, you're a 9/10 for me.

• 5d

Certainly could be the case. Mayhaps even less in the eyes of some. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not believe in objective tens.

• 5d

Yeaa he is good enough for you to continue cheating on your fiance... :-D hahaha

• 4d

@singlebee Yes, he is.

• 6d

So almost everything you've talked about involves appearances and how differently people treat you based on that, maybe you're attracting that type of attention but it's all you put off? Because you really didn't say more than a couple of sentences regarding your personality or your future perfect girlfriend's.

• 5d

that'strue.

• 5d

Well it comes across like that's all you care about honestly but I see lol

• 5d

Thanks, and I am not surprised if it does as this is my first take and I am a novice writer.

What Guys Said 24

• 6d

So some women like you and guys wanna be like you. You transformed from a chub to stud but what is the purpose behind this take really?

• 5d

So I'm pretty sure a lot of this was taken from a TED talk that I saw a while back. I'll find it tomorrow. This all sounds like common sense. I deal with a lot of the same issues to a lesser extreme, but none the less, I'm not a 10/10. I think this is written on a sort of fantasy for the fact that you didn't even upload a face pic. How is anyone not calling that out? Any creative blog writer could write something like this.

A 10/10 is logically is better than everyone for the fact that vast majority of population values beauty to an extreme. You would inherently have an upper hand in almost every avenue you face in life. Someone at this level is at an extreme advantage in life and no amount of humble words are going to change that. You'll face issues like any other human being but these issues you face are pretty much invalid in comparison to someone who is ugly.

I also wanted to state that 10/10s rarely exist. If you were truly a 10/10 you would be famous for your looks whether you wanted to or not. Again, you didn't upload a face pic.

• 5d

Im a bodybuilder myself. You have a nice frame but you just look like another forum member on the misc. I'm also going to upload this to bodybuilding misc forums. We have some pretty gnarly detectives on there. I saved your physique picture. I'm going to find out who you really are. If you are a 10/10 and have gotten into bodybuilding then your pictures are on the Internet.

• 4d

It just sounds like this was written by a miscer. That forum is obsessed with lookism. But yeah you can message me.

• 4d

chico_brah das it mayne.

• 5d

www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(e).gif

Don't worry, I read everything you wrote in full and I thoroughly enjoyed.

In fact, it was one of the most enjoyable takes I have read so far on this pitiful website.

I won't consider myself anything near a 10/10 but I can empathise with the hardships of finding true friends. And many people have "friends" hovering around for status symbols and just want to use you. It horrible and it can have a big impact on one's self-esteem.

It feels, much like being a 10/10 female, you are almost being fully objectified by every people you come in contact with. I actually think it could be even worse than being a 10/10 male because 10/10 males are very hard to come by and, socially, every ounce of attention a male receives should be cherished since the majority of males won't even get a sniff from the opposite sex.

I agree, just because a female wants sexual action doesn't mean she is entitled to it. Maybe it is true that females handle rejection way worse than males... I don't know. I also agree that whatever those females were doing to you, it is sexual assault; regardless of how your body reacts and even if your penis grows hard.

I also agree an endless amount of attention is better than little to no attention at all. For you though, it would seem like that the kind of attention you receive isn't always the kind of attention you would like to have. Especially if you aren't interested in NSA sex.

I'm glad you found someone who you can commit to. I also respect that you yourself admit you "would not have the pleasure of her companionship without the looks [you] sometimes condemn." It just goes to show, being a 10/10 does make you more likely to find the person of your dreams.

www.court-records.net/.../miles-smirk(c).gif

The last thing I want to add is that if you wanna talk about it more, you can PM me.

Stay strong my fellow brother.

• 5d

That was a great response brother; thank you so much. It is frustrating to hear some of the responses from people that clearly did not read the post, or at the very least are a testament to my inability to convey to the reader what I desire. Thanks for understanding and reading! If you want to talk about anything specific​ly than I would be happy to pm.

• 5d

www.court-records.net/animationgk/miles-bow(b).gif

I would be glad to. Just drop me a PM whenever you are ready to get the ball rolling.

• 6d

dude im not even a 10 and I have stories just like you
    but im a more private person so this is not a constant thing for me
    plus I don't get out much anymore I know the truth

but dude don't complain when I use to have girls around me all the time
    I thought I was the best , after a while it gets boring,

and yes I use to work out
    have gay men hit on me
    have girls hit on me
    some would follow me around, it was a different time in my life
    now I stay to myself, only about 8% of American population is what im limited to and that's females only SOOO!!! YES IM VERY PICKY

if the girl does not believe what i believe I consider her stupid
    my guess is your extent is higher then mine when it comes to these stories at least in theory anyway

• 6d

No offence but.. Does everyone not just know this?

Like, I read all of it, And have nothing against you writing it.. just seems.. kinda common sensy? you're basically the epitome of humanity. The rest of us are scum. Like.. ya we know. Haha.

• 5d

My article does not imply anyone is scum. We are all equal and I attempted to illustrate an equality while downplaying the importance of being a "10". Though I am not an amazing writer and likely fell short of my goal. Thank you for the comment.

• 5d

Being a 10/10 can be great, but also horrible as the perfect outside can blind many people to the inside. I always think being a hot celebrity would be depressing since everyone would want you for money, looks, and fame. The heart needs blood to beat, likewise it needs the proper emotions and thrill.

• 5d

Your what's wrong with the world pal. So up yourself you're nearly a donut. That's the most feminine self image I've ever heard of. Girls are supposed to preen in front of the mirror and love themselves not men. Never occur to you people don't like you coz your vain and shallow and it's got fuck all to do with jealousy. You can't have any decent mates. No way

• 5d

Humbleness is overrated! Manwhore it up!
    Dont waste whatchur mama gave you!

• 5d

Same problem. They assume that we're takin or soemthing and never approach

• 4d

Totally agree with you brah, ever since I became aesthetic, about a 9/10, guys always stare at me, eye me up and down, try to start shit with me, they talk to any girl I talk to and try to flirt with them, they try to out-alpha me or out lift me, and try to make shitty jokes to try and bring me down - either that or guys try to be my best mates as well in the gym. Giving me the nod and trying to get into my circle.

Girls also act intimidated as fuck and never initiate, they just stare at me and twirl their hair and act shy.

• 1d

Glad you can relate man.

• 5d

Nice take! I read every word of your take...

What do you mean by "On some torturous days it is hard to find happiness even with the girl of my dreams close by; and likewise, she feels the same."

• 4d

Thanks for the response. I am specifically referencing the need to remain attractive; despite having all that we want we still beat ourselves up about eating a cheat meal or looking smaller muscularly, or bigger in the wrong ways even when nothing has changed. It is hard to ever feel completely secure.

• 4d

Dude, you are certainly not 10/10. David Gandy is only 9/10, and you can't be more attractive than him.
    You sound like you are 7/10.

• 6d

Do you have a huge penis?

• 4d

Thank you so much for making me depressed again.

• 4d

I completely agree with your first point "relationships and gals"

• 1d

Thanks so much!

• 5d

Better than being a 4.5 guy and no one liking you :(

• 6d

Hehe...

• 5d

Ha! A guy who's complaining about getting too much women! I guess unicorns and superman are real too! You're bitching about getting too many girls, but yet here I am damn near killing myself not getting any girls to acknowledge my existence. Before you start complaining, think about the people who find it impossible to get girls. People (like myself) would die to be in the position you are in today (except the sexual assault part). I don't know why you think you're so miserable when for one, you can't get girls off of you, and two, you have an aesthetic body. Be blessed.

• 5d

Can you put a link to the take about what makes a 10/10 guys please?

• 5d

You have the problem most guys wish they had. However I too was part of the "good looking" club back when I was in college. But I lacked self confidence at the time to take advantage of it OR when hot girls did approach me (not that common but it did happen) I would freeze up thinking it was too good to be true. Hindsight is 20/20 but I really do wish for a time machine sometimes.

Anyway enjoy your power. Sounds like you are one of those few guys who pick and choose women given that you hit the genetic lottery. I will tell you that this power will fade as you get older (unless you are rich/famous).

• 5d

Thank you for your response and advise. I will not be either rich or famous so I will prepare myself for the inevitable.

• 4d

Also about the sexual harassment part. I too had that happen a few times. I've had random girls slap my butt (one grabbed my crotch) at clubs and bars. It's not like I am unable to defend myself. But the fact that it's "comical" and the HUGE double standard in our society really pisses me off.

• 1d

It is rarely addressed honestly. Mostly because it is "not that big of a deal".

• More from Guys
    4