The Secret to Reading a Woman's Body Language

Body Language Secret #1

There is an obvious height disadvantage (or advantage depending on your point of view) that women have. Women, on average, are about 5.5 inches shorter than men. These differences over the years have caused several interesting opportunities for a body language expert to take advantage of.

If you want a woman to be comfortable around you...for her to like you (and this is true whether you are a man or a woman) and say "yes" to you.... do whatever you can to keep your eye level below hers. Here's why. Women often have several negative feelings that mix together to form... a mess.... when they communicate with others. The feelings are those of inadequacy, resentment, frustration, annoyance and a few others. These feelings are suppressed when you sit so that your eye level is lower than hers.

Body Language Secret #2

The next technique I want to share with you is something I didn't discover by accident, but by investigation. For many years, the so-called experts have said that an excellent way to build a bond was to lean into the conversation. Position your body closer and lean toward the person you are talking to.
"Men & women report feeling more uncomfortable & LOWER levels of liking when people "lean in" to them early in a conversation."

My experience has been that when people do this immediately, I react with a "bolt" bit of a negative reaction. Was it just me? Was it random? Did my reaction mean anything?

Gogus olculeri

It turns out that it did. (And they don't all turn out this way or this good.) The vast majority of men and women report feeling significantly more uncomfortable and LOWER levels of liking when people "lean in" to them early in a conversation which causes negative reactions and a "no" reaction verbally. However, the "technique" does indeed bear fruit but again not so early in the conversation.

Body Language Secret #3

A long time ago I was taught that when people look in certain directions, it indicated that the mind was accessing different parts of the brain to gather information. It turns out this was not correct. But it was during this time that I came across this unknown secret, if you will.

When two people are communicating and the eye contact is "consistent" and "useful" (those are elements that I define in the program and will not go into here) people feel significantly more comfortable when the other person "breaks" their eye contact by looking down instead of up. Not only did this turn out to be a liking issue but it has also been reported to be a trust issue. In other words, when people are breaking their eye contact up, up and to the left, eye level and to the right... the other person is responding negatively and not neutrally or positively.
GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 6

• #2 I've never realized it before nor have I ever put it in words before, but this is spot on! I do feel intimidated if a guy leans in when talking to me. I'd feel like he's entering my personal space and I'd feel the urge to shift a couple of cm away from him. It looks a little too eager, tbh.

• Wow, this really was an interesting article. I had never thought about these things before, and you really are right about misconceptions! Thanks!

• I agree with the eye contact; people feel uncomfortable whenever the other person has their eyes constantly on them, not only because one may feel that they are trying to read everything about you, but also because girls may feel like there is something wrong.

I hate it when people look at me too much during a conversation, sometimes it feels like fake interest but other times like they may see things that I don't want them to see. Is polite to every now and then to look away, I think.

• Lol I'm 5 11 :D XD

• " Women often have several negative feelings that mix together to form... a mess.... when they communicate with others. The feelings are those of inadequacy, resentment, frustration, annoyance and a few others. These feelings are suppressed when you sit so that your eye level is lower than hers."

What are you talking about?

More from Girls
1

What Guys Said 5

• Good article.

• #3 sounds kinda obvious because when you roll your eyes you generally look up but other than that everything sounds interesting

• This is pretty good. And another thing I read about is hand placement. When my hand is touching my chin - the words are usually on the tip of my tongue. Hand on my head -I'm thinking of what to say.

Talking with hands included - generally comfortable around the person.

Hands in pockets or folded - somewhat comfortable/could be shy

Crossed arms - not a good sign.lol.

And how do they carry them self when walking - shy/confident/busy/easygoing/sad/happy

Usually. This is general, for most, not all.

• I have to disagree about the arms being folded.

I'll raise my hand and plead guilty,buts more of a habit than anything.

• Haha, whenever I get into a conversation and I am thinking about what I am about to say, I space out and just stare someplace else till I get what I need. For instance if someone asked me a question that has me stumped for a few seconds. I always space out looking down.