• Ask
  • myTake

Signs He Likes You, Signs He Doesn't

"Does he like me?"

Are you wondering if a certain guy likes you? Here, I will help you answer it once and for all.

First, it's important for you to know that men, even with our best intentions, are not good at expressing how we feel. Leaving you hanging is not always part of the plan...sometimes guys just don't know how to tell you they like you.

Perhaps it's because our parents don't teach us how (obviously our fathers don't know because they are men and our mothers don't know what's really going on in our head because they aren't men), or maybe because everything we see in society says guys shouldn't express emotions and feelings and we buy into it. It might even be hardwired into our genetics since long ago when we saw something we wanted, we hit it with a club and took it home with us (speaking of which, please don't try this, I wont get into details, but trust me).

Society says guys shouldn't express emotions and feelings and we buy into it.

Whatever the reason is, it comes as no surprise that women are typically clueless about how we feel about them . So I am acting as an ambassador to help decode the signals men send and try to explain how a guy will act if he likes you.

I have talked to a lot of women that have questions about whether or not the guy that they are interested in is interested in them. If this guy looks at me every time I pass him, or "What does it mean when a guy. . ." , or perhaps "This guy asked me for my number, but he hasn't called". Honestly, I could go on for hours about thousands of particular does this guy like me situations. I believe, however, that whether a guy likes you or whether he doesn't can be summed up into just one sign (that has thousands of variations):

Gogus olculeri
It doesn't matter what he is, or is not doing, the important thing is that he is (or isn't) doing it around you.

He is either around you or he isn't.

More than 98% of the time, if a guy likes you, then he is going to be around you. It doesn't matter if he is not talking directly to you or even blatantly ignoring you. Even if he is making fun of you, picking fights or punching you in the arm and then running away. One way or another, no matter what he is doing, he is doing it around you, and I guarantee you, this is true for men of all ages.

This doesn't mean that your interested man is going to be right next to you, or even within a few feet of you. But typically, if he is interested in you, he will find reasons to be close to you, even if that closeness means that he is only able to look at you from across the room.

If you really think about it, you will see exactly what I mean. What does it mean that every day when I see him in the hall, he looks right at me? That doesn't matter, what matters is that every day he has found a way to pass you in the hall so that he CAN look at you. Why does this guy always make fun of me? Because if he grunted, you would think that he was weird, and he has no other way to tell you that he likes you. But he never says anything to me! I'll bet why that is so frustrating to you is because he is always close enough to say something, but he never does. See what I am talking about?

Ladies, I also think that it's important that you understand that most men, no matter how old we get, never grow out of this. On the flipside of this coin, no matter what a guy is doing, if he is not doing it around you, typically he has no interest in you. Even if what he is doing are exactly like the examples above, if he is not around you more times than not, he probably doesn't have any feelings for you.

Every time I start to get close, he goes somewhere else, or My class is next to his, but I never see him in the hallway, or perhaps a little more extreme I went back to his apartment the next day, and someone else was living there. Just as we have trouble telling someone we do like them, we have the same trouble telling someone we don't. So, instead, we avoid you.

Some might say that we as men are just scared of rejection, and I believe that is true to some degree. But more so, I think that we just have trouble saying what we truly feel, or that we are hoping that if we are around you long enough you will start to understand our language, tell us you like us, and then invite us out to dinner (and if you paid too that would be absolutely super).

Whatever the case may be, the best sign to look for to see if he is interested in you, is if, no matter what foolishness he is doing, he is doing it around you.

Check out more articles and discussion on the most popular question "Does He Like Me?".

What Girls Said 104

I like this guy in my class and one of my friends told him through text and then he said to her who are you and pretended he didn't know her or me and then whemever im in class he either asks who i am or my friends will ask do you know who she is and he says no and then they say my name. Also today i got one of my friends to ask if he likes me but like not ask to make it obvious and he didn't really answer all he did was shrug and continue to look at his phone. :/ please help.

• Here are some signs for if a shy girl likes you:

• There is a guy in my class.. actually a topper.. I onced text him on fb asking about studies... he respond to me and asked me to give pics of me.. nd said to trust him but I ignored... he blocked me on facebook... nd whenever I passed around him in university he keeps on staring at me? Wht u thing is the problem with him

• Yep we know this, nothing is more off putting to be honest, i do not enjoy guys not showing emotions and feelings, it's not the kind of thing i look for in a guy, i'm a sensitive person and if i can't express my feelings with a guy and be open and honest with them without them constantly changing the subject and avoiding anything i say that holds any kind of emotions to it then i'm sorry i'm not interested, this is not the kind of thing anybody wants even in a friend, females have started doing the same thing, they have closed themselves off and whenever i try to talk about something more intellectual that inspires and stirrs up some kind of emotion they shut me down every time, look around in fear of seeming "uncool" and a "freak" then procceed to avoid me... yeh... i don't think anybody wants this.

There is nothing wrong with being open and honest to talking about subjects that inspire or stirr some sort of ffeelings, if this is how it's going to be then i can't see compassion and kindness returning to each other again, it become a big problem a long while ago, so learn to open up, learn to talk again and trust each other, the main problem these days of not showing feeling or emotions is trust issues.

• The guy I like is a guy that I have talked to once or twice. He stares at me a lot, and I usually know by the feeling on him staring at me, you know that feeling? Anyways, second semester started and the first two days I never saw him so I was like 'oh well'. Then I guess I saw him after lunch and he came up the stairs I always take to my locker and two my next class. I thought no big deal of it until the next couple of days when he kept coming my way 24/7. He would walk by where I am go down the hall and then come back 4 minutes later. Summary of what I mean is recently he is always around me now. I saw him in our atrium and he looked at him and walked away. Then I ended up by myself in the atrium and he came back and walked behind me all the way up the stairs. Am I overthinking it or is there definite interest?

• And you thought women were complicated. What if he is always around you but avoids eye contact when you are near, or like flirts with other women near you. There's a million questions running through my head.

• So I text him, he texts me back, but nothing lengthy. But he does answer. When I see him, he talks to me, looks me in the eyes. Sometimes doesn't look at me, quiet, mostly ignores me, but doesn't move away. I think he has feelings for me, but confusing actions, hot then cold. He knows I like him. But how he feels is a mystery, am I a friend, or more, or nothing?

• My problem is my interest lives in a different town and we both work and all so we don't see each other but once a month... He is around when I am and all but he makes no effort to come to my town so I can see both from the article... Of course I think he's shy too... So if I can see things from both sides... What does that mean?

• He never texts me first, so I always text him first and I can't tell if he's intrested. I tried waiting a day bit he didn't text me that day. And he is the one who told me to text him, and he told one of my friends before we started texting he wasn't good at talking to girls. But when we were suppose to hangout with like a group he bailed. I try to ignore him but I just lose it every Time I see him, I just see his face and bam I'm losing it.

• My ex is not in the same class has me tho and he's not really around me but he looks at me
    but today his friend said he doesn't like m d but yesterday he look at me o..0 and on Monday too

• sure bc he doesn't say anything to me and when I try to communicate he doesn't say anything. He hasn't dated anybody since me and I haven't either. The way he acts seems like he likes me still but sometimes his actions throws me off

• and he pops out of no where and he be staring at me or seems to come over where I am to talk to some of are friends and stuff and I'm like why you don't just say hi to them when I'm not around. Then when I'm with one of are mutual girl friend he always seems to come over and ask her for quarters while I'm there when there's like a million other people in the room with us and don't ask none of them. I think he still likes me but I'm not 100%

• then and I tried to reach out to him but he ignores me. But everytime I come around hesitates and me and always seem to be around the same place I am. Overt the summer he was talking to some friends about me and it wasn't nothing bad but then he was talking to his football team then tried to say bad stuff but I think mostly it was to impress them or fake for them. We are in the 12th now and have no classes but everyday I seem to see

• We ended up getting back together after he called me and basically asked me back out then we ended up breaking up over some he say she say stuff again. After like a month we where messing around again and then one of his friends that liked me ended up telling him some lies bc he liked me then he broke up with me again. We haven't talked since then

• I used to date this boy a year and a half ago when we were in the 10th and 11th grade. We are now in the 12th and still attend the same school. Our 10th grade year we were always around each other and always over each other's house and went out on dates and spent almost everyday after school together. Then are 11th grade year we started having problems bc of my accusing then we ended up breaking up.

• What about if the guy blushes around you and looks into your eyes and chest and quickly turns away but he has to do his job as a trainer and can't be no where near you at times?

Also when I am close to the guy, he gets nervous as if I'm going to finally talk to him.

• I meet this guy about once a week just to hang out and he's always checking me out and doing me favours and were quite flirty but I know what type of guy he is although he's a sweet guy(to me anyway) he's always got different girls whos he's NEVER serious with and I don't want to ruin the relationship that we have and there's also another guy involved who I reallly like but I'm not as physically attracted to him as I am to the first one and he just asked me out, I don't know what to do

• wll, I am so frustrated with this guy, I don't even know why! we actually take 4th period together which is our English, he can't stop teasing me and sometimes he comes and sits in front of me and stare right in front of my face. he has a friend who is also my friend, that is where I knew him more. but I never knew if he likes me or not. I thought 'wow' did I just impress him with my personalities. now I feel so awkward being around him. am I the one making him like me?

• Okay, he was behind me. I was talking to one of my friends but the friend I was leaving with was trying to get my attention. That friend ask this guy for help to get my attention. So, he put his hand onmy shoulder and said my name. Feeling his hand from behind felt intimate to me but what do you think?

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 14

• Is this take ok... people say it misleads you and people think you are jerks

• Seems about right.

• Men can, and do, express their emotions in a perfectly sensible way.

Trouble is that women don't listen...

• I've seen some pretty wacky things women think are signs that a guy likes them. They tend to over-analyze us. This guy is 100 percent correct regardless of if the guy is an aggressive smooth talker or a quiet/shy type.

• That's very true. Now I'm curious to know what is the equivalent rule for girls in this case?

• K so...other day my crush found out I liked him....he was very suprised and seemed satisfied....next day...he was standoffish tho...and he's usually hyper and loud and stuff and he stayed alone and was very quiet and avoided me like no other. now reading your page....i'd say he doesn't know how to tell me he doesn't like me...? idk. what do you think...

• In truth, I might look at you during class, then look away, I might try to move away from you if you come towards my grope of friends and so on, usually these are signs of a long list of past rejections, so you might just be totally avoided as not to

start up emotions which would then result in, "The Question".

• PREACH!!!

• How right you are!! A lot of girls asked me how to tell if a guy likes them, this really sums it all up - if he's around you, he likes you. Nice and simple. Very well written!

• Very well put Genesis5. Something else I have done in the past in addition to all those you said above is that I would do things around her friends or people who I know she would hear from, even when I wasn't around her.

• Exactly right - the simplest and easiest signal out there.

• Please help me with my latest question. I neeed opinions , especially someone like you :-)

• Check if he is showing interest in things you do or talk about. For instance, if you like a kind of music that he likes as well, he might suggest artists you should listen to.

. Look for signs of nervousness like sweaty palms, nervous laughter, deep breaths, fidgeting. These are all signs of an attraction towards you and that he is nervous about making an impression on you.

• Im a guy and this girl is allways around me and I fell for her and I read this article and I notice I'm like that I always want to be around her and I've been doing this and she hasn't notice and I give her common sense signs to leave our friends to go alone but she understand she took it to the next level were she will bring more guys to get me jelouse what type of methods can I use to actually get in a relatinship together??

Please help me out e-mail:

Join the discussion