Signs He Likes You, Signs He Doesn't

"Does he like me?"

Are you wondering if a certain guy likes you? Here, I will help you answer it once and for all.

First, it's important for you to know that men, even with our best intentions, are not good at expressing how we feel. Leaving you hanging is not always part of the plan...sometimes guys just don't know how to tell you they like you.

Perhaps it's because our parents don't teach us how (obviously our fathers don't know because they are men and our mothers don't know what's really going on in our head because they aren't men), or maybe because everything we see in society says guys shouldn't express emotions and feelings and we buy into it. It might even be hardwired into our genetics since long ago when we saw something we wanted, we hit it with a club and took it home with us (speaking of which, please don't try this, I wont get into details, but trust me).

Society says guys shouldn't express emotions and feelings and we buy into it.

Whatever the reason is, it comes as no surprise that women are typically clueless about how we feel about them . So I am acting as an ambassador to help decode the signals men send and try to explain how a guy will act if he likes you.

I have talked to a lot of women that have questions about whether or not the guy that they are interested in is interested in them. If this guy looks at me every time I pass him, or "What does it mean when a guy. . ." , or perhaps "This guy asked me for my number, but he hasn't called". Honestly, I could go on for hours about thousands of particular does this guy like me situations. I believe, however, that whether a guy likes you or whether he doesn't can be summed up into just one sign (that has thousands of variations):

It doesn't matter what he is, or is not doing, the important thing is that he is (or isn't) doing it around you.

He is either around you or he isn't.

More than 98% of the time, if a guy likes you, then he is going to be around you. It doesn't matter if he is not talking directly to you or even blatantly ignoring you. Even if he is making fun of you, picking fights or punching you in the arm and then running away. One way or another, no matter what he is doing, he is doing it around you, and I guarantee you, this is true for men of all ages.

This doesn't mean that your interested man is going to be right next to you, or even within a few feet of you. But typically, if he is interested in you, he will find reasons to be close to you, even if that closeness means that he is only able to look at you from across the room.

If you really think about it, you will see exactly what I mean. What does it mean that every day when I see him in the hall, he looks right at me? That doesn't matter, what matters is that every day he has found a way to pass you in the hall so that he CAN look at you. Why does this guy always make fun of me? Because if he grunted, you would think that he was weird, and he has no other way to tell you that he likes you. But he never says anything to me! I'll bet why that is so frustrating to you is because he is always close enough to say something, but he never does. See what I am talking about?

Ladies, I also think that it's important that you understand that most men, no matter how old we get, never grow out of this. On the flipside of this coin, no matter what a guy is doing, if he is not doing it around you, typically he has no interest in you. Even if what he is doing are exactly like the examples above, if he is not around you more times than not, he probably doesn't have any feelings for you.

Every time I start to get close, he goes somewhere else, or My class is next to his, but I never see him in the hallway, or perhaps a little more extreme I went back to his apartment the next day, and someone else was living there. Just as we have trouble telling someone we do like them, we have the same trouble telling someone we don't. So, instead, we avoid you.

Some might say that we as men are just scared of rejection, and I believe that is true to some degree. But more so, I think that we just have trouble saying what we truly feel, or that we are hoping that if we are around you long enough you will start to understand our language, tell us you like us, and then invite us out to dinner (and if you paid too that would be absolutely super).

Whatever the case may be, the best sign to look for to see if he is interested in you, is if, no matter what foolishness he is doing, he is doing it around you.

Check out more articles and discussion on the most popular question "Does He Like Me?".

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 105

• Yep we know this, nothing is more off putting to be honest, i do not enjoy guys not showing emotions and feelings, it's not the kind of thing i look for in a guy, i'm a sensitive person and if i can't express my feelings with a guy and be open and honest with them without them constantly changing the subject and avoiding anything i say that holds any kind of emotions to it then i'm sorry i'm not interested, this is not the kind of thing anybody wants even in a friend, females have started doing the same thing, they have closed themselves off and whenever i try to talk about something more intellectual that inspires and stirrs up some kind of emotion they shut me down every time, look around in fear of seeming "uncool" and a "freak" then procceed to avoid me... yeh... i don't think anybody wants this.

There is nothing wrong with being open and honest to talking about subjects that inspire or stirr some sort of ffeelings, if this is how it's going to be then i can't see compassion and kindness returning to each other again, it become a big problem a long while ago, so learn to open up, learn to talk again and trust each other, the main problem these days of not showing feeling or emotions is trust issues.

• This article is an excellent resource for a lot of people on the site! "Does he like me" and even "does she like me" are really popular questions. Now people can get a great answer, regardless of the specific situation they are in. Highly recommended read

• THIS IS GOOD.

OMG

The question "Does he like me?" "Does he like me or not?" "Are we more than friends?"

from persons on this site is just getting boring..! People need to read this article.

• That was a great article. so true. I'm having sudden realizations about the past already. thanks for that bit of insight

• Need to be detailed about "But he never says anything to me!" and how should a girl approach this situation.

• I like this guy, I thought he like me. So I told him I liked him, he was sweet about it saying aww that's cute but I know he doesn't like me, were so close as friends. I have always been thinking about him, trying to put myself off him. But he's such a sweet guy and he's so gorgeous. I told him I didn't like him, so it wouldn't be awkward and its not. Everytime I talk to him I want to be with him, together. Loads of girls like him but I'm the closest friend as a girl.I want to be with him, what do I do

• Great article, thank you so much. Anyway, there is a new site on subject "How to tell if a guy likes you", so maybe it could be interesting for you

Good luck and thank you :)

• Wow this is really simple but extremely helpful THANKS!

• Brilliant writing! And this article was SOOOOOO helpful!

• OKay so this boy I totally like cause we have EVERYTHING in common. He has really bad mood swings. Last week he go mad at me for no reason. that was Tuesday. then Thursay the same week he asked out this new girl they have been dating since but Wednesday of this week he started being my friend yet again. We flirt non stop since we met each other. and yet Friday he said I am going to break up with my girlfriend. and he told me to warn her. well all day Friday he tickled me made me laugh etc. but he tells everyone that he don?t like me that way.. WHAT SHALL I DO?!?!?! >:/

• This article was very well written. I'm going to keep your advice in mind. Thank you.

• Ok you seem to get anoyed when people are like "but he.." this and that. but I'm so confused. I have a guy friend were real close. I told him I like him and we became distant for a little while but now were closer than ever. everyone insists that he likes me though he says he doesn't but he rarly says it any more cause I stop people before it can freak him out. he always around now! ALWAYS! hanging out or he calls me when he's bored or so he says, ALWAYS not just friend around but boyfriend around help me

• My problem is my interest lives in a different town and we both work and all so we don't see each other but once a month... He is around when I am and all but he makes no effort to come to my town so I can see both from the article... Of course I think he's shy too... So if I can see things from both sides... What does that mean?

• Wow! I love this. It's easy for me to tell when guy friends like me, but now I can tell with non-friends.

• Ok I have a question. What if the guy lives rather far away but not that far and you have only known him for like 2 months but you like him and you told him and he says he likes you back but all you do is talk on the computer with him everyday and he is very nice and straight forward about things hand we are 16 by the way and every time you ask him to go somewhere with you he says no but claims he likes you but doesn't want to move too fast and that eventually he will like me more than I like hii

• This guy called me during the middle of the night I answertes the phone thinking some one had died or something. It was a co-worker of mine, he wanted to go over some paper work with me when he realized that I heoke me up he stated he would talk to me on Monday. Does mhe like me?

• He never texts me first, so I always text him first and I can't tell if he's intrested. I tried waiting a day bit he didn't text me that day. And he is the one who told me to text him, and he told one of my friends before we started texting he wasn't good at talking to girls. But when we were suppose to hangout with like a group he bailed. I try to ignore him but I just lose it every Time I see him, I just see his face and bam I'm losing it.

• Your article really helped me, Because there is a guy that has been staring at me since the start of the school year and he never says anything to me and whenever he has the chance he usually gets close to me. At homecoming I was waiting to get in with my friend and out of no where he stands right by me and starts looking at me without saying a word. So I am glad there is some insight to this. Thank You : ]

• This article is amazing - simple and straight to the point. Thank you for the advice! This guy I casually know always went to the place I work, says HI to me and nothing more. He then asked me out to dinner by the end of the week ;).. "now I get it!" lol

• I like this guy in my class and one of my friends told him through text and then he said to her who are you and pretended he didn't know her or me and then whemever im in class he either asks who i am or my friends will ask do you know who she is and he says no and then they say my name. Also today i got one of my friends to ask if he likes me but like not ask to make it obvious and he didn't really answer all he did was shrug and continue to look at his phone. :/ please help.

• More from Girls
    85

What Guys Said 15

• Very well put Genesis5. Something else I have done in the past in addition to all those you said above is that I would do things around her friends or people who I know she would hear from, even when I wasn't around her.

• How right you are!! A lot of girls asked me how to tell if a guy likes them, this really sums it all up - if he's around you, he likes you. Nice and simple. Very well written!

• Exactly right - the simplest and easiest signal out there.

• Men can, and do, express their emotions in a perfectly sensible way.

Trouble is that women don't listen...

• Im a guy and this girl is allways around me and I fell for her and I read this article and I notice I'm like that I always want to be around her and I've been doing this and she hasn't notice and I give her common sense signs to leave our friends to go alone but she understand she took it to the next level were she will bring more guys to get me jelouse what type of methods can I use to actually get in a relatinship together??

Anyone??

• ^^^ dude im a girl and im telling you, this girl DEFINITELY noticed she just isn't showing it. and if she brings more guy friends then that mean she wants to see if you're jealous. and if you ask me then this chick already knows you like her and is trying to confirm it. but if you want ways then talk to her, ask her for her number, interact with her, be playful, smile, laugh, talk to people, make eye contact with her, and be nice.

• In truth, I might look at you during class, then look away, I might try to move away from you if you come towards my grope of friends and so on, usually these are signs of a long list of past rejections, so you might just be totally avoided as not to

start up emotions which would then result in, "The Question".

• Is this take ok... people say it misleads you and people think you are jerks

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a8164-3-ways-to-get-a-girl-s-attention

• Seems about right.

• I've seen some pretty wacky things women think are signs that a guy likes them. They tend to over-analyze us. This guy is 100 percent correct regardless of if the guy is an aggressive smooth talker or a quiet/shy type.

• Check if he is showing interest in things you do or talk about. For instance, if you like a kind of music that he likes as well, he might suggest artists you should listen to.

. Look for signs of nervousness like sweaty palms, nervous laughter, deep breaths, fidgeting. These are all signs of an attraction towards you and that he is nervous about making an impression on you.

• K so...other day my crush found out I liked him....he was very suprised and seemed satisfied....next day...he was standoffish tho...and he's usually hyper and loud and stuff and he stayed alone and was very quiet and avoided me like no other. now reading your page....i'd say he doesn't know how to tell me he doesn't like me...? idk. what do you think...

• That's very true. Now I'm curious to know what is the equivalent rule for girls in this case?

• Please help me with my latest question. I neeed opinions , especially someone like you :-)

• This is all wrong

• PREACH!!!