Do Men Miss Us As Much As We Miss Them?

Let's say you've been really good friends with a girl, strong connection and everyday you tell each other that you love each other, talk for hours and know that eventually you want to be in a relationship but you want to be friends first. So everything's going great for the past couple of months in the friendship area and you tell each other you want to be together, You talk about everything and anything and have the same sense of humor. It's great.

And have even started talking about intimate, sexual things.

How is it possible for a guy to out of the blue just tell you on IM "I met someone else" and that's it. Nothing else, not one other word. Not even a call to apologize for being an asshole. No explanation when the night before you were describing future plans with me?! WTF!

Explain the male brain because I'm going crazy here trying to understand this. I'm not contacting him at all to question him, I'm staying far far far away. But I would like to know if a guy would miss me after all we shared in the past couple months. Did I get played? I mean, why would you bother calling me 2-3 times a day for long talks if you were just playing me?!

Jonathan, it was his decision to be friends first because of his past experiences, also we live 1 1/2 away from each other. But the really frustrating part is that the night before he said he met someone else, he was still talking about a future with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would miss you, only because I would not tell something I didn't feel. As for his feelings. Who knows dear! I think he liked you, and was working on being with you, I also think he saw someone that immediately caught his eye, and she was wanting to move at a faster pace than you did. This would explain the sudden someone else, since you were only friends he might not think he owes you an apology. It is possible you got played, I don't know, what I do know is that he wasn't really sure about a future with you even if he spoke of it.