Why guys will disappear?

Just wondering why guys will disappear on a girl while they are dating? I can understand if they're no longer interested, but why pop back into the... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Cuz some men are into more than, well, just you, all the time. When will you women get that you are mostly high maintenance, controlling, demanding, constantly jealous and can be very needy at times? ... especially the hot ones (the ones we want). You wear us out and we need a break. Some guys get that and aren't afraid of the petty threats, constant criticism and manipulation that women throw at us. It's not bad to do things without you just because you are over there whining and pouting. Men retreat. That's what we do. We need a break, occassionally from you, and the rest of the world's bs. Your way of recharging is gabbing with your friends. Our way of recharging is doing fun stuff...sometimes without you.

• I understand a guys need to retreat for a few days, we all get overwhelemed sometimes. My question was directed at why a guy will completley disappear for weeks or months, with no explaination in the MIDDLE of a relationship. To me, if a guy does this, it indicates that he no longer wants to date you. If that's the case, I can deal with that. However I am wondering why he would REAPPEAR after such a long absense and just expect that the girl is going to be waiting for him with open arms?

• I find it hard to understand myself why he would do that if you guys are together. Maybe if you guys broke up or needed a break. And that's possibly why he would disappear on you and needed his space. I can understand if you aren't together and he missed you and still loves you. I'd break up with him if he ever disappeared in a relationship because that is not a relationship anymore. The two of you have to work together.