Am I imagining that he likes me?? WOW...I hope not!!

He and I have connected as friends at work. We like the same things and we chat while he fixes my computer. He is mid 30's. I'm a few years older, so it's not a high school crush thing.

I am always asking things about him, and he tells me in detail. He's pretty sensitive guy, and very funny! When he walks by my area, I catch him sometimes looking over at me, but when I look up, he is looking away or focusing on something else.

When I ask for his help, he is always there for me, but it's his job. Although I don't see him talking to other girls as much as he does with me. He opens up about stuff, like his pets, his mom and other "life" stuff, but we are both from the NY area growing up, and both relocated out west. So not sure if he's tying in to the similarities as friends. We live near each other and mentioned a local restaurant/bar everyone goes to. He said he loves the appetizers there. I said "we should go sometime! " and he agreed, though last week he canceled on me, but said let's do it next week. We're supposed to go tomorrow, but he hasn't mentioned anything yet. I don't know if he likes me as a new work friend. Or if he's interested in more? I'm somewhat insecure, but don't want to seem desperate, and don't want to "remind" him about this like I have nothing else on my calendar. I was just going to bring it up tomorrow morning and ask if "we're still on". Not sure. I touch him on the shoulder and back and give him knuckle bumps and stuff like that, but he has only touched me once, and that was on the shoulder. He does sit and talk, laugh with me. But when is a guy just a friend. And when does he want more?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he likes you. Why not just ask him if he is still up for some appetizers and happy hour tomorrow so you all can hang out? If he is still interested, then I would say he definitely wants to hang out with you. If not, oh well, there are plenty of fish in the sea.

• He was totally up for it as of 5:30 yesterday. Totally flirty and fun! Today, he was mister avoider, and left at 3 without telling anyone. He was supposed to be back at 3:30, but it's almost 5:30 and no one has seen him. FLAKE, FLAKE, FLAKE.

• Guys are just weird sometimes. You know how we can be moody, guys can be too. Maybe there are some outside factors in his personal life that you don't know about that make him act this way.

• Update: he didn't call me 'cause he was having a roommate meltdown. He subleases from this guy, who got evicted last night. He was hoping to move at end of month (I knew about this) but now has to move this weekend. Last night he took his dogs to his sisters