Do girls like when guys get protective of them?

Ok so I just started seeing this girl for the past couple of weeks. My love for her keeps growing and every minute with her is amazing. I'm starting to feel very protective of her though, I hold her close to me, wrap my arms around her while at school, walk her home at night, all that stuff. I also get really annoyed when I see guys checking her out and want to fight anyone that gives her sh*t or makes her feel bad. My question is to girls mind this, I'm all for women being independent, but sometimes I just feel like I need to protect her. So all you girls out there whada think, do you like when guys do this, turn you on or anything, annoy you? For all you guys with girls out there, do you do this as well and why?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, i, as a girl, do kinda like it when I guy is protective of me. It means he cares about me. To me, being protective=he loves me. I like being loved (as long as he's not overly jealous or possesive) and I like knowing that I'm safe with this guy. If a guy makes me feel safe, I'm much more likely to like him like that.Oh, and it sounds like you're a little jealous. It's kinda cute, but don't overdo it. It's nice if you're jealous to protect us, but if you're jealous because you don't trust us, that's a no-no.good luck with the girl

What Girls Said 2

• I love when a guy feels protective over me although I'm pretty independant. Protective is a good thing but when you become clingy you should back off a bit, clingy is usually a turn off for more independant girls.

• Yes I like being independent and can hold my own in difficult situations but I still love it when a guy is protective of me (just don't go overboard with it). Even if the guy is just a friend it's always nice to know someone will protect me...and if it's a guy I like or a guy I'm dating...it's even better. It feels so nice to know that he'll look after me, be there for me and stand up for me if the need arises.

What Guys Said 1

• It's a natural instinct for men. Unfortunately we live in a time of high walls and some girls just want their space. If you start to pick up signs that she feels annoyed by you I would draw back a bit but stay interested.