Why would a guy stare at me all the time but not smile?

Why would a guy stare at me all the time but not smile. He isn't frowning but he just has a blank look on his face. My friends have caught him staring at me a few times. He knows that I like him and I've been told that he likes me but I've been wondering if he doesn't anymore. Sometimes he'll hold my gaze for a few seconds and then other times if I catch him staring he'll look away really fast.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He could be picturing you dressed up like a wild African princess with a spear fighting off thousands of deadly pygmies. Each pygmy grabbing an article of clothing and tearing it off piece by piece. You are skilled in the way of the spear and fighting to the death to protect yourself. Then, just as you find yourself with only a piece of thread covering your overly exposed body, he comes to your rescue and saves you. His reward? To remove the last piece of thread. But that's just one of the things he might be thinking. :)

• HAHAHA! Hilarious!

• Show Older
    • People need to remember that good looking people are shy because they don't have as many people coming up to them to talk. They may feel like no one likes them, but what they don't realize is that they are to intimidating to talk to and people would like them if they just spoke up. This also gives people the impression that they are stuck up. People don't expect good looking people to be shy.

• I never thought of it like that but it is true. People always think that I'm stuck up until they meet me because I'm super shy. I have a few guys approach me but not a lot and I'm always like "is it me?" I have had guys tell me that I'm very attractive but I don't always believe it because guys always look from afar but never approach. Very well spoken! :)

What Guys Said 4

• It sounds to me like he likes you. You need to let him know by telling him that you like him or would like to get to know him better. You need to put the ball in his court and if he doesn't act after that then it is his loss. I know that it is easier said than done to put your self out there, but he isn't going to make the first move. So it is up to you.

• Thanks for the advice. I've caught his friends staring over at me a lot so I'm pretty sure he likes me. He is just sooo shy around me. I see him talking to other women all the time but he clams up around me.

• Do you smile? See what happens if you do. Maybe he's wondering the same thing. He sounds a little weird to me though. People who don't smile are scary.

• Oh I know all about that poor boy he likes you but he is afraid to tell you but he wants you to know somehow. If he's like me I've learned that over the years of rejection you forget how to smile and you may not even know when you are smiling. If you do like do him a favor and make the first move once he warms up to you he should be very romantic he thinks everything through to much to make things perfect for you but there is always something to mess up his plans on how to win you over.

• I never knew that guys could be shy until I started liking this guy. I'm going to have to approach him to get the ball rolling. Thanks!

• Sounds like he likes you. He's probably nervous, and not ready to smile yet. Unless he's a naturally awkward person, then I don't exactly know.

What Girls Said 3

• Do you ever smile at him when you catch him staring? If so, does he smile back? There is only one sure way to find out what is going through his mind: just ask him! Ask him out, ask him how he is today. Just start a conversation. It will be pretty obvious pretty fast if there is any spark between you. Good luck! I hope he's smiling at you soon. :)

• Well. I would think that a guy liked me if he did that. However, it is strange because you already told him you like him, one would think he would just ask you out (he obviously has nothing to lose). AHHH mean! Sometimes they really need to grow some balls LOL! The only other thing I can think of is maybe he has some form of epilepsy, you know. The febrile kind?

• LOL. Thanks for the answer. Guys do need to grow some more balls nowadays! I met his friend yesterday through a friend and he was stuttering and everything so I'm pretty sure my crush has told him about me. :)

• That is so exciting for you! I'm sure he'll ask you out soon....or maybe his friend likes you too :)

• o my gosh this is exactly my situation too. he always stares at me! and all my firends think he likes me and everybody knows I like him and he gets me jealous by flirting wiht his exes or people I ahte jsut when I'm aorund but when I tlak to any guy he jsut glares!