When you pray for something, does God give you signs that the answer to your prayer is on the way?

I've been praying about a situation with someone.. we were close and then all of a sudden he stopped contacting me...i always prayed about it, but lately I had stop being so worrisome and anxious about getting my pray answered... So, I haven't seen or heard from this person I am praying about in 2 months,and then suddenly yesterday I saw him and he said hi to me..even though we didn't really talk, I was wondering could this one incident be a sign of things to come?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes God gives us peace about the issue, and confidence to let go of our own understanding. We learn that sometimes He has a bigger plan that doesn't include what we want. BUT, I've learned that it always turns out for the better. I've had a lot of unanswered prayers, but thank goodness! I've had a pretty blessed life... and I've made a handful of ridiculous mistakes! But, also look towards whether the relationship is a healthy one, or if you're holding onto something for reasons that shouldn't be. Learn to practice good judgment. A lot of people say "look to God", but sometimes He gives you all the tools, and has you make it happen.

God may not give you the answer that you want, but you will get the peace about the situation. Practice patience.

• I get what you mean about the peace thing...i do feel a peace about it and I have kind of an "i don't really care what happens attitude"

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 8

• I've never prayed in my whole life. I don't think I ever will do it.

• Its not cool of you to say that !

• Which it is if you think about it in an objective and unbiased observer's perspective.

one who is given knowledge as a whole versus another who is given one slice of the pie. Growing up in such a manner creates different trains of thoughts that will define each individual differently and of course, no one is right or wrong, but think of it still as an observer and recognize that prayer or no prayer, Its all in your head.

• My parents did not sent me to a Bible class (but once, after some priest insisted on it: I asked so many difficult questions there that the preacher never came back), they gave me a 'children's Bible' when I was 8 or 9. I read it like a novel. I've read the Bible in three languages (I've them here, next to the Quran, in three languages too) I don't believe in either.

• I'm not religious but I've often heard "god helps those who help themselves". If you really want something to come of this, stop praying and take matters into your own hands, you'll have a better success rate.

MY opinion, not yours.

Cheers.

• Better yet, keep praying and also take matters into your own hands. I don't believe the praying will do you any good but if you do that's all that matters. Double your odds for success but don't leave it to chance if you really want it.

• Your curiosity. Your faith. Appease whatever needs answering because everyone knows how it feels to not KNOW something as important as Gods intentions or the answer to a multiple choice question or a long answer question on an exam that will ultimately guide yourself to a rich future of opportunities, or on the streets if you fail. A life or death question of you will. And that is what "God" is. And since there is no right answer, all of em are right for each deist according to their situation/life.

• And no one is right/no one is wrong.

But at least look for once, and realize even if god exists or doesn't exist, This is your life, predetermined by god OR NOT, whether you really have a WILL, or not according to some of the major religions... Pretend it is you with the power, afterall, if you belive in god, you Are pretending to have faith/belief in Him. Believe in yourself, work on yourself for gods sake:D

Quit having to rely on others or God, and be a f***ing man(or woman). That's all you are.

• Although God can help you with your personal struggles, he is not your match maker. All he can do is give you courage and a helpful guide. But he does not grant wishes such as that you want.

• God cares about everyone. . Yes some of my prayer weren't anwsered but I believe god has a plan for us and some times our prayers aren't anwser because god believes its in our best interest.

• Don't rely on your imaginary omni-present/omni-potent and all knowing friend to give you signs or to guide you.

Guide yourself.

Rely on yourself.

You are the one who is alive, human and physical.

If you are so intent on seeing a sign, a path to lead you... your mind WILL doing it for you. Not God. The brain is a very cool thing, read up on it.

I know the God concept is really amazing and is a wonderful tool to use for a believer in that sort of thing, it helps many people, and it can also create MANY MANY problems but as well, create a lot of good in our world. Prayer or no prayer, you don't need a sign. You just need to start being self-efficient. Self-reliable. Make sh*t happen on YOUR terms.

You need to start thinking for YOURSELF and ACT on what feels right for you. Deities can't help you on that one. HA. They never do when it comes to thinking for yourself... unless you "hear" God...ha ha.

• I like your view about those things :D

• You have a right to your beliefs (or lack thereof), but unless you've actually died, who's to say that there is no God? She has faith, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not a crutch, it's a belief that there's a higher purpose and a meaning to life. Yes, she does need to rely on her own judgment, but if she derives a sense of direction from her faith, there's no wrong in that. But I agree, she needs to be a mover and shaker and make things happen. And there we find common ground.

• Who says in death there is or isn't an afterlife? .............

Faith is a crutch when you fail to help yourself, and a tool to be used when advantageous for good or bad. History knows what good it has done. As for our common ground, it derives from what every sensible human being is born with, common sense and critical thinking. Used together, There is your god, and its thyself. =] hallelujah

More from Guys
3

What Girls Said 12

• Prayer won't make good things come your way, in the same way that wishing on a shooting star won't. BUT, and this is coming from a girl who has never had a religious bone in her body, I do equate prayer and faith to be similar to hope, and having hope is a good first step, the next step is to physically do something about what you want.

• I pray mostly when I need spiritual guidance. I am quite a spiritual person.

but

I also work things and I work for things by making goals and completing them. in a sense, you got to do what you can in a practical sense to acheive your dreams. and on top of that, sure, pray. Sometimes I do. like when my grandpa wasn't feeling well, I prayed for him. but I like how one answerer said, rely on yourself. that's what I believe in too

• Prayer is not the same as a wish. You don't usually say a prayer, and say "oh I hope whatever I prayed about comes true." God knows what's best for you, and if you never meet up with this guy again it's not because God didn't hear your prayer, it's because this guy wasn't meant to be a part of your life.

• Sometimes no answer is the answer that is required. God allows things to happen that are in your best interest. Have trust in him, but pray also. If it is right for you, it will happen naturally .. I hope this helps :)

• Maybe god has already answered your prayer, but you haven't looked at the big picture...Maybe that guy isn't the one that is right for you...Maybe that time apart is when you should have been focusing on something or someone else...maybe everything you seen in him, God sent it to you through someone else...and maybe you guys not really talking was a sign that you guys shouldn't...and maybe it wasn't God that send him

your way, just maybe he was a distraction.

More from Girls
7